Hold On To the Nights by goneplatinum


Number of reviews: 0
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


The day seemed to slip into a giant black hole. I couldn't remember hardly anything that had happened just a few hours before, but the bruises and scratches kept that small chunk of memory well lit. I was sitting on the edge of the tub, running my hand underneath the faucet as the lukewarm water filtered between my fingers. The TV blared some random sports event in the bedroom, and I could faintly hear Lance talking to someone out in the hall. Once the tub was moderately filled and after I had shut the door down to a crack I shed my clothes, leaving them in a pile on the rug. Sliding my backside down against the smooth edge of the bathtub, exhaling as I did so. Closing my eyes, I let the billowing steam and the warmth of the room take my worries away.

"Hannah, you okay in there?" Lance asked, knocking lightly on the door. He peeked in and I gave a small smile.

"Yeah, I'll be okay. Just need to be alone for a while, I think." I replied, my voice thick from the shed tears.

"Well I'll just be out here if you need me."

I did need him, but I didn't know how to express that need, so for the moment I just kept things to myself. Flicking water up onto the ceramic walls, it made a defined pattern of droplets. Then, all in an instant, I saw a fist coming right at my face. Screams filled my ears. It was me... I mean it wasn't a dream. My hands shook uncontrollably, even in the warm water. I leaned over and splashed my face, hoping the illusions would go as quickly as they had come.

"Please, leave me alone!" I sobbed, hiding my face in my hands. Then… another hand appeared, sharp nails extracted. With one swipe, I felt a sharp stinging sensation from both the front and the back.

"Whoa baby, it's okay." Lance was at my side, his arms around me.

"No please, it hurts!" I said, wincing as his skin met with mine.

"Ohmygod, they got your back too." he whispered.

"Make it stop!"

Then all at once, I was in his arms, safe from everything.

"Thank you." I managed to squeak out amongst the tears that still streamed down my face.

"Quit saying that." he laughed, wiping my eyes with the back of his hand. He opened the bathroom door and set me down on the bed. I watched as he disappeared into the room once again and came back moments later carrying another towel and a tub of vaseline, "Here, scoot back."

Covering up my front side, I sighed deeply. This was getting to be too much for me to take. I didn't enjoy being in this kind of warped emotional state, and I really didn't like feeling helpless.

"Okay, this may be a little bit cold at first." Lance's slow southern drawl filled my ear, sending a flicker of electricity through my nervous system. I tensed up as his fingers gently spread the medication across the lashes, but then relaxed as he worked to release the tense muscles.

"Are you a dream, too?" I heard myself saying as he continued. He laughed.

"No, but you may be a dream come true." was his reply.

Not sure if I had heard him correctly, I turned my head and our eyes met. A bright smile radiated off of his tanned skin. A rush of emotions ran up and down, all throughout my body.

"Come again?"

"You're beautiful." he responded, brushing the stray strands of hair out of my face. He stood up on his knees and turned my shoulder to fully face him. He reached down and brought the t-shirt he had been wearing over his head and tossed it down on the floor. His chest was broad and the muscles were sculpted. He was one of the most gorgeous men I had ever set eyes on.

"Laying it on kinda thick aren't you?" I questioned.

He smirked, "Shut up and kiss me."

I laid back as Lance hovered over me and our lips met, the hurt and scars forgotten. With our legs raveled together, he made a trail of kisses from my neck to just below my belly button, then came back up and pressed his mouth to mine. I could feel his manhood throbbing against my thigh, which only turned me on even more. I grabbed the scruff of his neck and let him have full control. The passion was so overwhelming, it was incredible.

Later that same night, I was curled up in a big blanket with my head on Lance's shoulder. How good did I have it? Really, a boyfriend who would do anything for me (and he had proved that already), a loving family. I was blessed.

"I cannot believe you talked me into this." Lance said, sinking further down into the beige leather sofa. He crossed his arms across his chest and pouted for an added effect.

"What? I love this movie."

"Steel Magnolias is a chick flick." he stated matter-of-factly. I laughed.

"Not even close, padre. There are guys in it too, therefore it is NOT a chick flick."

He opened his mouth to reply, but the words failed him. He sat back and shrugged in defeat. A knock came to the door a few minutes later. Lance jumped up, as if it was an excuse to get out of watching the movie.

"Hey man. We're gonna hop over to Mickey D's, you guys want anything?" JC asked, his eyes darting between Lance and I.

"No thanks, I'm good." I replied with a smile, bringing the blanket under my chin.

"You know, Chris said he heard some thumpin on the wall earlier..."

"They were getting it on, dumb ass!" Chris hollered, coming up to them. He smacked the back of JC's head, ducking as JC gave him the evil eye.

"Can ya grab me a Big Mac and a large coke?" Lance asked. JC nodded and took the order down on a pad of paper provided by the hotel.

"Ooh, does knockin' the boots get your appetite up? Wouldn't know, it's kinda been a while for me." Chris sighed, gazing up at the ceiling. What a nut.

"Uh... yeah, anyways."

"No problem, we'll be back in a while. Hannah, you feeling better?"

"Yes I am, thanks."

"Glad to hear it. “ he smiled, patting Lance's arm before they left.

I focused my attention back on the screen and let out a giggle as Miss Ouiser and Rex came barreling across the street, the look of the devil on her face. Lance sighed and sat down once again. I looked up. He was really not enjoying this.

"Do you want to watch something else?"

"Really? Y-you don't mind?"

"Just as long as it's not one of those shoot 'em up flicks."

He got up and ejected the video from the VCR, then put in "Can't Hardly Wait". Good choice, I must say.

"This is my favorite part." Lance laughed as William got up on stage and began singing "Paradise City" by GnR.

"Kinda reminds me of the after-graduation party I went to, although it wasn't quite as rowdy." I admitted.

"You mean at Ryan Miller's? Yeah, I was there too."

"You were? I don't remember that."

"Because you were too busy talking with Marissa and Danielle and the rest of the cheerleaders." his gaze dropped down to his hands.

"Wha... how did you... why... why didn't you come over and say something?"

"I was too shy. I mean you were one of the most popular girls in school, and I... I was a nobody."

"Oh Lance, don't say that! You had plenty of friends and you know it."

He shrugged in response and continued to look at his hands.

"Can I be honest with you?" I asked, sitting up. He nodded as I continued, “I didn't really LIKE being popular, it just came with the territory. Truth is, I spent many Friday nights at home with my parents, watching Family Matters and the ABC lineup."

"You're lyin." Lance said, cocking his head to one side.

"I am not! You can call my mom and ask her!" I said, throwing my hands up.

"Uh no thanks, I'll... I'll take your word for it." he smiled.

"Besides, look where we are now. I mean who woulda thunk it?"

"You're not angry with me about what went down today?" he asked, a sense of hesitation in his voice. I could tell he'd been wanting to discuss this for a while. I bit my lip and held back the tears I knew would come if I let my guard down.

"Well, it wasn't your fault so how could I be mad?"

"But it's because of me that you got hurt. Do you know how much that hurt me to see you like that? It was like someone ripped out my heart and put it on a table."

"I don't blame you, Lance. I mean you didn't hire those girls to do that, right?"

"Of course not!"

"So then don't worry, I will be just fine. As they say, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger." I laid a reassuring hand on his leg and gave it a squeeze," I still love you no matter what. And everything that you did for me tonight proves that we have something special. I don't want to lose that."

"I'd do it again."

He leaned over and kissed the top of my head, bringing his lips down to mine. Soon we were both asleep, lying on the sofa in each other's arms. I was going to be just fine... just fine.


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki