Hold On To the Nights by goneplatinum


Number of reviews: 0
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


It was that same night, and I was sitting downstairs watching some really bad TV. JC was busy yakking it up with his girlfriend Cindy long distance. She would be joining us the next day, along with Chris' fiancee Jade. It was hard to be the only single one in the group. Well, that's not totally true. Joey was and would always be single... he could never commit to just one woman, it just wasn't his nature. And Justin was in an on-again and off-again relationship.

"Lance sweetie?" Mom came down the stairs holding a tray laden with glasses of soda and a bowl of chips. I got up and met her halfway across the room, planting a kiss on her cheek, "Is there enough room for everyone?"

"Yep, I think so. I can always just crash on the couch if it comes down to it. Oh, Alex called. We're gonna head over there in a few."

Mom smiled and nodded. I knew she approved of my friends, which was definitely a good thing. Just then a loud yelp came from one of the back bedrooms, which was followed by a piercing scream. Chris came flying into the den, Joey hot on his heels holding what looked like... a curling iron?

"I am the curl whirly! Bow down to me, mere mortal!" Joey cackled in a deep voice, almost matching my own.

"That's it! I'm cutting off your supply of catnip!"

They came and went in a matter of seconds, leaving the rest of us completely baffled. I guess we should come to expect the unexpected.

"Okay... well, I think it's time to rescue Chris from Joe's delusions and head on outta here."

"K baby. Yeah, I'll see you tomorrow. Can't wait to see you. Bye bye." JC stood up and looked down the hall, his head cocked to one side, "Did I miss something?"

"Yeah, but believe me, you do not want to know."
----

Alex was outside of the split-ranch house his parents owned, shooting some hoops.

"Hey, it's the Bass man!"

"Air B! What's up, bro?"

"Not much, not much. But that's the usual, so you know..."

"I hear ya. Okay, these are my best friends. We got JC, Chris, Justin, and in the back is Joey. Alex was my comrade in high school." I informed the guys. JC nodded and shook Alex's hand.

"Nice to meet ya, man. So, B... you heard Pete's getting hitched, right?"

"You are kidding me! Weren't you the one who said he'd be terminally single?"

"Uh no... that's what everyone said about ME." he said with a laugh, dribbling the ball as he gazed down at the asphalt, "But hey, you know, it's all good. I'm the best man in this gig."

"Whoah, sorry man, didn't mean to hit the jugular."

"It is all good, Bass man. I'm just glad you decided to ditch the glamorous life of O-Town and come back!"

Laughing, I noticed another car pull up. Or truck, rather, with Georgia plates.

"Speak of the devil." he whispered and walked over to the two girls who had just stepped out. He gave one of them a hug and shook the hand of the other.

"You know who they are?" Justin asked. Not having the slightest clue, I shrugged and waited as the trio came back.

"This is the woman my brother has left singlehood for." he smirked.

"I'll take that as a compliment, thanks. Janine Jamison, nice to meet you."

"Hey, I'm Lance." I looked over her shoulder at the other woman who was standing behind and to her left.

"OH! Sorry Han." Alex apologized. He reached for her hand and brought her into the center of the circle, "May I present Miss Hannah Jamison, the Maid of Honor."

No... no, it couldn't be. Could it? I quickly looked her straight in the eyes, and it all clicked.


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki