Hold On To the Nights by goneplatinum


Number of reviews: 0
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


I have come to the conclusion, and that conclusion is this: my sister is a complete bore. Really, she sat on the couch in Alex's living room, half-smiling at the stupid jokes being thrown around like yesterday's worn underwear, pretty much looking like she was about to fall asleep. Thank God Peter showed up when he did.

"There's my beautiful bride." he smiled, walking into the living room where we were all gathered. I was situated between (I think) Justin and Chris, the pranksters of the group.

"So then she says in this breathy Marilyn Monroe cheap imitation 'I didn't know musicians could be so sexy', and I came back with, 'Honey, you ain't seen nothin' yet!' I wanted to run around whipping my shirt over my head, but I thought maybe that would scare her off." Chris said as I was laughing my butt off. Who knew a 28-year-old could be so... childlike? But don't get me wrong, he's a great guy nonetheless.

"Man, you need to learn how to pick up women. Using lines from ER aren't gonna cut it!" Justin said, shaking his head in shame. Chris jutted out his lower lip and lowered his head.

"B-but George said it... he always gets the ladies!"

"Didn't he leave the show like 2 years ago?" I inquired. Justin's eyes widened and a large grin crossed his face.

"Exactly my point!"

Hey, I was happy to add to the madness. Soon there was a heated discussion as to whether a late thirty-something who had a bad history with women was a good role model or not. As long as there was no hair-pulling, all would be well with the world.

"Hannah...could you come over here for a sec?" Alex asked, sticking his head in from the kitchen.

I could feel a pair of eyes on me as I got up and walked out of the room. Quickly looking back, all 5 of the guys were busy talking to each other. Hmm, guess I'm just being paranoid.

"Sis, we were just going over the final plans for tomorrow." Janine said from her spot at the kitchen table. Pamphlets and cards of all shapes and sizes littered the laminated surface. She looked somewhat frazzled, which was to be expected.

"Okay. What do you want me to do?"

"Well," Peter began, grabbing a stack of index cards, "If you could hand these invitations out to the fellas in the living room, that would be a big help."

Looking down, I saw the name on the top card, scrawled in fancy calligraphy. Lance Bass. For some reason, that struck a chord in my mind. But then when I set my eyes on the blond-tipped guy sitting on the floor, that theory was pushed out of memory. I had never seen him before... there, my mind was playing tricks on me. Yeah, good excuse. I passed out the cards based on the vague introductions Janine had given about an hour ago. When I was done, they each looked at the name on the card next to them, and switched, laughing in the process. I could feel my face succumbing to the human tomato syndrome.

"Sorry." I squeaked out before making a beeline to the kitchen. I had a tendency to make an ass out of myself quite often... and it was usually around cute guys. Think there's some sort of therapy for this?
---

Luckily, the humility fest was short-lived. Soon Janine and I were on our way back to the house. I had turned up the radio to counteract the voices screaming inside my head. There was something bugging me, but I couldn't put my finger on it.

"You're quiet. Something wrong?"

"What? No, just thinking. Who were those extra people in the living room, anyhow?"

"Oh I think some of Alex's friends." she shrugged, "Peter thought it would be nice if he could invite some people too. Whatever, I wasn't about to argue with him."

"Because there was..." I trailed off, then shook my head to dispel the thought. Janine raised an eyebrow, then reached over to turn down the radio.

"There was what? Don't hold out on me, little sister. I've known you for too long... you've got a secret."

I hated that sister intuition right then. She could read me like a book.

"Well... okay. One of the names on those cards sounded really familiar."

"And?"

"And nothing. I didn't recognize any of them."

"I will never understand you, Hannah." she laughed, leaning her head on her hand, "So what's the big deal? Maybe it was someone you went to school with or something."

That could be, I thought, mentally going through all the guys I could remember from high school. This was going to be a mission, and one I was more than willing to accept.


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki