Hold On To the Nights by goneplatinum


Number of reviews: 0
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


What a wonderful day for a wedding... it was the day before the Fourth of July. The air was warm yet not overly humid or sticky, and there wasn't a cloud to be seen for miles. I woke up in a good mood, which is rare. Usually my days begin with one or more of my cats stepping on my face and meowing at top levels.

"Get her lazy ass outta bed, it's almost noon!" I heard Janine bellow from outside my door. Someone knocked not even a minute later. Sighing loudly, I threw back the light blanket and staggered over to the door.

"Well hello Sleeping Beauty. Care to grace the world with your presence before Neen has a massive coronary?" Will mused, bowing at the waist.

I rolled my eyes and laughed. He had always been the comedian of the family, and it was something he relished when he knew it wouldn't cause getting the crap kicked out of him. This was the case with my older sisters... they knew his routine too well.

"But I was having such a good dream." I replied, jutting out my lower lip for an added effect, "Can't you hold her off for another... say, two hours?"

"Ha! I'd rather stick my head in an open lion's mouth." he leaned in, "She's really pissy... say anything remotely wrong, and she'll just go off."

"Yeah, I kinda figured that's what happened awhile ago. Oh alright, I'll make her happy. BUT...remember that just because I'm up does NOT mean I'm awake. Capisce?"

"Yes O Godfather." he scratched his chin in Brando fashion. I had to laugh, "My child, what do you wish of the world?"

"Um, for you to move your sorry ass?" I asked, sticking my tongue out as I passed by.

"Mornin' Han. There are pancakes and sausage in the oven for you. But make it kind of quick, we need to be at the church in less than two hours." Dad said from the living room couch. He was indulged in his daily routine of talk shows. You could hear him cursing at the guests throughout the entire house.

Grabbing the plate, I sat down with a large glass of milk and began to devour the fluffy pancakes. The smell of maple syrup just made the day all that more better.

"Hmm, I wish you could come back to 'Lanta with me, mom. School food doesn't come close to your cooking."

"Sucking up will get you nowhere, little sister." Will said as he came through the kitchen. He hugged mom from behind, "Believe me, I've been trying to get her to come and cook for me for years."

"William, you're old enough to learn to cook for yourself."

"Hmph. I can cook." he replied defensively.

"Mac and cheese with hot dogs is not cooking." I got up and rinsed my dishes before going back upstairs to beautify myself for the wedding. Will slapped my rear end as he came up behind me on the stairs. Ugh, men.

The dress was still in the plastic bag. A smaller bag hung around the hanger, containing the shoes of the same color. After I was out of the shower, all fresh and clean, I stood in front of the three-way mirror and bit my lip. What to do with the hair, I thought. It was long enough to sweep up in a french twist...problem being that I hadn't the first clue how to do it. I could also pin up the sides and then leave the rest. Decisions, decisions.

"Chop it all off is my vote." Aubrey said, sticking her head inside the door.

"Ha ha ha... very funny. Seriously, I don't know what to do with this mop."

She held up one finger, and disappeared. She returned moments later, a set of hot rollers in tow. Settling down on my bed, I waited as she worked her magic. A half hour later, she turned me back towards the mirror. My entire head was a massive curlball (is that a word? Oh well... it's my word). Ringlets hung down my back. I was in awe.

"Okay girlfriend, you rock like a beast." I said, slapping her a high-five.

"No problem. Now get dressed." she ordered, wagging her finger at me. I saluted and clicked my heels together.

~&~&~&~&~&~&~&~

"Yo man, you seen my tie?"

"And do I look like a wardrobe person extraordinaire?"

"Hey, anyone seen a pair of white socks?"

"Label 'em with your name, dude... like your underwear."

The room busted up with laughter as Chris' face became bright red. He opened his mouth to say something, but his mind must have faltered with a comeback, because he shrugged and sat down not long after.

"So Lance...you finally gonna talk to this mystery woman?" JC asked.

"Yeah, if I don't freeze up, that is." I replied with a smirk.

"Hey, think there's gonna be karaoke at this shindig?" Chris interjected, the diss obviously forgotten.

"If I have anything to say about it... uh, no." Justin said defiantly.

Chris shot up, his eyebrows furrowed, "I'm damn good at karaoke. You're just pissed cause I beat you at CityWalk last week, Curly."

"You are so full of shit, man... I can beat your butt any day, anytime."

Why did it always become a competition with these two? Before it got any uglier, I felt as host to change the subject.

"Hey look, it's Britney on TV!"

Needless to say, this shut Justin up instantly. Now the rest of us could finish getting ready. While I was in front of the bathroom mirror, adjusting my tie, I mentally went over the speech I had been preparing since the night before.

"And now...Deep Thoughts by James Lance Bass."

I looked over and saw JC smiling. Chuckling, I shook my head and gazed into the mirror.

"Think she'll remember me?"

"I don't know." he replied honestly, "But if you do your Barry White impression, I'm sure she'd go anywhere with you."

Laughing, I cleared my throat, "Hey baby...what's your sign?"

JC nodded and slapped my shoulder, "Go in for the kill, bro."

----
The reception was at the local country club. Real fancy place... I had a job as a caddy there one summer.

"We look like penguins at the zoo." Chris whispered as we made our way through the foyer.

"Yeah I know, I feel like we're at some whack awards show or something." Joey said. He stuck a finger into the collar of his shirt and loosened it a bit.

I was looking for Hannah. The room was already crowded with people. I saw Alex up at the head table. He waved when he saw me. There was a DJ set up in the corner...and with, much to our dismay, a jukebox/karaoke machine right next to it. Chris pumped his fists in the air, then started to rattle off a list of songs he wanted to do.

"Hey man, there she is." JC said.

He pointed towards the front of the room, and sure enough, she was just about to sit down. She looked beautiful in the dark purple bridesmaid's dress, her hair all in curls. Almost like an angel.

"Okay... this is it."

I can do this. So, with a sudden boost of confidence, I walked away from the guys, and became lost in the masses. Weaving between bodies, I finally made my way to the head table. Hannah was sipping a glass of water. She didn't even notice as I came up to her side.

"Uh, hi Hannah." I said, my voice shaking.

It was surreal. Our eyes locked, and a smile came beaming across her face. She set down the glass and stood up.

"Hi. It's Lance, right?"

Well at least she knew my name.

"Yep. W-we went to high school together."

"Ohmygosh, I KNEW I'd seen you before!" she exclaimed, lightly smacking the side of her head. I laughed. The ice was broken.

"So, would you like to dance?"

"I thought you'd never ask."

I took her hand as she gathered the bottom of her dress, and we went out onto the dance floor.

"ALRIGHT GO SCOOP!" I heard Chris yell, which was followed by a 'woo-hoo!'. Hannah looked over to the table where the guys were sitting, then back at me, a quizzical look on her face.

"Are they friends of yours?"

"Uh yeah, he's with me." I said with a shrug. Note to self... next time, bring a roll of duct tape.
------


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki