Secrets & Lies by fauxami


Number of reviews: 1
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


CHAPTER 4


1894


You did not spoke about that close encounter until several years later. Justin had been studying overseas for over 3 years. You still kept in touch trough letters. In his last letter, he commented about his meeting with Lady Gossamer of Birgmingham, the daughter of the American ambassador in England.



April 19, 1894

James ‘Lance’,

I wish you could be here and see the wonders I have seen in these couple of months. One of them, an angelical nymph by the name of Lady Julia Gossamer of Birghmingham has captured my heart.

Until we meet again, dearest friend.

Sincerely,
Justin Randall Timberlake


You crumple the paper with your bare hands and quickly toss it away. Why did he went away and felt in love with that nymph.


Oh no, you are not getting jealous over this. Are you?


2 weeks later, Justin would host a party celebrating his return from England. He has sent you an invitation for both you and your family to attend to, which you cordially accept. Beside, it has been quite a few years since you last seen him.


It was just before you entered into society, everything that a Victorian gentlemen is expected to be. You accompany your mother to parties, ball and social visits.


Tonight, would be no different.


The familiar faces of the high class society greet you. You escort your mother trough the big mansion and she looks beautiful, like she always has. A lady in all her glory.


You take your eyes off her to glance at the ballroom, and that is when you notice Justin. The once young boy you knew had grown into a man. He had grown a light beard and his once curls that adorned his face are gone, substituted by a much shorter hair.


“Justin, we need to talk” you say to him. He nods and follows you into the next room.


“Alright, what is it?” Justin asks, taking a seat by the fireplace. You take a deep breath, before asking the hurtful question


“Are you engaged to Lady Gossamer? Yes or no.” he demands.


“Is this an interrogation?” Justin inquires, sensing a slight of sarcasm. Just answer the damned question.


“Just answer the damn question!” you ask again in frustration before realizing you sounded rude.


“Yes. I’m marrying Julia. In fact I was about to announce our engagement” Justin replies, obviously confused.


“Do you love her?”


“What kind of question is that? Of course I love her. Very much so” At this time, Justin has left the chair and his voice is now angry.


“James, what has gotten into you,” Justin begins, pacing around the room. “Why these type of questions?” he adds.


“I’m sorry. It’s just that I never thought you would love a woman yet alone marry her,’


“Well now you know,”


“What about us?”


“Us. We’ll continue to be friends, of course.”


“No. I don’t see you as my friend anymore”


“Oh. James, you well know that we can’t be together,”


“Yes, we can. No one else has to know.”


“No, you well know that we cannot. It is a crime to be seen in public, we could be punished with death...”


“Forget that this ever happened, James,”


“I cannot! Is who I am!”


“You don not know what it feels like to have this secret deep inside of you and not being able to be open about it. I know if I tell my mother about it, it will upset her, but she won’t disown me, could she?”


You are in the verge of tears but you will not let Justin see you like that, all weak and hopeless.


“James, I care for you. I really do. Please don’t do anything you will regret later,” he says to you, sounding sincere. Finally, he swallows, taking his eyes off you.



“Is this the end, then,” you take another deep breath, your heart is beating rapidly, you think it will burst trough your ribcage any minute now.


“Yes, it is”


“I have to go. The guests are waiting.” he whispers. You do a slight nod.


Saying that, Justin heads out, glancing at you one more time and closing the door completely. You plunge yourself on the nearest chair, hands on your head.


Your whole life has collapsed. If only you had known, it would end like this. Oh, you fool. You knew but you did not care. Nothing matters when you love someone.


END OF CHAPTER 4.


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki