This is the diary of Justin Timberlake by helena


Number of reviews: 110
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


You know what? You never stop learning, and I never stop being interested in things, even if it just makes me more confused sometimes. Like I went to this museum and they had an actual human skull, which creeped my mom out majorly but I thought was really cool. When I got home I took a stool and sat in front of a mirror for about thirty minutes and tugged at my skin, trying to imagine what I'd look like without it. And if I press my fingers in the right places I can feel the edges of the holes. Like if you push your nostrils a little further in then you can feel the hole where your nose goes.

But then I start to ask questions. It's really weird when you think about your nose, because it's not joined to the skull, but it feels like there’s bone there. How can you break your nose if it isn't a bone? Isn't it cartilage? And then wouldn't it be a ripped cartilage instead? I asked mom and dad and they said it was an interesting point but they didn't know either, it was just 'one of those things' that you can't explain. But how did it happen in the first place? And why don't they change it?

My problem is I question things too much, I know a lot but I don't understand it. Some things I can't get my head around, and that makes me feel stupid. It seems to make people think I'm stupid too, but I just look at the world in a different way you know?

Also, you know those bottles of water which are really small? Well they all say ''Bottled at source'' on the label. When I asked Mary from Work whether people lined up against the spring and bottled it then put the cap on she said ''Bless you Justin, you're too cute sometimes'' and walked off with a sideways smile. When I asked mom she said they collected the water at the source then bottled it in a factory. But then I start questioning again: why don't they say ''Collected at source'' on the label instead? Because people can get big lawsuits for false advertising and that’s what it is, because they aren't bottled at the source, they're collected. Then dad said that’s because people would think the water was collected and then had chemicals put in them and not buy it. But then I said that then it wouldn't be water, it would be chemical water and another big lawsuit would come along if they didn't say it. So why do they do it?

I wonder why no one ever has answers to my questions. Mom says it’s because very few people think the way I do and about the things I do, but then how do they think? And who is right and who is wrong? Or is neither of us wrong? Or neither of us right? But then how can that be, because it's two completely different ways of thinking so one has to be at least a little more correct than the other. I think I'm correct and everyone else is wrong but mom says that’s presumptuous, and I'm thinking too much in black and white again.

That's what I do wrong half the time, I think in black and white. I do try to get my head round a lot of complex subjects and can talk about it but I don't understand them all the time. Let me give an example: I think stealing is bad most of the time. Mom said is it right or wrong for a starving man to steal bread to feed his family? And I said it was wrong because stealing is wrong, but she wanted to know how they would eat. I said it was all his fault because he should get a job, and mom said that I was being presumptuous again. But what if the man is stealing from a shop which is on the edge of financial ruin? And what if he is starving? He could just buy a big bag of chips for his family and then later they could eat what is in the fridge. However if he is stealing bread from a shop which is to blame from commercial imperialism and he is the sacked baker of a bakers that had to close down because of the shop, then its okay. Or if the owner of the shop kidnapped his daughter and it’s all part of an international scam where the only solution is to steal that loaf of bread rather than purchase it then yes, that is okay. There is no particular answer to anything ever; I have to know the whole situation to make a proper decision.

I know I think differently to everyone else, but I don't think it’s necessarily a bad thing, it adds colour to the canvas of life does it not?


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki