All at sea by helena


Number of reviews: 4
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


I come back on my own a few days later, and find this time I'm not by myself, they have another customer. Is it wrong that I'm slightly pissed? Or maybe I just wanted to be special, I dunno. Anyway, I place myself in the same seat in the same place.

''How can I help you today Mr Timberlake?''

''What sort of savoury food do you have?''

''Well we make sandwiches, and half baguettes with fillings''

''Sure, do you have anything with tuna in it?''

''A tuna fill baguette? Would that suit you sir?''

''Yes it would indeed. And a glass of water please''

And the waitress goes off with my order.

It seems we lose the game,
Before we even start to play
Who made these rules? We're so confused
Easily led astray


I look at the other guy, sat by the window. He ain't actually eating, he seems to be muttering to himself, the weirdo. He has a ragged beard and thin but long whispy hair, kinda looks like a homeless guy.

Then I stare out the window, it's kinda beautiful out there. This part of Memphis ain't somewhere I'm very well aquainted with because I always placed it lower than where I'm from but I can't deny that the way the Autumn sun highlights the most colourful and beautiful leaves as they fall to the ground has some effect on me. I just wish I had someone to share it with. As I'm staring out I hear footsteps approaching and hear my plate almost being thrown at my place. I look up and see the waitress with a pissed off expression. PMS'ing I guess, I let it pass.

Sometimes it seems
We'll touch that dream
But things come slow or not at all
And the ones on top, won't make it stop
So convinced that they might fall


I settle into my sandwich and reflect on the days events. I ain't as stressed as I was before, this place has a way of me realising the beauty of things around me. When I finish my lunch the moody waitress comes back and whisks the plate away, then comes back with a cloth and wipes the table. Huh?

''Is there a problem?''

''Yeah, you.'' Dude, seriously, whats her problem?

''Have we ever even met before?''

Then she shoots a look into my eyes. And it hits me, I could never forget those silver eyes.

Everything is everything
What is meant to be, will be
After winter, must come spring
Change, it comes eventually


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki