Tonight by Mere


Number of reviews: 2
Print: Printer

- Text Size +


California...

She was his...everything.

It just hit him.

like...that...

She was his air, his heart, his life. He always thought music was all that stuff for him, and it was...but now, she was in the picture too.

After 7 months it dawned on him.

She was his...everything.

The way she would laugh at the simplest things, make random comments in the middle of silence, pick on him, pick with him, talk to him.

He loved how they could go from a conversation about how life's negatives and positives evened out in the end, to the many uses of duct tape, to the joy of tic tacs.

He loved how they could go from a playful, childish tickle war to making passionate, blissful love...and then back again.

He loved...everything about her. Every thing that was beautiful and perfect and wonderful, to even those not so perfect parts.

And even though he had thought it, felt it and declare it, it just seemed to dawn on him...

He was in love...with her, his everything.

"Jace...ok, are they replaying that Janet thing on HBO?...yeah they must be."

He snapped his gaze away from where he was staring at the bluish carpet of his dressing room like it was heaven. "What?"

"You haven't said anything in the pass 5 minutes."

"Oh, sorry."

"You ok, babe?"

He sighed, closed his eyes, and relished in the sound of her voice. "P-perfect."

"Sure?"

He grinned, eyes still closed. "Positive Kissytina."

"EH! Don't start Chasez."

"Start what?"

"I told you, you couldn't call me that except on special occasions."

He rested his back on the couch, totally relaxing there, happy as a clam. "And this isn't a special occasion?"

"Hey, I gotta go. Mere's here with the pizza."

"Oh ok." He lifted his hand to his face and looked at the time on his watch. "Yeah, I guess I should probably start getting ready for the show."

"Yeah."

"You two stay out of trouble or I'll have to come out there and keep you two in line."

He could hear her giggling and had to resist the urge of shouting into the phone how much he wanted her with him that very moment. "Is that a promise?"

"You know it."

"Ok, bye Josh."

"Bye Chris..." Before they both hung up he called out. "Hey hold on.."

"What?"

He smiled and whispered. "I love you." Then cut the phone off before he could hear her say it back.

He laid there for 5 minutes, smiling, happier than he ever had been, then got up like a bullet, with energy he had never experienced before.

Better than any adrenaline a concert had given him.

...she was his life...his everything.

------

That night...

He shot up. Sitting straight up in bed, panting, sweating and not knowing why.

Without warning he had thrown the covers off him, flicked on the light, jumped into clothes, grabbed his cell phone, a jacket and his wallet.

And then without a word, he left his hotel room, walked down the hall dialing numbers vigorously on his cellphone as he went, and finally reaching the elevators and pressing the down button...smiling...

----

2 hours later

"What do you MEAN you are booked!?" He shouted.

The smaller, older woman seemed to shrink under him. "I'm sorry sir but there are just no seats, not on this flight."

"UGH!!!"

After calling a cab, standing outside their hotel in the rain and then paying the cabby extra to speed to the air port, Joshua Chasez was standing there in front of the Continental Airline desk, dripping wet, without security, and angry...at the world.

The lady behind the desk sighed and gave her most sympathetic look. "If we get an opening I can try and fit you in but I really don't think that's going to happen."

"Just do what you can...this..." He seemed to have lost his breath. His heart was racing and he started to feel dizzy. "...this is an emergency."

The lady smiled. "I'll see what I can do."

-----

Florida...

And there it was.

Her house.

It was quite small, but she lived by herself and it was perfect...for just her.

It wasn't raining here. It was hot...his jacket seemed to weigh him down as he stood there on the curb, staring up at her dark house.

It was almost 5 in the morning.

He took a step forward, and then another, and then another and before he knew it he was standing right in front of her front door, finger hovering over her doorbell, wondering if he was insane, wondering why...

...shit...

He had pressed the button. He didn't mean to, his hand had just gotten a life of his own.

He turned around and walked down the front steps.

Then he turned back around, walked back up the steps and pressed the doorbell...twice.

...what the hell are you doin....

He heard...something. It sounded like a latch, sounded like someone unlocking a door.

The door cracked.

And then he sighed. There was...his life.

The door swung open and he tried his best not to cry for joy.

"What the hell is this?!" Her dark hair was messed up. She was wearing an old long sleeve shirt and boxers.

His boxers.

Her eyes were squinted and her face had a line on it, and impression of her pillow or something.

"Hey..." He smiled innocently.

"What are you DOING here?"

And it occurred to him, he didn't know.

He bit his lip, blushed. "I...I don't really know."

"It's 5 in the morning Josh! You're...you're supposed to be in...IN LA!!!"

His head was bowed, eyes staring at her bare feet through the screen door that separated them. "I just...I had to see you..." He scratched the back of his neck, held it in his hand, and then looked up at her, his blue eyes piercing through the screen door and looking directly into hers.

"...tonight."


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki