I Miss You by Mere


Number of reviews: 3
Print: Printer

- Text Size +


Mary Anne rested her head on the leather head rest in the back of a black limo. Her eyes closed tiredly and a small sigh escaped her lips.

How he could change her plans and schedule in a matter 3 words baffled her.

He had called, like he did almost every other day. But the morning before had been different.

"I miss you" He had said. The tone of voice he used was unbareable. The crack in his well-known voice. The sniff of his nose. Then he had whispered, "Please..."

Her eyes opened to peer out the tinted window of the limo. When she woke up the morning before she didnt expect getting a wake up call from him begging her to come see him.

It happened about once a month when they were apart. And every time, she gave in and flew out as quick as she could to see him.

And everytime they did the same rutine.

She would be picked up at the airport in a black limo, well, once it had been white, but who cares? They would drive about 20 minutes to an hour to a huge parking lot. They would park inbetween buses and limos. She would hop out and walk to the guard holding a clipboard. Usually she knew the guard already and would give them a hug and continue on. But in the case it was someone she didnt know she would give him her name and show him her drivers license. They would mark her off and she would be allowed to proceed. She knew her way aorund these places pretty good, usually. But in the event she didnt she would grab Lonnie or Todd and get them to show her where he was.

More than half the time she had arrived they were in sound check. It was a weird conincidence but she just always arrived them. Once or twice they were in meet n greets and one and only time she had came when they were throwing a football around in the parking lot. That had been the first time she had ever visited him.

So she would go and find him and he would run up to her and hug her like there was no tomorrow. Then he would study her face as she smiled at him and he would, without warning kiss her amazingly. They would spend the next 10 to 30 minutes talking and cuddling. Then he would have to go.

Go see fans, go get dressed, go...go...go.

And he would send her on her way. With a kiss on the cheek and a "see ya after the show babe." She would walk back out of the building smiling and waving to the many people she knew and recognized. Sometimes, stopping to talk to them. She would continue on back to her limo and get in. The driver would already know where to take her. A hotel.

She would go and settle in HIS room. Giggling at the boxers and undershirts scattered on the floor amung a few other clothes. The boy could be a little sloppy. If she had enough time she might would go and look around the shops in the area they were if the city was big enough. If not she would gorge herself in the free room service and pay per view movies and tidy up his room.

She would get tired and slip into her pajamas and get into bed. And as if on cue, RIGHT when she was slipping into dreamland, he would open the door and close it quietly. She would smile as she heard him move around the room. Most of the time he would take a shower before even speaking to her. He knew she wasnt asleep, but pretended that she was, she figured. He would emerge from the shower usually in boxers and an undershirt. Depending on where they were. If it was Southern California he would just come out in boxers, if it was up-state new york in the fall or winter, he would come out in a white t-shirt and flannel pants.

And he would silently slip into the bed. She would be resting on her side and he would rest in her same position behind her. And those beautiful, well sculpted arms would encircle her and draw her close and she would breath deeply and murmur, "You smell good." He would giggle and breath on her kneck, "I hope so, I DID just take a shower." She would sigh and he would hold her tighter, before kissing her shoulder softly. "I'm glad you're here." and she would mutter, "Me too."

And they would fall asleep.

The next morning she would wake up and he wouldnt be there. A note would be placed on the nightstand saying he loved her and thanked her and would call her the next day. She never did figure out how she stayed asleep while he packed his things and left in the mornings. Sure, she liked to sleep in. But she just wished one time she would wake up and get to say goodbye.

Maybe it was just that. Maybe he was afriad to say goodbye, so he never woke her.

She would take her almost untouched duffel bag, sling it over her shoulder and leave. A limo would be waiting to take her back to the airport, and depending on her time of flight she might go shop or to a small cafe before her flight. It just depeneded.

But this time, THIS time he had done ONE thing he had never done before.

He choked. "I miss you."

She sighed in a whimper and closed her eyes, knowing where this led to. "You want me to come?"

"Please..."

"I'll call and make flight reservations. Chicago, right?"

"Yeah." He sniffed.

"Ok, let me call and get a ticket, I guess I'll see you tomorrow."

"Hey, Mary Anne?" She knew something was up. He NEVER called her by her real name. Always, baby, or sweetie, or "love". She loved that pet name. Love. It just rolled off his tongue and he said it with such passion and sincerity it made her body tingle.

"What Justin?" She never had a nickname for him. Once in a while she would call him J or baby. But she hated calling him JuJu or Justy. He hated it as well.

"Make it a one way ticket."

She was stunded. How was she to repsond? "O-ok."

"Great. I'll see you tomorrow. I love you." And he hung up.

She watched out the window as they approached the colisiuem. Passing through the gate she bit her lip nervously. She didnt know what this trip would mean for them. Why did he want her to make it a one-way ticket?

Maybe he was getting fed up of only holding her for one night before they went back to the real world. Just like she was fed up.

The limo came to a halt and she opened the door. She walked up to the gaurd.

"Hey, Dre."

"Girlie, whats up!" He embraced her. He put an arm around her as he scanned the clipboard and marked off her name.

"Not much. Coming to my master when I am summonded." Dre chuckled.

"Well, he's waiting for you in the toy room."

"what?" She pulled away from him. Huh? He never waited.

"He's waiting for you, toy room. When you come to the first hallway, take a right and it's your first door on your left."

She blinked rapidly. "He's waiting for me?"

"Yeah. He has been for a while now."

She looked around, ok so THIS wasnt rutine. Somethign was up.

She timidly walked into the building. Contining on until she reached the first hallway. Turning right she could already hear his laughter. Then Chris's, then Lance's. She smiled. What a beautiful sound.

She took 3 steps and was at the door. It was halfway open. She peeked in and saw Justin sitting on a counter that had flowers and teddy bears lined on it. Chris was laying back on a couch, his head in his girlfriend Danielle's lap. He was tossing a small Fooze football up in the air and catching it. Lance was sitting at a table on the other side of the room with his legs in the chair beside him. He was playing solitare.

She sighed. She realized then, how much SHE had missed HIM. Chris made some comment on Justin's hair and he picked up a stuffed animal and threw it at him. It hit Danielle instead and she fiercly picked it up and hurled it back at him, barely missing him, as he ducked. They all laughed.

Two hands covered her eyes. And she smiled, she knew that scent of cologne. "Hey, Joey."

He took his hands off her eyes and she turned around. "Hey, Mary A. How's it going?" He hugged her and smiled.

"Pretty good, you?"

"Great. Go on, Justin wants to see you." He nodded to the door and she looked through the half open door to see him hitting the counter with his fist and laughing hard. Lance had an annoyed looked on his face and Chris was cracking up and Dani was trying hard not to laugh.

She just stood there, amazed at his laugh. So...wonderful.

Joey rolled his eyes and pushed the door open and pushed her inside. "Look who I found, guys."

"Hi." She said meekly staring at Justin. He stared at her back.

Just stared. She couldn't read that expression. Not happy, not sad. Just stared at her.

He looked down at the floor, swinging his legs and then hopped off the counter. He lookd up at her and smiled warmly. She returned the smile.

"Hey Love."

She sighed. "Hey."

"Well are you going to just stand there or do i have to go over there and get you?"

"You have to come get me." She giggled as he groaned and stomped over to her. He didnt hug her first like rutine. But then agian this wasnt a rutine meeting. His hands came up to her face and cupped her cheeks. "I missed you..." He whispered. He brought his face down and barely kissed her. "...and I love you."

"1, 2, 3,...AWWWWW!" 3 male voices rang out.

"Guys, be nice." Dani repremanded them.

Mary Anne looked towards them and smiled at their comments. Justin ignored them and took his finger and turned her face so it was back facing his. "Come with me, we need to talk." He whispered before taking her hand and leading her out the door.

She didnt know where they were going, and really didnt care. He was acting different. More.....she didnt know how to explain it.

He found an empty room and pulled her inside. "Sit down." He said. The room looked like a meeting room with a long table and chairs around it, thats it.

She pulled out a chair and sat down. He took her chair and lifted it turned her around to face him. She giggled in shock.

Then knelt down on his knee. Her eyes widened. What was he doing? They were 19. This was too soon. This couldnt be happening. Was he crazy?

He must have sensed her worry. "Dont worry. I'm not proposing."

She sighed and breathed. "thank God."

"Well, thanks." He said sarcasitically.

"No, its just, we're 19."

He smiled understandably. "Yeah I know. ANYWAYS, I know you must think I'm insane..." She nodded and he looked at her bored. "...I have to ask you something."

"Well what is it? You have already scared me by the whole one-way ticket thing and I dont know WHY almost everyone I've seen so far has said "Justin's waiting for you" and then your are kneeling in front of me. So, ask away, I'm bout ready for ANYTHING." She exaggerated. IT was a habit of hers that got her in trouble. But he loved it.

"Stay."

"What?"

"Stay with me."

"Huh?"

"STAY WITH ME!"

"STAY WITH YOU WHERE?"

"On tour. Stay. Dont go back."

Her eyes turned the size of baseballs. "Justin? Are you NUTS? I have a job, and my family."

"They already know. Well, your boss doesnt, but Johnny has offered to give you a job on tour."

"Justin you cant just do this. I have a life back in Orlando. I have...I have..."

"You have what?" His knees must have gotten tired because he sat down and stretched his legs out infront of him, resting his shoes on the legs of her chair.

"I have...I dont know."

"See, you have a job you HATE. A family that's in Tennesse NOT in Florida and what else? Your best friend lives in North Carolina. The only thing that keeps you in Orlando is me. And I'm not there half the time."

"That's a very egotisitcal thing to say."

"Maybe. But its true. Isn't it?"

"Justin..."

"Danielle will be here because all the Fuman stuff with Chris is taking off and they have a lot of work to do. Chris has arranged for her to be on tour with us. You wont be the only girl. And you and Katherine are good friends."

"Which Katherine? Hair dresser or Personal Relations assistant. Becuase PR Katherine is a...."

"I'm talking about hair dresser Katherine. By the way, PR Katherine was fired 2 weeks ago. I've been meaning to tell you." He grinned playfully.

"REALLY?" She exclaimed. She didnt like that Katherine. She had threatened Mary Anne when news about her and Justin broke through the tabloids.

"Yeah. Please baby. I need you with me." He said sincerly.

"What's the job?"

"Whatever we need you to do. Set up chairs for meet n greets. Show around contest winners and miracle network kids. You'd get to be around fans and I know how much you love that."

She did love talking to the fans. "Yeah..."

"So..."

"I...I dont know what to say."

"Ok, then I'll answer for you. YES." He smiled boysihly.

She shook her head. "Justin, its not that easy. I need to think about this. This will be a major change for me."

"I know baby, but just..." He sighed and looked away. "I know, every reason I have for you doing this is selfish. But, I, I'm starting to think that I miss you too much. Even the guys are noticing it. I'm not doing well without you."

"What do you mean?" She leaned forward and cupped his face to make him look at her.

"When you're not around I just get depressed and cant function. At first I thought it was just everythign hitting me at once. You know? I cant even udnerstand how big we've gotten in a matter of 4 months, but its not that. It's you. I- I need you. It's as simple as that. I. Need. You."

Her hands dropped. "I'm going to have to think about this. You know you are hitting me wiht a lot."

"I know sweetie, I know." She reached down to him on the floor and sat down in his lap. She hugged him tightly and he leaned his head on her shoudler. "We have sound check in 15 minutes." "And the rutine is BACK!" They both laughed. "Why dont you stay and watch the show tongiht?" He pulled away and asked.

"Nah, I'm going to go back to the hotel and think. I need to think. Lots of thinking."

"Ok, but dont give yourself a headache, ok babe?" He kissed her forhead.

"I wont." She stood up and pulled him up with her. He wrapped his arms aorund her from behind and they stayed like that as they sauntered out of the room.

JC ran by, "Come on, Justin. Time for Sound Check." He ran past and stopped then turned aroudn. "HEY MARY!!"

She let go of Jusitn and hugged JC. "Hey, cutie. Sup?"

"Not much. But Justin we are late."

"It doesnt start til 2:30."

"BRNN wrong. 2:00. Didnt you get the schedule change?"

"Oh. yeah." Justin chuckled at his absent mindedness. JC ran on. "Later girl."

Justin sighed. "Well, I guess I'll see you tonight."

"Ok. Bye Justin."

"Bye Love." She trembled. He leaned down and kissed her, slipping his tongue into her mouth and making her relax. He pulled away slowly and she whispered. "I love you." He pressed his lips to hers once more. "I love you too."

He pulled away and jogged backwards, winking at her, before he turned around and jogged towards the stage area.

"What am I going to do now?" She whispered.

---------

It was 7 o'clock.

She paced the room.

She pulled at her hair.

The answer could be so simple. Yes.

Or no.

If she said yes she and Justin would be together much more, which wasnt a problem for her. But would they be able to handle it? Every time he came back home from tour they were so wrapped up in each other and happy to be together that they never got out of the lovey-dovey stage. And if it stared to fade he would be swept up on tour and the cycle would start agian.

But if she said no.

Diaster.

She knew he would be mad, upset, betrayed. Several times before she had spoken that if she got the chance she would go on tour with in a heartbeat. But now the offer was at her feet. And she just didnt know if she had the strength to pick it up.

She had gotten to the hotel around 3:30 after staying and talking to Dani a bit while the guys were sound checking. She settled in and cleaned up Justin's mess. At 4:15 she took a walk outside. There was a nice park a block away and enjoyed being out in nature. Well, Chicago wasnt really a safari, but the walk in the park had been refreshing anyhow.

When she came back it was almost 6. She ordered pizza instead of room service. Surprised at herself when she ate the whole thing.

Then the butterflies and nerves hit her. She began feeling qweuzy like she always did when she was nervous about something. She had ran to the bathroom about 5 times thinking she would throw up, but never did.

Now it was 7.

She had a little over 4 hours until he would be back. Expecting an answer.

She need help.

She flopped back on the bed and picked up the phone. "Yes, I'd like to make a collect call...North Carolina...Winston-Salem...." She waited until told to do so and dialed the number. For her best friend.

"Hello?" A male answered.

"You have a AT&T collect call from:" The operator said.

she spoke her name. "Mary Anne Thompson"

"Do you accept the charges."

"Yes." Lee giggled.

"Hey, Lee."

"Collect? Geez Mary." HE exagerated.

"Oh shut up, is Jen there?"

"Yeah, let me get her. Good talking to ya."

"Bye Lee." After a few moments her voice came over the line.

"Hello?"

"I know its collect, but I'll pay for the charges. You might want to sit down."

"What is it Mary Anne?"

She let out a breath. "Jenn, he asked me to go on tour with him."

"Are you SERIOUS?"

"As serious as a heart attack."

"Where are you right now?"

"Chicago."

"Wow. Well, spill it, what did he do?"

"Well, he call me up yesterday mornign with the usual rutine of 'I miss you' but this time when I told him I would be there he told me to make the ticket one way. I didnt know WHAT to think. So I got here and he pulled me aside and asked me. You should have seen it. He sat me down and knelt on his knees I thought he was about to propose."

"Hehe, I could see him doing that."

"Anyways, so he just asked me and I was blown away. So many times I've dreamed of this, but now its here in my hands and I dont know if its the best solution."

Jen paused, thinking. "What do YOU want Mary?"

"I want him. But, either way, if I say yes or no, its going to change things between us."

"True."

"What do you think?"

"Nuh uh, you cant drag me into this." She chuckled knowingly.

Mary Anne scoffed. "JENN! I need your help! What would you do if it was Lee?"

"Lee's not an international superstar."

"That's not the point. Put yourself in my shoes."

"What does you heart tell you?"

"I dont know! I'm so confused right now."

"You know you love him."

"More than anything."

"Well then the question is..." She paused for a effect.

MAry Anne could almost see her evil smile on the other end. "Tell me, gosh I hate it when you drag things out."

"Whoa, this IS getting to you. The question is how MUCH do you love him?"

"What's THAT supposed to mean?"

"It means, what are you willing to give up for him? Are you willing to give up stability and a house that doesnt have wheels and a job for him?"

"He said he is giving me a job if I go on tour. Random little jobs. I dont know, but still. Sorry, go on..." She was rambling. Nervous habit.

"Mary Anne. I know you. And I remember 2 years ago when you called me up screaming. Do you remember that?"

"Yeah." Mary Anne sigh whistfully.

"Do you remember telling me that you met the man of your dreams? You met the man you knew you were going to marry. You said you would do ANYTHING for him."

"Yeah I remember."

"That was the first day you met him. You were 17. I thought you were the biggest idiot I knew."

"HEY!" That was hurtful.

"It's true. Calling me up, talking about some perioxide boyband memember! I rememebr telling Lee the sun had gotten to you. TOO much sun from Florida. Lee actually stood up for you and said that he thought it was sweet you finally found someone."

"Well, remind me to give Lee a thank you card. I know who my real friends are." She pretended to be mad.

Jenn ignored her comment. "Do you rememeber 5 months later?"

"No, what?"

"5 months later you called me up and told me you were in love. You spent 3 hours talking about every LITTLE detail of the day you had spent with Justin and how at the end of it he had told you he loved you."

"Oh, yeah. That was a rather swell day." She smiled brightly at the memory.

"Remember these things Mary Anne. One day you might not have them."

"What do you mean, Jenn? Dont scare me." She hated when Jenn got realistic and brought her down from Cloud 9.

"Listen, I'm not trying to. But I dont know what the future holds for you two. I'm not psyhic. But I can see that you love him more than anything else in this world. And him, well of the 3 times I've met Justin, he amazed me. You dont see an outsiders opinion Mary. You dont get to notice the way he stares at you like he is memorizing you. Or the way he will grin at you for no reason. And you dont know how he speaks of you when you arent around. You and Lee were outside the first time I met him, and I remember giving him my momma speech."

"Oh no." she groaned. The momma speech was what Jenn gave to all the dates MAry Anne had ever had. It had scared one guy away when she was 15.

"Now just listen, I told him not to hurt you and to be careful or I'd kill him."

THAT was embarrassing. "You didnt..."

"I did. I've done that 4 other times for guys youve dated and he was the first one that didnt even flinch. I'll never forget what he said when I was done."

"What?" She HAD to hear this.

"He told me you were his heart, his soul, and he couldnt live without you. He told me to tell you the same speech because you were probably more likely to hurt him than him hurt you."

No he didnt! "That little..."

"It's true."

Jenn was right, like always. "I know."

"That was last year sometime. And it was true. He HAD stronger feelings than you did at that time. I know now that you feel the exact same way. But then, he was scared, of losing you. He still is I bet."

"I would never..."

She interupted her, agian. "I know you would never hurt him. But I think he feels that he isnt the best boyfriend. Spending 4 months total out of a year wiht the woman you love? Thats not a very steady way of loving someone."

"But its worked so far."

"Back to the original question. Are YOU willing to give up your life right now for him?"

"Jen, he IS my life."

"Then there is your answer. Lee's looking bored and impatient so I need to go."

"No, I'm still confused." She was whining now.

"No you arent. You are just saying that to make this more complicated. IT's a Yes or No question Mary Anne. Yes you'll stay or no you wont. Do what your heart is SCREAMING at you to do."

"My heart is a little confused..."

"No, Mary Anne. You heart is the smartest and brightest thing you own. I have to go. Remember: You said it yourself Mary, He IS your life. Bye now."

The phone clicked off and she didnt know whether to call back or just be really mad at her best friend for hanging up like that. That's how Jen worked. Got her point across and didnt let anyone else put a word in. But she was 4 years older than Mary Anne and knew what she was talking about. Her and Lee had been dating since they were 18. They had met at Wake Forest University. He had proposed 2 months eariler.

So, yeah. Jenn knew what she was talking about.

And Mary Anne knew her answer. She sighed and looked at the clock. Somehow, 2 1/2 hours had past. She had less than 2 hours until she would give him her answer. She rolled off the bed and walked to the bathroom to take a shower to relax her tense muscles. She couldnt believe she was going to give him an answer. This was crazy.

-----

Mary Anne was almost asleep in the warm bed when she heard the door open and click shut. She opened her eyes as the bathroom light was turned on as a means of light. She heard shuffling around the room and then it was quiet. The bathroom door closed and she stretched when she heard the shower begin to run. She smiled lazily. She was very tired and could use the sleep but wanted to stay awake.

She laid there and listened as the shower ran and ran and finally shut off. A few minutes later the door opened and the smell of his clean body filled the room. As if on cue the covers of the bed were lifted and weight was placed on one side of the bed. Two strong arms wrapped around her waist and pulled her body towards his.

She breathed deeply, "You smell good."

He giggled. "I'd hope so, I DID just take a shower." He sighed and kissed her bare shoulder, or the part not covered by her tanktop strap.

"I'm glad your here."

"Me too." She smiled.

HE waited a while and spoke while yawning. "See I didnt break rutine too much."

He held her tighter when she didnt respond. After about a mintute she whispered. "Ok."

"Ok what?"

She paused. "Ok. Yes. Sure. Alright."

"Huh?"

She turned in his embrace and he was almost startled by it. She looked at him, her head resting on the pillow. "I'll stay."

As if he wasnt expecting that answer he studdered. "You-you will?"

"I love you, I need you, and I'm tired of missing you."

"Oh baby." He sighed and leaned in to kiss her. "I'm so glad you said that."

"Well, thank Jen. Without her I wouldnt be saying yes."

He grinned evily. "I told her in advance."

"You WHAT?"

"I called her right after you left the arena and told her to expect a call from you."

"You little prick." She pushed him away.

"But you are staying right? And you WANT to stay."

She reassured him by resting her hand on his cheek. "I want to be with you. And if that means living out of a bus and hotels then thats what it will be."

He turned his face and kiss her palm. "Thank you. Thank you. A million times thank you. I was ready to cut the tour short without you."

"You dont mean that." She rolled her eyes.

"Yes I do. Ask Chris. I told him, if you didnt say yes I might just go home and stay with you."

She looked at him and he had the most serious expression on his face."Really?"

"Yeah, but too late because you already agreed to stay with ME!" He giggled.

"I know. I know." She sighed and snuggled up to his chest. He wrapped his arms around her and relaxed into the bed.

"I love you, Mary Anne. I love you so much." He said to himself more than her.

"I love you too Justin. And I love the fact that I'll never have to say I miss you agian." He looked down at her and smiled before kissing her lips and falling asleep.

The next morning Justin woke Mary Anne up and they left the hotel together, got on the tour bus together, and started the rest of their lives together.

Never having to miss one another agian.


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki