Tough Little Boys by Sassy Spacey


Number of reviews: 5
Print: Printer

- Text Size +


Tough Little Boys

^ A Banner made by me :) 

Tough Little Boys
By: Traci W.


I never once, backed down from a punch.
I'd take it square on the chin.
Well I found out fast a bullys just that and you got to stand up to him.
So I didn't cry when I got a black eye as bad as it hurt I just grinned.
But when tough little boys grow up to be Dads
They turn into big babies again.


Josh sat down again with a sign in the waiting room of his small town hospital. He had been waiting for 3 hours for his wife to deliver their first born. He wasn’t aloud to be in the room, there had been some complications and he had to wait in the waiting room. He put his head in his hands, running his hands through his semi curly brown hair. He sighed yet again, trying to relax himself. He knew he had to be strong, for his growing family. He turned his head looking down the hall way at the empty walk way. The big double doors down the hall way were where his wife was giving birth to their child.

He remembered his tough child hood. He had grown up living with just his dad, who was never around and when he was he was drunk. He spent most of his time with his neighbor who watched after him, while his dad was working. His mother died when he was 5, from a car accident; some drunk driver, who shouldn’t have even had the keys to a car. Because his dad wasn’t around, there wasn’t a male influence. He had to learn all that the hard way, by being picked on and bullied. But he lived through it, and made it out alive and healthy. He knew he from then on, if he had a children he would be there for them, no matter what.

As he was thinking about these fights he had had with these bullies someone tapped his shoulder. He looked up, and saw the doctor holding a pink bundle in her arms. He looked at the bundle then at the doctor.
“Congratulations” the doctor replied “it’s a girl”
His breath caught in his throat, and he stood up, his eyes welling into tears that didn’t yet run down his cheeks. The Doctor smiled, and handed the girl to him. He held her close to her heart and looked down at her.
“I love you” he whispered to her kissing her head lightly.

Scared me to death when took your first steps,
Well I'd fall every time you fell down.
Your first day of school,
I cried like a fool, I followed your school bus to town.


Josh watched his almost 1 year old daughter sit up by herself. He smiled as he sat down next to her. She looked up at him, and smiled pulling her stuffed animal close to her. Josh grinned and bent down kissing her head that was full of soft blonde curls; that he knew would grow out when she got older.
“Come on baby, walk for daddy” he encouraged
She looked at him, kind of like she was thinking about it. Then she put her stuffed animal down, and got on all fours. Josh smiled, watching her he too getting on his all fours. She watched him, giggling and he smiled.
“Come on babes” he encouraged
She watched him, as he stood up crouching down beside her. She then walked to the coffee table, gripping her hands on the edge pulling her self up straight. Josh watched her smiling, and he stood in front of her holding his arms out. Marissa looked at him, her eyes brightening up. She curled her tongue in her mouth, and stood up straight slowly pushing her away from the coffee table. Josh grinned
“Come on Ris…” he said
She giggled, and slowly started to walk towards him. Josh nodded
“That’s right…” he said “Come on baby”
Marissa squealed and slowly made her way to him, falling into his arms laughing as he laughed holding her close.
“You did it baby” he said kissing her head “Trish!!” he yelled for his wife
The footsteps of his wife were heard as she walked into the hall way
“What’s going on?” she asked
“Watch” he said standing Marissa straight up “Walk to mommy baby”
Marissa looked from her daddy to her mom, and put her arms out making her way to Trisha. Trisha grinned watching her daughter make her way towards her. Marissa squealed making her way to Trisha, as she did Trisha scoped her up in her arms.
”That’s so good Mar!” she said hugging her close
Josh watched them, smiling his family coming together.


Josh sighed, thinking of that day his daughter learned how to walk. He looked out the window of the living room, and sighed sipping his coffee. Marissa was starting 1st grade today, and he wasn’t ready to let her go. He knew it wouldn’t be long before she was home again, but he was going to miss her. He would usually be gone now at work, but he took the day off to be there when she left and came home from school. She was in her room with her mom, getting ready for school right now. Josh sighed drinking his coffee. His day dream had brought tears to his eyes, the day she learned how to walk was one of the greatest moments he had with her. He heard footsteps and looked behind him, and saw Marissa coming down the stairs, her semi curled blond hair in pig tails, she had on a jean jumper and pink shirt underneath.
“Daddy!” she squealed running to him
Trisha followed behind her; she still was in her robe, rollers in her hair. Josh looked at Trisha and smiled, he loved her…he always would. He bent down and picked up Marissa as she flung into his arms.
“Hey Ris” he said “ready for school?”
She nodded excitingly “How do I look?” she asked smiling
He grinned “Beautiful” he said
She jumped off his lap, and ran into the kitchen to eat her pop tart and drink her juice before the bus came. Trisha watched her leave, and then looked at Josh. She could tell he was having a hard time with this, though it was natural she felt bad. She wrapped her arms around his neck from behind, and hugged him close. He sighed relaxing against her.
“You’ll be alright” she said kissing his cheek
He smiled at her. Then there was a beep of the bus, Trisha stood up straight.
“Mar! the bus” she said walking to the kitchen
Marissa came flying out of the kitchen, her back pack on her back. Trisha waited by the door. Marissa hugged and kissed her, then ran to Josh doing the same.
“Bye baby, see you when you get home” Josh said “have a good day”
“Bye daddy” she said kissing his cheek
She then took off out the door, heading to the bus. Josh watched from the window, he could feel the tears getting ready to fall. Trisha watched from the door, as Marissa climbed onto the bus. She looked over at Josh; she knew what he was going to do. He did, he got up and grabbed his keys. Trisha watched him, as he walked to her. She smiled and stood on her tippy toes kissing his lips lightly.
“Be careful” she said
He nodded; she smiled and wiped his eyes. He smiled, and squeezed her hand. He then walked out of the house to the car, and followed her bus to school. He couldn’t let go yet.

Well I didn't cry when ol Yeller died
at least not in front of my friends.
But when tough little boys grow up to be
Dads they turn into big babies again.


Josh got home about half hour later, his eyes were red, his cheeks puffy. He stepped into the quiet house, looking around.
“Trish” he called putting his eyes on the table
He walked into the living room and sighed sitting down on the couch. Trisha walked into the living room, she still had on her robe but her hair was out now, curly. She saw him sitting there on the couch, and she walked over. She made herself a spot on his lap, facing him. He looked at her, and she smiled wiping his eyes again.
“She get there ok?” she asked
He nodded, looking down. Trisha smiled, and looked at him
“She’ll be ok Josh” she said
“I know…it’s jus…” he started, but didn’t finish tears came and he started to cry.
Trisha sighed pulling him to her, wrapping her arms around him as he leaned his head against her chest and he bawled. Trisha comforted him, as best she could.

Well I'm a grown man and as strong as I am.
Well sometimes it's hard to believe,
One little girl with little blonde curls can totally terrify me.
If you were to ask my wife would just laugh ,
she'd say I know all about men,
how tough little boys grow up to be Dads
they turn into big babies again.


The Chasez’s closest friends sat around the living room, sipping their coffee as they talked that Friday night. Talking about their week, their kids and their life.

“So how did the first day go?” Lance asked
Josh looked at Trisha, and she kinda smiled and looked down at her cup of coffee
“It was good” Josh said quietly
Trisha tried to keep herself from laughing, as she drank her coffee.
“What?” replied Allyson looking at Trisha
“Nothing…” Trisha said
Allyson didn’t believe her, and she looked at Josh.
“Something happened…” she said
Josh sighed shaking his head. Trisha smiled, and put her hand on his leg.
“Someone had a difficult time” she said
Josh sighed, hiding his face.
“Awww…”Kelly replied, holding onto her husband Joeys hand “Jo did too”
Josh looked at him “No way…” he said
Joey kinda shrugged and nodded.
“You guys are saps” Justin replied
“Oh jus wait until Sarah starts school…you’ll see” Josh replied
Trisha laughed “Men are worse then us…” she said to Allyson
Allyson nodded “They turn into babies when they have kids”
Everyone laughed.

Well I know one day I'll give you away
and I'm goin to stand there and smile.
When I get home and I'm all alone,
I'll sit in your room for awhile.
Cause when tough little boys grow up to be
Dads they turn into big babies again


Josh splashed water on his face. He looked at himself in the mirror and sighed. He was getting old, he laughed at the thought. His only daughter, his first born was getting married today. She was marrying the man of her dreams, but he was scared. His baby girl was leaving him. There was a knock on the door, and he kinda jumped.

“Daddy” came the sound of his daughter’s voice
“Yea…” he said turning and opening the door
He saw his daughter standing there, in her wedding gown. His eyes were starting to get teary again. Marissa looked at him, knowing he was crying.
“You ok?” she asked him
He smiled “Of course…” he said
“It’s time…” she said smiling
He smiled and pulled her into a hug “OK” he said
She broke the hug, and took his hand. They walked to the doors that lead into the church. The wedding march started and Josh walked his daughter down the aisle.

He watched her stand next to her new husband, as they recited their vows to one another, and his eyes began to fill with tears again. Trisha reached over and grabbed his hand holding it in hers. He semi smiled, and watched as his daughter took the next step in life.

Hours later he sat down in her old room. He walked in as he got home, and sighed. The day was done and it was long. Josh sat down on her old bed, and brought her first stuffed animal to his chest. He looked around her room, and sighed. His parenting days were over; Marissa was the only child they had. He felt tears prickle down his cheek and he sighed. There was a small knock on the door, and Josh turned looking at the door way. Trisha was there holding two glasses of wine. He smiled, and she took that as a sign to come in. She did so, and handed him a glass. He took it with a smile, and took a sip still holding onto the stuffed animal. Trisha watched him and smiled, as she took a sip of her wine. She sat down beside him, putting her glass down on her night stand; Josh did the same and then laid his head on her shoulder, Trisha felt the hot tears hit her shirt and soak in, wetting her skin. She smiled closing her eyes, as she held him close. Allyson was right, they did turn into babies.

*&*The End*&*

Lyrics: Tough Little Boys- Gary Allen

***please let me know how i'm doing it means alot to me***



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki