Remember Me This Way by DirrtyCraze


Number of reviews: 1
Print: Printer

- Text Size +


*Every now and then
We find a special friend
Who never lets us down*

*Who understands it all
Reaches out each time you fall
You're the best friend that I've found*


He sat crouched down, letting his silent tears stream down his now lifeless face, each tear dripping off the ends of his cheek bones. He stared blankly at the deep red rose he held in his hand, Unconscious beauty. She always said red roses had a type of unconscious beauty, that could never seem to be described in the right way. Words couldn’t touch it’s beauty, or hers for that matter. His mind fought an enduring battle of torment and suffering, the effects of it were visible in his face, it’s once vibrant features, were now dull and worn.

Extending out a shaky hand, he let the rose slip away from his grasp, falling to the ground. As he watched the rose drop, he knew it was final, not some dream he only prayed to awake from, but it was the harsh reality he faced. His hand remained that way for a few minutes, before he slowly began to pull it back toward his body.

After regaining the feeling in his legs he pulled himself to his feet, backing away slightly. Closing his eyes, he blocked out everything in his surroundings, and bowed his head in prayer. Dear Lord, I know she’s in good hands now, you could probably take better care of her now than I ever could here on earth. She’s my Angel, you have something precious to me up there, you took her from me, but I can’t argue with that clearly, just know this. I loved her, I don’t think she realized that, I don’t think I realized it myself until now…and now I’m too late…

*I know you can't stay
A part of you will never ever go away
Your heart will stay*

Her permission was granted, she was given her chance to see him again, her best friend. Feeling herself on earth once again, she adjusted to something she was once so use to. Her vision focused clearly, her crystal blue eyes holding a glow none other could.

Her breath was caught in her throat at the site of him, she knew in her heart it was him, even if it was the backside. Feeling herself move closer toward him, emotions she thought she could never feel as a human, were overwhelming her with an intensity stronger than her.

“ Joshua…”

He knew his lack of sleep was causing him to be weary, but he could have sworn he heard his name. Shaking his head he left it to be the wind whirling around him.

“ Joshua…”

Feeling his pulse rise, his heart began to beat wildly. That voice, he knew that voice, he’d know it anywhere. It’s her! You know it, you’re not crazy Josh, you heard it yourself. Don’t deny it! His mind screamed out at him.

Not sure of what to find when he turned himself around, Josh hesitantly moved himself to do so.

*I'll make a wish for you
And hope it will come true
That life would just be kind
To such a gentle mind
If you lose your way
Think back on yesterday
Remember me this way
Remember me this way*

“ Miranda..? “ Josh’s voice was hoarse and in horrible condition, evident his tears were never ending, constantly mourning.

Miranda, brought a single finger to her lips, trying to quiet him. She wanted nothing more than to just stare at him, as memories quickly flooded her mind. Each moment of her life with him being relived once again as if it all had happened yesterday.

“ You’re…you…I, god. You left me here on my own, you know that? Without you I’m horrible, useless, I have to live with this empty void in both my heart and life now. Every second that passes the pain only seems to intensify and go deeper. I know I’m being selfish, but god Miranda, I miss you terribly! “ Josh rambled on, not quite what to say. He let his heart do the talking, it was the only thing he could do at this point.

*I don't need eyes to see
The love you bring to me
No matter where I go*

Reaching out toward Josh, her finger tips traced his face softly, familiarizing herself with him. She spoke no words, the touch was enough to fill her with the happiness she once had with him.

*And I know that you'll be there
Forever more a part of me, you're everywhere
I'll always care*

Finally willing herself to speak Miranda took in a deep breath, “ Joshua, I’m not truly gone, don’t speak as if I am, because both you and I know I’m not. Don’t grieve me sweetheart, I’m still here with you, I’m your angel, always and forever. A part of me will never leave you, you keep me in your heart, where I belong. “

Her voice, it was exactly the way he remembered it, nothing about her had changed, it was as if she was still alive to him. “ I need to tell you something Miranda. “ Josh had calmed down considerably

*I'll make a wish for you
And hope it will come true
That life would just be kind
To such a gentle mind
If you lose your way
Think back on yesterday
Remember me this way
Remember me this way*

Feeling his hands starting to shake, he started to reach out for her, but then pulled himself back, “ I’m not sure why I hadn’t said something sooner, maybe it’s because I couldn’t believe it had happened to me. It’s just..I..you know me..and-“

“ I love you too Josh. “ Miranda whispered as a smile graced her lips.

“ Wha- What? “ Josh hadn’t been paying attention, as she cut off his rambling.

“ I love you. “

Before Josh had time to react, Miranda was slowly fading away. “ Baby no! Please don’t leave me again, I can’t do this on my own! I need you in my life to survive..” Josh scrambled to get his words out in fear she’d never hear them.

“ Don’t be afraid to walk without me, move on, I don’t want you to remain unhappy the rest of your time here. Do this for me Joshua..” Her voice was soft and quiet. “ I’ll be by your side always. “

*And I'll be right behind your shoulder watching you
I'll be standing by your side and all you do
And I won't ever leave
As long as you believe
You just believe*

Josh stood in absolute silence. His Angel, he never thought he’d see her face again like that. He was beginning to see a light and the end of the tunnel. Thank you for listening. He craned his neck toward the sky and smiled for the first time that week. A shred of happiness was starting to flourish in the bottom of his soul. Thank you so much.

*I'll make a wish for you
And hope it will come true
That life would just be kind
To such a gentle mind
If you lose your way
Think back on yesterday
Remember me this way
Remember me this way*


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki