Taking A Break! Still?! by Joeylance


Number of reviews: 4
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Taking a Break! Still?!

Part Two





Three weeks later



Annie and TJ (her and the twins' bodyguard) came into the kitchen carrying groceries. Actually, Annie was carrying her purse and a small bag of grapes...TJ had the rest. She had tried to protest, but dealing with him was like dealing with a brick wall. Unmovable! She told him the twins weighted more than any bag they had, but he was adamant.

Annie glanced at the phone on her way by and saw the message light was blinking. Walking over to check the caller ID, she saw it was an out of state number she wasn't familiar with. A push of the button brought Justin's voice into her ears. The only difference is that it was frail, childlike.

"Hey, JC. It's Justin. Guess that you aren't in since I'm talking to your machine. I hate to just leave a message, but I'm not sure when I'll get a chance to talk again...so I guess I'll just leave you one anyway. Great, I'm starting to repeat myself. I didn't want to do that, since I only have a short time to make this call. Sorry, I'm rambling."

He took a deep breath and continued. "First, I need to say that I am so very sorry for all of the dumb and stupid things I've done to you over the past few years. I apologize from the bottom of my heart. This isn't just a contrite and blanket apology to make things all better. I know that it is going to take a lot of work for you and I to be like we used to be. I also know that, you being who you are blame yourself for our fight on Halloween. Well, truth be told, I wanted to hurt you that night. I...I was so jealous of you, your accomplishments, your life. You have always been there for me...and I haven't been for you. My ego got so big...and then when things went bad, I figured it was your fault. It certainly couldn't be mine...after all, I was perfect." He paused to laugh.

"Seriously JC, I have to go. My time is up. I'll be sending you a package in a few days...it should be self-explanatory. JC, again, I'm so sorry. Catch ya' later, man."

Annie just stood in the kitchen staring at the phone, tears streaming down her face. 'Oh Justin,' she thought, 'I hope that we can help you. You are so lost...' She closed her eyes. 'Please Lord, let him find his way back to us.'

TJ, who had finished bringing in the groceries, came over and enveloped her in his huge arms. He didn't know what had just happened, but the pregnant woman looked like she needed a hug. Annie sobbed as he quietly rocked her in his arms like a small child.

Just then, JC and the twins burst in laughing. Annie quickly pulled away from TJ and wiped her eyes, not wanting to either worry the children or give JC the wrong idea. Putting on a smile, she turned to face them. "So, what have you guys been up to today?"

William ran up to her, throwing both his arms around her leg. "Mommy! Daddy took us fishing outside! I caught three and Claudine only caught two." He puffed up with pride.

Claudine stuck her tongue out at him. "Yeah, but mine were bigger!"

"So, where are these fish?" Annie asked, amused and still slightly nervous about fish after her food poisoning incident.

"Daddy said they were too small to keep, so we put them back. Can we have some milk and cookies?"

"May you have some milk and cookies, what?" Annie reminded them sternly.

"May we have some milk and cookies, please?" William answered like
clockwork with a big sigh.

"Yes, you may, but go wash your hands first." She sniffed, then laughed. "You smell like fish."

"Okay!" they cried in unison as they raced each other into the bathroom. TJ followed close behind to make sure they didn't trash the bathroom too badly.

JC had been standing quietly behind the twins, noticing the sign of fresh tears on Annie's face. Once they were alone in the room, he walked over to her and enfolded her in his arms. "Annie? What's wrong?"

"You have a message on the machine from Justin." She smiled to show him she was okay. "Why don't you listen to it after I get the kids their snack?"

"We're all washed, Mommy!" Claudine piped up as TJ came hauling them, half soaked, back from the bathroom.

"Hey guys, Daddy has some work to do. Why don't you and TJ take the cookies and milk up to your room? Maybe he'll play 'Candyland' with you if you ask him nicely."

With Claudine sitting on his shoulders and William under one arm, TJ took the snack and the hint and carried all of them upstairs to the twins' playroom. After they were gone, Annie turned back to JC. "I'll be in my
studio if you need me."

JC went over to the phone and sat down on the stool next to the counter. He pushed play and listened to Justin's message once, then a second time. After the third, he called Joey, Lance and Chris.



A few days later



JC went to the door and signed for the package which had been sent to him from Justin. Carrying it into his office, he set it down on the sofa and opened it. Inside was an envelope addressed to him and another, large envelope labeled MUSIC. Getting comfortable, he opened the smaller of the two.

'JC, sorry I missed you the other day. I really wanted to talk to you in person, but I guess this is the next best thing. I've been doing a lot of thinking. Hell, that's all we seem to do here. Between the therapy sessions and the meditation requirements, I feel that there isn't an area in my life that has been inspected, dissected and examined. It's been rather painful at times.

'One of the biggest realizations I've come to is how much of an ass I have been to the four most important friends I've ever had. No, I think brothers is a better way of describing how much you guys really mean to me. I've treated you all like crap, and for that,...I am truly sorry. There are many things I regret in my life, but that's the biggest one.

'I've talked to both Lance and Joey...we seem to have patched things up to the point that they think they can stand to be in the room with me without wanting to throttle me. No seriously, we're good.

'It was a little harder with Chris. We had deeper issues. I mean...he did marry my ex-wife. I now realize that Annie was right all along. She told me that it would never work and I would only end up hurting her. Of course, you know how well I listen to advice. Cassie and Chris were meant to be together. They fit!

'By the way, Chris told me that he and Cassie are expecting too. Seems they just found out last week. What's with you guys? Thinking of starting a future group - Children of *Nsync?

'Speaking of children, I still haven't been able to convince the two "mothers of my children" to let me be more than just a paycheck in their lives. Hopefully, when I get out of here, I can have the chance to build a relationship with them. JC, I have two children and I haven't even held them. Hell, I haven't even seen pictures! Am I that much of a monster? I
guess I deserve it, though. They were just convenient one night stands...and now I'm paying for it.

'JC, now to you. The things we said to each other the last time we were together...so hateful and mean! I kept egging you on. I knew that if I pushed you hard enough, you'd explode. I know that you have a pretty scary temper when provoked...so I kept at it till I got you to hit me. Of course, the only way to achieve that goal was to hit you first. I remember the expression of rage that instantly melted into regret when you connected with my face. You didn't know it, but you broke my nose. I ran out of there because...the look in your eyes...that hurt worse than the punch. You hadn't done a single thing wrong. All of it was my fault.'


JC stopped. Wiping his eyes, he laid his head back on the sofa and sighed. When he had composed himself, he picked up the letter and continued reading.

'If all goes well, I'll be out of here by the end of March. I know you and Annie, not to mention Lance and Katarina, will have had your babies by then. I know you guys are planning to take some time off and not do any touring or the like, so you can have that time for your new additions. Well, I would like to make you a proposal. Joey, Lance and Chris say that it's all right with them. You're the last one. If you agree, it's a go!

'In the large envelope labeled MUSIC, you will find songs, lyrics, etc. that I've been working on. I know that you always have music floating around that, with a little work, could be ready to record. (Okay...a lot - I haven't forgotten what a perfectionist you are.) Of course, I was always envious of how much dedication and love you put into your music. Anyway, we still have an album to make for JIVE and was wondering...would you be interested in joining us and working on that album over the next few months?'


Stunned, JC put down the letter. The thing he had wanted to happen for
almost the last four years was now standing in front of him. All he had to do was pick it up and take it! But did he want to? Did he want to put up with Justin and all of his crap again? Had he truly changed...or was it just a ploy to get back on top? JC shook his head, feeling slightly annoyed. What was he going to do?

Just then, a quiet knock sounded on the door. He got up and walked over, opening it up.

"Hi," Annie said quietly, holding out a tray of chocolate chip cookies and a cup of hot tea. "Thought you might be needing these."

Taking them and motioning for her to come into the room, he smiled. "How do you always seem to know what I need before I do?"

"I don't know. Maybe it's because I love you so much and we have always been so connected. People always say we're soul mates - two halves of one whole." She smiled. "Or the fact that you have been moping around and brooding for the past 3 days." She tousled his hair playfully to take some of the sting out of the last part of her comment.

"Point taken," he admitted, smiling back.

"Plus," she added, "you haven't shaved, either. Now, while I am partial to the scruffy look that you sometimes sport, you always do that when something is bothering you a lot."

He drew her into his arms and held close...it always gave him such comfort. "Annie, I need you to read Justin's letter and give me your honest opinion. I honestly don't know what to do." He handed her the letter after she was seated on the sofa and then went over to the desk to eat the cookies and drink his tea. He watched her face, seeing her eyes widen when he figured she got to the fight part.

When she'd finished, Annie set down the letter and stood. Walking over to him, she placed her hand on his face. "Don't decide here." She moved her hand to his chest. "But here."






© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki