Love Knows No Bounds! by Guilty Pleasures


Number of reviews: 14
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Chapter 5

Karl Manning, otherwise known as “the gate keeper”, sat around a table with Linda Hall and Hank Plata. They were discussing what to do with the situation with Justin. Everyone knew he was a vital part to their current case in Los Angeles California but they also knew he was growing restless and full of energy he could do nothing with.

“He’s becoming a handful” Hank added into their discussion.

“You have no idea” Karl muttered under his breath while twirling a pencil in his fingers; a sign of deep thought and stress.

The group talked of what to do with him and how to keep him occupied AND safe but when it came to Justin, it was anyone’s guess as to what he thought, felt and what to do about him.

Meanwhile Justin decided to sign online to see what answer Amber had given to his sister regarding his correspondence with her under his fake screenname. It was 6 pm, a whole lot earlier than Laura-Kathrine was normally on but he had decided to risk it. He sighed heavily when he saw she was not yet online and was about to sign off when her screenname popped up; he couldn’t help the smile that creeped across his handsome features.

NiceGuy25: HEY! I was hoping you’d be on

PrincessKay21: You know…I should be jealous that you are more excited about the prospect of talking to Amber than you are to talk to me now:-P

NiceGuy25: Lol. I still love talking to you, you know that Laura K =) But I am anxious to know what she said

PrincessKay21: All worked up over a woman…would never have expected that from the man who would rather be married to his job:-P

NiceGuy25: Drop that already and these last 2 years I pretty much have been…

PrincessKay21: I know. I just had to tease you about that. She was a bit suspicious as to why she’s never heard about this partner of mine but in the end she said yes. This mystery man could have her AIM name cuz I quote “if worst comes to worst I can always block him”

NiceGuy25: Lol she’s such a brat. So what’s her screenname, I doubt it’s still JuJuGrl ;)

PrincessKay21: Ha-ha, you’re right it’s not, but it still relates to something between you guys anyways…

NiceGuy25: Really? How?

PrincessKay21: What was the nickname you always had for her? What did you always call her?

NiceGuy25: umm I called her a lot of things…

PrincessKay21: What did you normally call her even though she seemed not to like it?

NiceGuy25: Little lady?

PrincessKay21: There ya go. She would always correct you saying its petite not little but after you ‘died’ the thought became endearing rather than annoying. So her IM name is LittleLady22

Justin smiled softly. It appeared she had cared as deeply for him as he still did for her…

‘until she decided to move on’ he thought with a disappointed sigh before thinking that if he really had Died he wouldn’t have wanted her to mourn forever but would’ve wanted her to find someone special.

‘BUT I’M NOT DEAD!’ his inner voice cried out to him.

He sighed not wanting to get in a fight with himself over her and returned to the conversation with his sister.

NiceGuy25: =) Thanks Laura K, I owe you one.

PrincessKay21: You don’t owe me anything except a promise that you will be safe and not risk doing something stupid because of your emotions for her

NiceGuy25: And here I thought I was the older of us:-P

PrincessKay21: Just promise me

NiceGuy25: Alright kid…I promise.

PrincessKay21: Good. She should be on in a few minutes so enjoy your conv with her but I gotta date with Travis tonight so I’ll talk to you later. I love you

NiceGuy25: Alright Laura K. Have fun and I love you too, and thanks again

PrincessKay21 has signed off at 6:45 pm

Justin sighed. He loved his chats with his sister Laura-Kathrine and looked forward to them. She was such a good kid and they had a great familial relationship with her that had only deepened after his disappearance. However his thoughts were quickly swayed from her at the thought of talking to Amber again. When he saw she signed on 15 minutes later he swallowed nervously, there was so much he wanted to say to her but because of his situation he couldn’t and had to hide his feelings for her…it felt like starting at square one all over again. Finally deciding to go for it he sent her an IM.

NiceGuy25: Hello Amber

LittleLady22: Umm…hi

Justin smiled softly. She always was a shy one and he had found it adorable…or she had been mostly shy till their last month together when she had actually started opening up to him and initiating hugs and kisses. He hoped she hadn’t changed; he loved her just the way she was.

NiceGuy25: Sorry if I scared you. I’m a friend of Laura-Kathrine's; you told her I could talk to you

LittleLady22: Oh that’s right…just took me by surprise since I don’t know any nice guys ;)

NiceGuy25: Lol. Well I’m pleased to be the first, however from what I hear of you, you don’t seem the type of person to attract jerks…Laura-Kathrine says you bring out the best in guys


‘The way you did for me’ He thought with a shake of his head.

LittleLady22: Yeah well Laura-Kathrine tends to exaggerate concerning me. We’re best friends, even dated her brother for awhile so she has to say nice things about me :-P

Justin inhaled sharply. She was mentioning him to himself? Maybe she still did care…

NiceGuy25: Dated? You don’t anymore? Was he one of the jerks?

LittleLady22: Not at all…he umm…he was killed on the job 2 yrs ago or so =( I thought Laura-Kathrine would have told you this?

Justin swallowed back the beginnings of tears. He didn’t know how hard it would be talking to her again and not be able to say ‘I’m not dead! It’s me!’ He decided to glance into her profile and felt a tear roll down his cheek at the tiny italic print at the bottom of her profile that read: RIP Justin Timberlake- I love you! that she was still waiting for a reply and carefully covered up his little mistake.

NiceGuy25: She may have…I know that one of the ladies I work with had a brother disappear a few years ago…I must have forgotten it was Laura-Kathrine’s

LittleLady22: its fine…Sorry our conv started out on such a serious note…tell me a little bit about yourself?

NiceGuy25: :-) It’s no problem. What do you want to know?

LittleLady22: Well, what do you do? How old are you? Favorite color? Single or in a relationship? Whatever you want to tell me:-P

NiceGuy25: =) Feisty I see…I like that ;) Favorite color is Navy Blue, I’m single…last relationship was 2 yrs ago, and I wait tables with Laura-Kathrine and I’m 27 what about you?

LittleLady22: I’m 24, I am an elementary school teacher and I’m currently in a relationship

NiceGuy25: oh, How long have you been with this guy?

LittleLady22: Jealous? ;)

Justin raked a hand back through his curls; ‘you have no idea’

NiceGuy25: Just asking but what would you do if I was ;)

LittleLady22: I was kidding and I know you aren’t. I’ve been with him for almost 7 months now

Justin was silent for several heartbeats trying to cool his emotions. The thought of some other man holding Amber caused his blood to boil followed by sadness that Lance would have longer with her than he had.

‘I need to get out of here’ he thought as he held his face in his hands; aching for things to be the way they once were.

Glancing up he curbed his emotions thankful for the opportunity to talk with her at least.

NiceGuy25: Lucky man

LittleLady22: quit flirting :-P

NiceGuy25: ha-ha take it how you want to :-P

LittleLady22: =) alright I will, just not now however.

NiceGuy25: Lol. Why not?

LittleLady22: My boyfriend is here, I’m dying to see the new action movie =-D

NiceGuy25: Ahh, okay well enjoy then

LittleLady22: I will. It was nice talking to you…. Lol I don’t know your name?

Justin thought of a name for a moment and then typed in Jared. It wasn’t the complete truth as he wished he could give it to her.

NiceGuy25: =) Jared and it was nice talking to you too Amber

LittleLady22: Alright Jared I’ll talk to you later…Good night

NieGuy25: Goodnight little lady ;)

NiceGuy25 has signed off at 7:29 pm.

LittleLady22 has signed off at 7:30 pm.

Justin leaned back in his chair and closed his eyes. When Scott had mentioned speaking with Amber he hadn’t thought everything through. If he had he would have realized how hard it would be to speak with her as someone other than who he was. His feelings for her still ran deep, probably because he had just had to disappear but was taken suddenly from her; not for a typical breakup or argument that could serve to quench those feelings. As he went about his nightly routine he wondered if she still missed him and he pondered how he could escape from this place and return home.

********************************************************************************************************

Amber fought back a wave of sadness as Nice Guy called her little lady, bringing back memories of Justin. Stifling the unwanted feelings she signed offline and turned to see
Lance glancing at her with a quizzical expression. “Who’s nice guy?”

Amber laughed. “Well hello to you too”

Lance closed the distance between them and closed her in his arms, kissing her softly. “Hello”

Amber rested her head against his chest as he held her and sighed contentedly. “That’s better; Nice Guy is a friend of Laura-Kathrine’s who, according to Laura-Kathrine, wished to chat with me”

Lance still looked skeptical but let it pass.

“Well are you ready to go?” he asked, releasing her from his arms.

Once Amber was free from his hold she strode to her closet and pulled on her black polyether jacket. Lance came up behind her and freed her hair from the jacket and bent to press a kiss to her right temple.

“You’re so beautiful” he whispered.

Amber smiled. “Thank you, but if we don’t leave right now we’re going to miss our movie.”

Lance pulled back and took her hand, “Alright then, let’s go”

The movie was enjoyable but Lance enjoyed the evening after the movie even better. Afterwards he took her to his apartment where they made chocolate chip cookies together and then sat outside beneath the stars.

“I have the most beautiful girlfriend” Lance said gently, pressing a kiss to the hand he held in his.

Amber smiled and looked over at him, “You’re such a liar”

Lance shook his head and trailed his knuckles gingerly down her cheek, his face completely serious.

“I’m not kidding. I don’t ever want to have to let you go” he whispered.

Amber blushed. “Well I don’t think you’ll ever have to”

Lance smiled tenderly at her,

“I’m so glad” he whispered and scooted closer to her, pressing his lips against hers; losing himself in their softness and her sweet, intoxicating taste.

Her arm came up and wrapped around his neck and as she kissed him, Laura-Kathrine’s question came to mind. Did she love him? No, not yet, but she could see herself coming too eventually. She smiled against his mouth causing him to pull away.

“What’s so funny?” he whispered huskily, trailing his hand down her side absently.

“Nothing at all” she replied and cuddled closer to him. “Nothing at all”

Lance smiled down at the woman lying beside him, he was definitely falling in love with her and he hoped she felt the same. With a content sigh he pulled her against him and looked up at the vast sky, with the woman he loved held close.

*******************************************************************************************


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki