Love Knows No Bounds! by Guilty Pleasures


Number of reviews: 14
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Chapter 3


“So what’s your biggest dream?”

It was a beautiful night out. The moon was full, there wasn’t a single cloud in the sky and from the hilltop where Amber sat with Lance the stars twinkled brightly in the skies velvet folds, the lights from the city below added an enchanting view; a soft summer breeze combined with the view made for the perfect setting.

Amber brushed her hair back from her face as she turned to face Lance who was reclining next to her on the hood of his car. “What’s MY biggest dream?”

Lance shot her a grin and nodded, “That’s what I said, at least that’s what I thought I said”

Amber laughed and elbowed him against his side.

“We’ve got a feisty one here!” he teased her; his hand latching onto the offending elbow as he dragged her to lie beside him.

She giggled but didn’t put up much of a fight. Lance combed his fingers through her hair that was now splayed across his chest and wrapped his other arm around her. For a few minutes there was nothing said, neither moved save for Lance’s fingers raking gently through her hair.

Amber finally broke the silence, “I don’t really know…”

“Sure you do, what’s the one thing you desire the most?”

She sighed and stared up at the stars for several moments before asking, “Do you ever wish things could be as they were two years ago?”

Lance’s fingers stopped moving and he fought to hold back a wave of disappointment. “Not really”

“Why not?”

He sighed and gently turned her so she could face him. “Because then I wouldn’t be here with you right now”

She blushed and slapped his chest playfully. “But don’t you wish Justin were alive at least? I mean you didn’t like me then so it would all be okay”

He shook his head and tilted her chin upwards so he could press a chaste kiss to her soft lips. “You think I didn’t because I couldn’t let you. You were Justin’s girl and I was just a good friend…I didn’t want to seem the jealous friend.”

At her look of shock he continued on. “Don’t get me wrong, Justin was an amazing guy, we all loved him, but I’m glad I’m with you now, ya know?”

Amber smiled weakly and brushed his hair back from his eyes, the gesture bringing back an old memory.

*FLASHBACK*
“So what, are you like trying to make this a normal occurrence? I told you I’d have dinner with you, I didn’t think that you would take it as an agreement to dating you”

Justin laughed and smiled at the girl standing next to him.

“Yes but I don’t see you putting up an argument or saying no either” he argued back, with a good-natured wink in her direction.

Amber shoved him playfully to the side, “oh hush you”

He chuckled and she found she loved his smile.

“You know Amber I wouldn’t recommend law for you. You give in too easily. One look at your opponent and it’d be, ‘Your Honor I objec-…never mind, continue’” He said mocking her teasingly.

She laughed loudly, “You are so mean to me!”

He shot a glance around him and then pointed to himself, “who me…Never!”

“You just were!”

She stuck her tongue out at him and he laughed and hoisted her up over his shoulder.

“I will not take your disrespect missy; you need to RESPECT your elders”

She laughed at him, “You’re only 3 years older than me Justin now put me down!”

She was kicking her feet wildly, holding onto one of his shoulders while her other hand messed up his curly hair, trying any way she could to get him to let her down.

“Justin you’re embarrassing me!” she whispered loudly, blushing at the other people’s stares, laughter and pointing fingers as he carried her through the park.

He heaved an annoyed sigh and then placed her on the next park bench he saw.

Leaning forward he stuck his tongue out at her, “Spoil sport”

She slapped his arm playfully then adjusted her shirt and fixed her hair. Justin shook his head to try to fix the hair she messed up.

She laughed and shook her head at him. “Allow me?”

“Of course, seeing as how you messed it up in the first place”

Reaching out she ran her fingers through his hair; attempting to put it back into place and marveling at how soft his hair was.

She pulled back and smiled, “There all better”

He smiled softly down at her, “Thank you”

She blushed under his gaze; he had never quite looked at her that way before. His eyes met hers before dropping to her lips and then locking his gaze with her own. Moistening her lips nervously she stepped back and motioned towards the ice cream stand,

“You owe me an ice cream to make up for making me look like a fool back there”

He mentally berated himself for making her feel uncomfortable and for showing so much; forcing a smile he met her gaze with a mischievous glint in his eyes, “You’re making the rules up as you go aren’t you?”

She giggled, “Yes I am, not don’t change the subject and go over there and buy me an ice-cream, Rocky Road and double chocolate fudge on a waffle cone please”

He laughed and draped an arm around her shoulders, “What ever you say baby…whatever you say”

*ENDS FLASHBACK*

“Welcome back, where were you?”

Amber blushed and shook her head. “Sorry…I was just thinking”

Lance sighed knowing it was probably about Justin. He hated always feeling like he was competing with the memory of a dead guy. He loved Justin too. It just hurts him to always be second to the girl he was falling in love with. He was pulled from his thoughts at the feel of soft lips brushing against his.

“Did I say something wrong?” she asked looking down at him.

Lance shook his head.

“Nah, you’re fine, come here” he replied holding his arm out to her.

She smiled and crawled into his arms which he wrapped around her. He held her for a few minutes, losing himself in his thoughts while searching out the constellations that he knew before he heard her yawn.

“Tired much?”

She nodded. “Long day”

He sighed; “Alright then I’ll take you home”

She smiled softly. “Thanks Lance, it was nice though”

Leaning over he kissed her lightly, “It was nice and I understand. Working with kids can tire any woman out”

She smiled and leaned her head back against the seat. “You have no idea”

*********************************************************************

PrincessKay21: Wow! You’re on again?

NiceGuy25: Don’t sound too pleased :-P

PrincessKay21: Lol. No I’m surprised…normally you’re only on once a month…and that’s if I’m lucky.

NiceGuy25: Yea well, I told “the gatekeeper” I’d be doing some research. For what I can’t say but hey it gains me the computer and I can sneak on to talk to you ;)

PrincessKay21: Lol. YAY lucky me

NiceGuy25: ha-ha you are. Not everyone is lucky enough to talk to me

PrincessKay21: Oh believe me I know that. I’m glad you still talk to me though…can I ask you something though?

Nice Guy25: Go for it, though I may not be able to answer it

PrincessKay21: Do you think you’ll ever come back? For a visit or just be in the area or anything?

NiceGuy25: *sighs* I wish I knew Laura-Kathrine. I dream about it constantly and always hope for it but I really don’t know…

PrincessKay21: Oh…okay. Well I miss you

NiceGuy25: I miss you too…

NiceGuy25: Now it’s my turn to ask you a question

PrincessKay21: Ok Shoot

NiceGuy25: Last night I was talking to a friend and he said something about his girl moving on…forgetting about him… Has Amber…has she moved on? It’s been 2 years but…has she?

PrincessKay21: I wish I could lie to you and tell you no…but she started dating this guy almost 5-6 months ago.

NiceGuy25: Oh really? Who is he do you know him…better question do I know him?

PrincessKay21: Umm…yea

NiceGuy25: You’re reluctant to tell me I can tell…just tell me please I won’t get mad

PrincessKay21: *heavy sigh* It’s Lance

NiceGuy25: =-O my friend Lance Bass!?!?!?!?!

PrincessKay21: *winces* yes him......im really sry

NiceGuy25: Damn..... that hurts. How serious are they?

PrincessKay21: They’ve gone out just about every night this past week…she says of him and I quote ‘he’s really sweet and funny and I enjoy his company’

NiceGuy25: … wow…Well I got to go…thanks for not lying to me sis. Goodnight

PrincessKay21: I’m sorry there was something to say other than No…Goodnight I love you

NiceGuy25: Love you too

NiceGuy25 has signed off at 10:30 pm

PrincessKay21 has signed off at 10:32 pm

*********************************************************


“Mr. Timberlake ! What the hell do you think you’re doing?!”

He turned quickly at the angry voice of ‘the gatekeeper’ and leaned back in his seat looking up at the man and shrugged. “Nothing why?”

“Do you think this is a game we’re playing here!? You are in the witness protection program for undercover agents for a reason! I don’t think you get that Mr. Timberlake. Any contact with the outside world can jeopardize your location and your life! What don’t you get about this?!”

He smirked and crossed his arms over his chest shrugging again. “The no contact part”

“Laugh now smart ass! But you’re not only compromising your life but the life of Scott and others here as well”

“No sir I don’t think you get it! If I’m such a threat then send me out of here! I NEED to be out there. Keep me locked in here like a prisoner any longer and I’ll go insane! I need to be where the action is!”

“If it were up to me I would send you out of here in an instant. But the board thinks you’re one of our best and most important agents linked to this case right now. They’re waiting for things to cool down before we send you back out there so chill Justin alright! I’m really sick of your attitude”

Justin scowled up at the man but didn’t respond. After a several minute stare down between the men the ‘gatekeeper’ growled angrily and left the room.

Justin sighed heavily and leaned back in his seat. “Damn I hate that man”

Scott laughed, “You’ve got some major attitude man”

Justin nodded the corner of his lips tipping into a half smile. “It’s why I’m the best, but I can’t wait till I’m out there again”

Scott chuckled, “I know hat you mean…I’m dying to get out of here too…but who do you talk to online anyways?”

“My siste rLaura-Kathrine …the only one who knows I’m still alive”

“But you want to talk to your girl?”

Justin withheld a wince at what his sister had told him and nodded, “Yeah I want to talk to her, but apparently she’s not my girl anymore”

Scott got the drift and cringed. “That sucks man”

“Tell me about it” Justin replied in a breath.

“Well if you want to talk to her, it’s obvious you’re not gonna listen to Your commanding officer so why don’t you I'm her under a different name just to keep in touch with her?”

Justin threw a glance over at Scott and nodded. “Why didn’t I think of that? I knew there was a reason I kept you around”

Scott laughed and bowed mockingly, “Thank you thank you!”

Justin laughed and tossed a hacky sack over at Scott who threw it back and chuckled. After goofing off for a few minutes Justin turned to the computer and went on researching the case…for real this time; anxious for the next time his commanding officer would leave so he could talk to Amber once more.

******************************************************************



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki