One Boy, One Girl by jaimielh


Number of reviews: 2
Print: Printer

- Text Size +


“Come on Lance,” Shannon begged. “I swear you’ll really like this one. She’s perfect for you.”

Lance sighed heavily and looked over at Shannon, rolling his eyes “That’s what you always say and the dates always turn out disastrous. Remember Christy?” Lance shivered, “It was terrible.”

“Yeah well this one is the one. Come on, if you don’t like this one I won’t play matchmaker anymore I swear.”

“Why don’t I believe you?”

“Please Lance.” Shannon pouted, sticking out her bottom lip.

“Joey, does she always pout when she doesn’t get her way?” Lance looked over towards Shannon’s boyfriend and one of his best friends Joey.

“Yep, she knows she usually wins too.”

Lance turned back towards Shannon who still stuck out her lip, but the corner of her mouth started to twitch from trying not to smile. “Fine I’ll go, but this is the last one Shannon I mean it.”

“YAY!” Shannon grinned. “I won’t need another chance. She’s perfect for you.”

“Whatever you say Shan. Whatever you say.”

Later that night, Shannon drove over to her friend Jaimie’s house to try to convince her to meet him. Shannon followed Jaimie into the living room and sat down on her couch.

“So, what is it you needed to talk to me about?”

Shannon took at deep breath before beginning, “Well, there’s this guy.....”

“Oh no!!!! Not again.” Jaimie groaned.

“What do you mean not again?”

“I told you last time I would never go on another blind date again.”

“Come on Jaim. This one is perfect for you.” Shannon begged. “I promise this will be the last time if it doesn’t work out I won’t bother you again. Please.”

“What’s so special about this one?”

“He’s career minded and very successful. He’s handsome, charming, has a great personality, a good listener...”

“If he’s so perfect why is he still available?”

“He hasn’t found the right girl. This is the one for you. I feel it in my bones.”

Jaimie studied her for a moment. She never heard Shannon talk this way before. Maybe she was right this time. She sighed heavily, “Okay fine I’ll go, but this is the last one Shan. I mean it.”

“Great! I swear you’ll love this one.”

“I won’t hold my breath.”

“Don’t be so pessimistic. You never know, and you gotta think positive.”

“Yes mother.” Jaimie laughed. “Where and when is this supposed to happen?...”


He finally gave in to his friend’s girlfriend
When she said there’s someone you should meet
At a crowded restaurant way cross town
He waited impatiently
When she walked in, their eyes met, and they both stared
Right there and then, everyone else disappeared

The following Saturday, Lance sat at a table waiting for Jaimie to arrive. He had made reservations at Little Italy, one of he nicest restaurants in downtown Orlando. He waited impatiently for her to arrive, wanting more than anything to have this night to be over with. As he sat there sipping his drink, he began to wonder why he let Shannon talk him into this again. All he really knew about this girl was that her name was Jaimie and she was a good friend of Shannon’s. He had no clue what she looked like. All he knew was that she was going to be wearing a lavender sweater tonight. That would be the only way to identify her.

Jaimie sat in her truck in the parking lot of the restaurant, trying to decide if she would really go inside on this date or if she should just drive the hour back home. She sighed heavily, this guy didn’t deserve to be stood up. She would just go inside smile politely have dinner, then say goodnight. Jaimie quickly got out of her truck and entered the restaurant before she had a chance to change her mind. Tonight she would be having dinner with Lance Bass. Of course she knew what he looked like, he was one of the members of the ever popular group NSYNC. Jaimie thought he was very attractive, but he was a celebrity. What could they possibly have in common? She was just your normal every day girl next door. What did she have to offer someone like him?

Jaimie walked up to the hostess and gave her name. She smiled politely and led her towards his table. She walked behind the hostess, wanting to just disappear.

“Mr. Bass, your friend has arrived.” the hostess smiled as they approached.

Lance looked up, startled. He had been lost in thought. For a moment he couldn’t see her because the hostess was in front, but the moment she stepped aside he felt his breath catch in his throat. The moment their eyes met, everyone else around them seemed to disappear. All he could see was her and all she could see was him. He stood up slowly to greet her, “Jaimie?”

She blushed slightly, “Yes, I’m Jaimie. It’s nice to meet you Lance. I’ve heard a lot about you.” she finished, extending her hand.

He looked down at her extended hand for a moment before taking her hand in his. The instant their hands touched, they both felt the electricity between them causing them both to jump slightly. “It’s very nice to meet you too.” he smiled over at her before pulling out her chair for her to sit. He reclaimed his seat across from her, never taking his eyes off hers. She was breathtaking to him. She had the most amazing blue eyes that captivated him from the moment they met. Her long brown hair hung in soft curls down her back. He had to stop himself from running his fingers through it. And her smile. It lit up her entire face and melted his heart at the same time. There was no doubt about it, he thought to himself. ‘I’m in love.’


But one boy, one girl
Two hearts beating wildly
To put it mildly, it was love at first sight
He smiled, she smiled
They knew right away
This was the day they’d waited for
All their lives
For a moment the whole world
Revolved around one boy, and one girl

“Oh my God! Jaimie, you look absolutely beautiful.” Shannon smiled through her tears as she watched her best friend walk towards her in her beautiful white wedding dress.

“Do you think this is the one?” she asked as she examined herself in the mirror. It was a gorgeous strapless A-line gown, with a fitted bodice adorned with beads and sequence. It was absolutely perfect for her.

“This is the one Jaim. Lance will be speechless when he sees you walk towards him in this dress.”

Jaimie turned towards her with a smile, “I don’t know how to thank you Shan. If it wasn’t for you I would still be alone.”

“You don’t have to thank me. I’m happy knowing that two of my best friends in the world are happy.”

“We both know we owe you everything.” Jaimie’s eyes began to well with tears. She stepped off the platform and wrapped her arms around Shannon tightly, “Thank you so much.”

Shannon’s voice cracked with emotion, “I love you guys.”

“We love you too.” Jaimie smiled up at her.

Shannon laughed and wiped her eyes, “Okay enough mushy stuff. Let’s look for bridesmaids dresses. After all I can’t let you make a fool out of me by picking an ugly dress now can I?”

“Would I do that?” Jaimie asked through giggles.

“No you wouldn’t, because I wouldn’t LET you do that. Now, go get changed so we can go back out and start looking for MY dress.”

Jaimie laughed, “You’re so stingy. You, you, you...jeez it’s my wedding.”

“You know you love me.” she grinned as Jaimie made her way back into the changing room.

Four months later, Shannon stood behind Jaimie placing her veil atop her head. Their eyes met in the mirror and they both smiled brightly.

“This is it. Today you will be Mrs. James Lance Bass. I’m so happy for you.” Shannon kissed her cheek softly.

“I know. I can’t believe I’m getting married. It just seems like a dream. This is everything I’ve ever wanted.”

“I know you two will be so happy together. You’re perfect for each other, just like I told you before you two ever met.”

“Yes. I’ll never forget that.”

“Jaimie honey. It’s time.” her mother smiled from the doorway.

“Okay, I’ll be right there.” Jaimie turned back towards Shannon. “This is it. The next time I talk to you I’ll be married.”

“We better get going. Lance is waiting.” Shannon smiled when she saw the way her face lit up with just the mention of his name.

Shannon glided down the aisle towards the front of the church. She gave Lance a warm smile, then looked over to Joey with a wink. He grinned back at her before returning his attention to the end of the church. Everyone stood as the wedding march began to play. All eyes were on Jaimie as she stood there on her father’s arm, waiting to make her way to her soulmate. Shannon looked over at Lance, only to see the look of pure love on his features. Their eyes locked as Jaimie began to make her way towards Lance. Her father softly kissed her cheek before placing her hand in Lance’s. They stood in front of each other, hands locked together, looking into each other’s eyes as the priest began the service.

“Dearly beloved, we are gathered her today.....”


In no time at all they were standing there
In the front of a little church
In front of their friends and family
Repeating those sacred words
Preacher said son kiss your bride
He raised her veil
Like the night they met
Time just stood still

But one boy, one girl
Two hearts beating wildly
To put it mildly it was love at first sight
He smiled, she smiled
They knew right away
This was the day they’d waited for all their lives
For a moment the whole world
Revolved around one boy, and one girl

“So, Shan, when are you two getting married?” Jaimie asked.

“We haven’t set a date yet Jaim. He just asked me to marry him last night.” Shannon laughed at her friend.

“Well, I didn’t know if you guys were in a hurry or what.”

“Soon I hope.” Joey smiled as he wrapped his arms around Shannon’s waist pulling her closer to him.

Lance came up behind Jaimie and wrapped his arms as far as he could around her expanded belly, “How are my two favorite people doing?”

“The baby and I are doing fine.” she turned her face to kiss him softly.

“How much longer do you have anyway?” Joey asked.

“About three weeks or so.”

“Too long. I’m ready to meet this kid already.” Lance laughed.

“UGH! Not half as ready as I am believe me. I can’t wait until I can see my feet again.” Jaimie groaned. Suddenly she felt a sharp pain shoot through her stomach. “OOOH!” she gasped. “I don’t think the baby liked that statement.”

Lance looked down at her, concern in his features “Are you okay baby?”

“I don’t know. There’s something different about this.” she paused for a moment. Not two minutes later she doubled over again in pain. “Lance....” she gasped “I don’t think the baby wants to wait any longer.”

Lance’s eyes grew huge as he looked down into his wife’s frightened face, “It’s time?!?”

“Yes, it’s time. Get me to the hospital please.”

Lance helped Jaimie get into his car before running to get behind the wheel. Joey and Shannon climbed into the back seat before Lance sped off towards the hospital.

“GET ME DRUGS!!!!!!!!!!” Jaimie was yelling before they could even get her settled in her room.

“Honey calm down....” Lance tried to soothe.

“You calm down! You’re the jackass who did the to me. This is all your fault.” she continued to seethe. Shannon watched the scene wide eyed, beginning to really wonder whether or not she wanted to go through childbirth. She looked over at Joey who looked as if the same thoughts were going through his mind.

“We’re just gonna go get some coffee.” Joey pulled Shannon out of the room before Jaimie started in on them.

A few moments later, her contraction passed and she looked over at Lance who sat over in the corner as if he was afraid of her. She smiled softly and reached out her hand, “Come here Lance.”

Lance looked at her skeptically, “Are you sure it’s safe?”

Jaimie laughed softly, “I promise.”

Lance made his way over to her and sat beside her on the bed. He smiled down at her, softly wiping the sweat from her forehead. “I love you.”

“I love you too Lance. You know I didn’t mean all that mean stuff I just said don’t you. That’s the pain talking. I know you’ve heard all the stories of how women go temporarily insane during labor.”

“Yeah, I’ve heard them. I just never prepared myself for it. Remember I thought we had at least three more weeks.”

“I know. This kid wants to come tonight. I think it wants to give us a special Christmas present.”

“It’s the best present I could ever ask for.” Lance smiled before kissing her forehead softly. He felt Jaimie’s hand clutch his as another contraction hit her hard. “Shhhhh, breathe baby. Remember, get your focal point and concentrate on it....” Lance coached her until her contraction passed. Almost as soon as that contraction faded, another started.

“PUSH!” Lance yelled as he sat behind her holding her hand. “Come on baby, you can do it.”

“Come on Jaimie, one more big push and you’ll have your baby in your arms.” Dr. Michaels smiled up at her.

“I can’t do this....” Jaimie began to cry softly between pants.

“Yes you can. Come on baby, don’t you want to hold our baby in your arms.” Lance wiped her forehead again. Jaimie nodded her head and began to push until she finally heard the sounds of her baby’s cries fill the air.

“It’s a boy!” the doctor grinned as he held him up to show the proud parents.

“He’s beautiful....” Jaimie cried, but suddenly more pains began to hit her. “Dr. Michaels, what’s going on?”

Dr. Michael’s handed the baby to a nurse and began to check her, “Well guys. It looks like you’re getting two for the price of one.”

“Wha...what do you mean? Twins?” Lance asked wide eyed.

“Yes. You’re going to have another baby Jaimie. Come on I need you to give me a big push again. This one should be easier than the first one. Come on, PUSH!”

Jaimie began her breathing and pushing once more. Not ten minutes later, another cry filled the air. Jaimie collapsed against Lance’s chest absolutely exhausted.

“Congratulations. You’re the parents of a little boy...and a little girl.” Dr Michaels smiled as he handed their daughter to Jaimie.

“She’s so beautiful.” Jaimie cried as she stared down into her daughter’s bright blue eyes. Eyes so much like her own.

“She looks just like you.” Lance grinned as the nurse handed him their son.

“I’m so happy. Thank you Lance.”

“What are you thanking me for?”

“For loving me and always being her for me. And for helping me create these two perfect angels.” Jaimie kissed their son’s head as she rocked their daughter.

“Thank you too. I love you so much.”

The proud parents sat in the delivery room, cuddling their two very special gifts, both happier than they had ever imagined they could be.


He was holding her hand when the doctor looked up and grinned
Congratulations....twins

But one boy, one girl
Two hearts beating wildly
To put it mildly it was love at first sight
He smiled, she smiled
They knew right away
This was the day they’d waited for all their lives
For a moment the whole world
Revolved around one boy, and one girl.....


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki