Anytime You Need A Friend by jaimielh


Number of reviews: 1
Print: Printer

- Text Size +


Justin walked through the familiar streets of his hometown of Memphis Tennessee. He had been back a few times over the last ten years to see his family that still lived there, but he never took the time to look around and take in some of the scenery. He recognized so many things, yet there were so many changes. The school he had once attended still stood tall. The monkey bars he fell from when he was four were still there, but they were very old and rusty by now. He stopped when he saw the sand box he once played in. Who would have thought that small wooden box would change everything for him. He was maybe three years old, yet he remembered it as if it were yesterday. It was the first time he saw her. His Erin. She was his age too. AT the time she had blonde curls that framed her tiny face. Even at that age, Justin thought she was beautiful. They played together all day that day while their mother’s sat on a nearby bench talking. He didn’t know what came over him, but suddenly he leaned forward and kissed her. Erin stared at him wide eyed for a moment in complete shock. When e pulled back, she smiled briefly at him before dumping her bucket of sand on his head. From that day on, they were inseparable. They swore they’d be best friends forever but they eventually went their separate ways. He went to Orlando to be in the new version of the Mickey Mouse Club, while she stayed behind in Memphis watching his career slowly take off. By the time they were fourteen, he was on his way to stardom in the pop group NSYNC. Everything seemed to be going great for him, except for one thing. He missed his best friend. Even as the years continued to pas he would try to see her when he came home, but something would always come up or either she wasn’t home. This time he knew he would see her. His visit wasn’t a happy one. He heard the news of her parent’s death a few days before. Without a moment’s hesitation, he called his manager, got him to cancel some photo shoots that were scheduled, and book him the next flight to Memphis. He got in the day before the wake, but somehow couldn’t bring himself to go to her just yet. He didn’t know what it was that mad him so afraid to see her, but tonight was the night. He snapped out of his trance and glanced up at the sky. It was beginning to get dark. He sighed heavily and began walking again towards Erin’s. So many people where there. He never realized just how respected their family was until he saw all the cars outside their house. He paused at the gate to their front yard. Something inside him told him she wasn’t inside. He walked around the house and saw her sitting alone on the old tire sing they had made when they were six. He didn’t say a word to her as he approached.

Erin was lost in her thoughts again. She couldn’t believe her parents were gone. What was she going to do? They were all the family she had left. Now she was left with nothing at all. She sighed heavily. Her heart was aching terribly, but she couldn’t bring herself to cry. Something inside her wouldn’t allow the tears to fall just yet. Suddenly she felt chills run down her spine they way they always did when ‘HE’ would sneak up on her. She slowly stood and turned, and there he was standing there towering above her. That was all it took for the damn holding her tears back to break. She practically ran towards him, falling into his warm, comforting embrace. He held onto her tightly as she cried her tears of loss and sadness into his chest. After a while her tears slowed and she started to pull away from him. He loosed his hold on her, but he still left his arm around her shoulders as they walked towards the bench nearby.

“I’m sorry. I didn’t meant to break down on you like that.” she sniffled, trying to control her emotions. In the dim light of the night, Justin couldn’t easily see her dark green eyes, but he knew they held such sadness. His heart ached for her loss.

“Don’t apologize to me for that Erin. I’m your best friend. I’ll always be here for you.”

“Don’t say that.” Erin angrily pushed him away. “Last time your promised me that you left and I haven’t seen you in years.” she continued as her tears began to fall again, “And now I’m all alone. I have no one left.”

Justin’s voice cracked with emotion as he took her shoulders in his hands, “Don’t you EVER say that. You will never be alone. I don’t care what I have to do; I promise you will never be alone. No matter what I will always be here for you Erin. I may not be her physically, but I am always with you in your heart as you are in mine. Knowing that has gotten me through a lot of things in my life.”

Erin slowly began to compose herself again, “When did you get in?”

“Last night. I’m sorry I didn’t come over sooner, but I just couldn’t bring myself to do it. I guess I was scared. I’m so sorry Erin. So sorry for everything.”

“Shhh.” Erin placed her slender finger on his lips. “I don’t want to talk anymore. Just stay here with me please.” Justin just smiled and pulled her into his embrace. Neither of them knew how long they sat there, and neither one of them cared. They were enjoying the comfort only they could give each other.

Justin stayed with Erin for a week helping her get her parents estate in order. They both knew he would have to be leaving soon, yet neither one wanted to think about it. Justin was happy to be with his friend again, and the thought of leaving her saddened him to no end. Most of all, he knew how much Erin needed him right now.

“Erin, what are you going to do now?”

She sighed as she finished taping up the last box, “I really don’t know Justin. I haven’t thought about it much. I’m selling this place. It hurts too much for me to be here, but where I’m going from here I honestly don’t know.”

“I have an idea, but I’m not sure you’ll like it.”

“What?”

“What if you come with me back to Orlando? A change in scenery might do you some good, and I have to admit the thought of having you with me is very appealing to me.” he grinned over at her, trying to look into her eyes to see if he could tell what she was thinking. Her golden brown hair had fallen into her face, so he couldn’t really see her.

"Do you really mean it?” she looked up into his blue eyes with a smile on her face.

“Of course I do. We’ll have a blast together hanging out. I want you to finally meet all the guys. I’ve talked about you for years now.”

Erin laughed at him, “I’d love to Justin. Thank you.”

“For what?”

“For being here when I needed you most.”

“That’s what friends are for.” Justin smiled as he kissed her forehead.

Two days later, they were back in Orlando. Erin and Justin settled into life in Orlando fairly easily. The longer she stayed, the more they began to look like an old married couple instead of two friends living together. Before either of them knew it, three months had passed and Justin was getting ready to go back on the road to promote their new album. Erin was beside herself. She didn’t know how she could handle being away from him again. It killed her too much the last time.

“I don’t want you to go.” she whispered as she walked up behind him while he packed his suitcase.

Justin jumped, slightly startled “Jeez you scared me. I know you don’t Erin, but I have to. I’ll miss you too, more than you know.”

Erin stood behind him and watched him pack. Something began to stir inside her, and it had nothing to do with her friendship for Justin, which she cherished more than anything. She was in love with him. Not the Justin Timberlake of NSYNC, but the Justin who kissed her in the sand box when they were three. To her, that’s all he ever was and all he ever would be. Could she tell him how she felt?

He turned towards her after he finished packing the last of his things, “Erin, is something wrong?”

“I….Justin I have to tell you something.” she began to pace the floor slightly. “These last few months have been so great for me. You’ve helped me deal with my parent’s death and helped me to remember why we were such great friends. I cherish all of our time together.”

“I know you do. I do too…” he began, but she cut him off.

“Wait, I have something I have to say while I have the courage to say it.” Erin took a deep breath before she began again. “I’ve…..I’ve fallen in love with you Justin.”

They stood there for a moment in silence, neither of them saying a word. Erin prayed for the floor to open up and swallow her whole. He wasn’t responding at all to her confession. All she wanted to do was run away, and that she tried to do. She turned to run, when suddenly she felt his hand on her arm. Erin stopped and slowly turned towards him. Before she could look at him, his lips were on hers kissing her until she was breathlessly hanging onto him for balance. Her heart felt as though it was going to beat so hard it would burst through her chest. Justin slowly pulled away from her and looked down into her dark green eyes. Eyes that knew him so very well. For a while now, he knew what he felt for her went beyond friendship, but he didn’t want to rush her into anything. Her confession had made him the happiest guy in the world.

“I love you so much Erin. I’ve known for a while now, I just didn’t want to scare you away.”

Erin looked into his blue eyes and laughed softly, “You don’t have to worry about that I promise you. I’m here and I plan to stay here.”

“No you aren’t. You’re coming on tour with me. I don’t want to be away from you again.”

“Promise me forever Justin.”

“I can’t promise you that I’ll love you for the rest of your life, but I promise you that I’ll love you till the end of mine.” he leaned down and kissed her lips once more, relishing in the softness of her warm body against his. Something told him that they were right where they needed to be, in each other’s arms.



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki