Headliners and Legends by Mattison30


Number of reviews: 45
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Chapter 1: The Promotion

“Mom!” Elaine Jacobs pushed past her younger sibling into the kitchen in search of her mother. “Mom, where are you?”

“Upstairs.” Her mother called back. Elaine threw down her bag and practically jumped out of her heels so that she could better run up the stairs.

“Mom, you will never believe what happened today.”

Her mother, Debbie looked up from the laundry she was folding with a raised eyebrow. “What?”

“I got a promotion!” She squealed running over and hugging her mom.

“Congratulations sweetie.” Debbie praised, pulling back to brush Elaine’s hair behind her ears. “I am so proud of you.”

“Mr. Stevens, just out of the blue, calls me into his office saying that he has something really important to discuss with me.” She begins her story, childishly jumping onto the bed with her legs crossed Indian style. “I was totally freaking out you know?” Debbie nodded with a smile. “I thought he was going to fire me or something.”

“Oh, he would never do that. You are too much of a valuable asset to that company.”

Elaine scrunched her nose as she did when ever she was embarrassed and then launched back into her story. “So I go to his office right after I finish all my work for the day and he starts talking about how well I’ve been doing and how much I’ve improved since I started.”

“Your face must have been bright red.” Debbie laughed mentally picturing her daughter’s embarrassed face, red and scrunched.

“It was not.” She wined. “So anyway, he’s complimenting me and then he says that a new position has opened up and he wants me to fill it! How exciting is that?”

“Very, so what is the job?”

Elaine ran her hands over her knees trying to control her nerves. “All he said was that I’ll get to do bigger and better stories that actually matter and that I’ll have my own section in the magazine. My own section mom!”

“That’s wonderful dear.”

“I get my first assignment tomorrow morning! I am so excited.” Elaine jumped up off the bed and started towards the door. “I have to call Emma and tell her news and then I’m gonna go over to see Mike so that I can tell him in person.”

~*~*~*~

“Guess what Mike?”

Mike moved away from the doorway allowing Elaine to enter and back over to his computer. He waited for her to continue but when she didn’t he looked up at her expectantly. She looked about really to burst but was being stubborn and wait for him guess. “I don’t have time for games Elaine, just tell me already.”

His dampened mood didn’t affect her in the least. She was way too excited to let him get on her nerves today. “I got a promotion!” She threw her arms up in the air fully expecting him to embrace her. “Did you hear me?” She asked putting her arms back to her sides.

“Yeah, babe, that’s great.” Mike answered distractedly.

Elaine bit her bottom lip when she felt her eyes start to water with tears. “That’s it? That ‘s all you have to say?”

He let out a loud sigh. “This client is killing me.” Mike muttered to himself.

“You are such a bastard you know that.” She said angrily but still got no reaction from him. “Mike!”

He finally tore his eyes away from is work to look up at her with an annoyed expression. “What’s your problem? Can’t you see I’m in the middle of something?”

“Oh well excuse me if I though that my boyfriend would actually be just a tad bit excited for me over this monumental moment in my life! I must have been out of my mind when I decided to come over here so let me get out of your way so that you can get back to work.” With that said she turned sharply on her heel and headed for the door. Just as Elaine reached for the door knob a hand grabbed her arm.

“Elaine I’m sorry,” Came his pathetic apology. He turned her around. “I am proud of you Lane. I’m sorry I made you cry.”

She sniffed and wiped her eyes with the back of her hand. “I forgive you.”

Mike pulled her away from the door and back into his apartment. His lips descended upon hers before moving to her neck and collar bone. “What do say we go into the bedroom and celebrate?”

“Mike, stop,” She protested trying to halt their movements to the bedroom. “I told you I’m not ready for this.”

Mike pulled back and pushed some of her curls out of her face. “We’ll just fool around baby, I won’t try anything.” She looked doubtful. “Promise.”

Elaine pulled his head back down to hers to initiate another kiss. Mike took this a go ahead and pushed her back into his room and onto his bed. His hands were everywhere, her legs, sides, stomach, and chest. His shirt was off and hers was pushed up just under her bosoms. When she felt her bra unhook she froze and her body tensed. “Mike,” She pushed at his shoulders but he didn’t stop. “Mike, stop it.”

“Come on baby.” He mumbled against her skin.

Using all of her strength the shoved him off her. “I said stop.”

“Jesus Elaine! How long do you expect me to wait? You may still be an immature teenager but I twenty three years old and you’ve been holding out on me for two years! You’re such an f**king tease!”

“You make it sound like I’m thirteen!” Elaine yelled back at him while fixing her clothes. “I am nineteen years old and plenty more mature than you. I’m so sorry if I actually have some morals and self control!”

“You’re f**king ridiculous.” He muttered, “I’m going to take another cold shower.”

“You do that.” She said to an empty room once he slammed the door. “I’m going home.”

TBC...(Please let me know what you think so far. Thanks!)


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki