Headliners and Legends by Mattison30


Number of reviews: 45
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Chapter 11: See You in Court



“Do you think we could possibly go some where to talk?” Justin whispers to me as Jesse collects his things.


I look up at him incredulously. He can’t be serious.


“No, but thank you for asking.” I reply as sweetly as I can manage although I’m sure it came out sounding bitter.


“I’ll see you tomorrow Elaine.” Jesse smiles at me and I return his sentiments and watch him leave before turning back to Justin.


Why is he still standing here?


“Do you need me to get my secretary to walk you out or can you find your own way?” I lift Jackson off my lap and place him on the floor. “Pick up your crayons babe.”


“You’re really not going to talk about this?”


“Bout’ what?” I know exactly what he’s talking about and I’m not going to open that can of worms. There is no way I am letting him worm his way back into my life.


“Who are you?” Jackson asks bluntly gazing up at Justin with curious eyes. Just as I am about to turn into the mother lioness to snatch up her young from lurking danger Justin crouches down to Jackson’s level.


“My name is Justin. You’re Jackson right?” I can’t help but laugh when Jackson nods and extends his tiny hand for Justin to shake.


Always the gentleman.


“Nice to meet you.”


“You too.” My baby answers politely, him words slightly jumbled from baby talk. By the way he speaks you would never guess he’s only three. I grab hold of Jackson’s hand and pull him to my side in a protective and what I’m sure looks territorial manor.


“Again,” I begin; Justin’s eyes still on Jackson. “Do you need assistance leaving or can you handle it on your own?”


“I want to talk to you about…” He drifts off motioning to Jackson with his eyes.


“No. Now if you will excuse me I need to be going.” I quickly pick up Jackson along with my purse and work bag and brush past a frustrated and confused looking Justin. “I will make sure Jesse sends you his article as soon as it’s complete.”


~*~*~*~


What a day….I never thought I would ever seen Justin again or at least that’s what I was hoping. I saw the look on his face when he saw Jackson. He knows I was telling truth now. Why else would he want to talk about things?


“Wait…so he saw Jackson?” Emma asked.


“He had to of noticed the resemblance.” JC added pulling Emma closer. Emma and JC started dating shortly after Jackson was born. They met up at the hospital and finally got to talk in person and hit it off. After dating for three years I’m expecting an engagement ring any day now.


“He definitely noticed.”


“And?” Emma prompted.


“And nothing. I told him I didn’t want to talk to him and I left.”


I case you don’t see it coming, I’m about to get lectured. Emma, with some help from JC, is going to tell me how immature I’m being and that I should just grow up and talk to Justin. All I did after I found out I was pregnant was wine about how I wanted my son to grow up with a father. Now Justin may just be willing to fill that role and I’m not willing to give him a chance therefore making me a hypocrite.


“Isn’t that just a bit hypocritical,” Emma begins leaning forward for emphasis.


Told you so.


“And immature?” JC adds critically.


Do I know my friends or what?


“No I do not Joshua Scott.” I reply using his full name to give him the hint that I am in no mood to discuss this any farther.
Before anyone gets another word in there’s a knock at the door. I roll my eyes in annoyance at the pair before me and go to answer the door.


You have got to be kidding me.


“What the hell are you doing here?” I ask angrily with my hands placed firmly on my hips. He has got a lot of nerve…


“You wouldn’t talk to me at your office so I decided to come talk to you at your house.” He answered offering a boyish grin. That grin my have worked on me three years ago but not today.


I supply no response, just slam the door in face.


“Who was that?” Emma yells from the couch.


“Justin.” I answer nonchalantly passing by her on my way to the bathroom to take a quick shower.


“Timberlake?” She yells, her voice laced with shock.


“The one and only.”


(Justin’s POV)


Well that was….rude. I sigh heavily and let my head fall against the cool door to her apartment. Why do women have to be so difficult? All I want to do is talk to her. That kid behind this door could be my son.


My son.


That sounds so strange. I just can’t picture myself as a father. I mean I can barely take care of myself.


“J, man, why don’t you come in?”


JC? What the f**k is he doing here?


I eye him strangely not knowing where to start my questioning as I brush past him. This apartment is all too familiar. She hasn’t changed a thing. It even smells the same.


“Hey Justin,” The girl on the couch greets me like we’ve known each other for years. I don’t respond just stare between her and JC in utter confusion. “I’m Emma. I met you…uh….the morning after.”


Oh. I smack the palm of my hand against my forehead. I remember her now. This still doesn’t explain why JC is here.


“What are you doing here C?”


“I’m dating Emma.” He answers thrusting his thumb in her direction. Now that he mentions it I do remember him telling me he was dating someone now and that they were quite serious.


“Right,” I say rubbing my hand over my forehead. This is all a bit to much for me to comprehend right now. I just want to talk to Elaine and straighten this whole mess out.


“Who said you could let him in here?” I turn towards Elaine’s voice and find her standing in the entry way in a pale pink bathrobe, fresh out of the shower. Her hands are perched firmly on her hips.


“Don’t get mad at them,” I say without thinking. “They just want to help.”


“Excuse me, was I talking to you?” She asks although I know she’s not expecting an answer. “No. I wasn’t. Now get out.”


“I want to know if that’s my son in there!” I yell pointing down the hallway to where I assume Jackson is sleeping. I am so f**king sick of her attitude.


“I already told you you ass!” She yells back.


“The name calling so very mature Elaine.” I find myself saying sarcastically without a second thought.


“So is you abandoning me”your son!” Don’t think I didn’t notice that she almost said ‘me’. I did abandon her and my son….if he is my son. God, I still don’t even know for sure. “And don’t you dare tell me that you don’t know for sure he’s yours.”


That was creepy. She just totally read my mind.


“I mean just look at him Justin! He’s the spitting image of you.”


“So what if he looks like me. That may just mean you f**ked someone with curly hair and blue eyes! I want a paternity test.”


“No.”


“No?” I echo looking over to the couch to get some support from JC but he and Emma look to be pretending to be in another world.


“That’s right, no. You have no reason not to believe me. I have never lied to you and don’t you think that I would have already gone to the papers, or, hell, written something myself about this by now?”


“A judge can order a paternity test.”


“Are you threatening me?”


“I don’t want to take you to court over this Elaine.” I sigh heavily taking a few steps towards her.


“You are threatening me.”


“Just do the test.” I press.


“Just trust me.”


“You’re no going to give in on this are you?” She didn’t respond, just stood her ground. She didn’t have to say anything though, I knew she wouldn’t give in. “Then I guess I’ll see you in court.”



TBC....(Sorry if this is kind of short and now written that well but I've been having major writer's block. Please review anyway :) )


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki