Headliners and Legends by Mattison30


Number of reviews: 45
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Chapter 12: Walk Away



Despite what JC thought, Justin did take me to court. Well, had his lawyer deliver the summons papers. When I got those I was furious but I also realized that if I did go to court I would lose. So here I am at the pediatrician’s office with Jackson on my lap waiting for the nurse to draw blood.


Jackson doesn’t understand why he’s here. I told him that if he was good he would get a sticker from the doctor and I would let him have some ice cream tonight after dinner. So as you can probably guess he was ecstatic about coming.


He won’t be so excited in a few minutes when this nurse sticks him with that needle in her hand. She’s explaining to him what she’s going to do. I run my fingers though his curls to calm him when I feel him tense. He lets out a yelp when the nurse inserts the needle. I kiss his temple and hold him tighter. I whisper to him that it will be over soon.


This is all Justin’s fault. He’s the reason my baby is crying right now.


“All done,” The perky nurse smiles. “I’ll take this straight to the lab and you should be getting the results in the mail within the next week or so.”


“Thank you.” I reply quietly turning Jackson’s body around to face mine and pick him up. “You’re all done baby. You were so brave.”


“I don’t like the doctor.” He mumbles against my shoulder.


"I know baby," I say holding back my laughter. “How about we go get that ice cream right now?”


~*~*~*~


I got the results of the paternity test back today. I haven’t opened them yet; I’m nervous. JC was over when I got the call they were ready. He was lecturing me about how I shouldn’t have threatened Elaine with court. If I hadn’t she never would have agreed to do it.


“Thanks for meeting me Elaine.” I say brining my caramel latte to my mouth. I must say I was rather shocked when she agreed to meet me here at the coffee shop. She probably just came to yell at me about what a bastard I am. “I got the test results today.”


“Okay,” She says with an eyes roll as she skims her finger over the rim of her mug.


“I thought we could open them together.”


She stops the movement of her finger and looks up at me. “I already know the results Justin. I don’t need those.” She says pointing to the envelope in my hand. “If this is the only reason you asked me here than I’m gonna get going.”


“Elaine, please.” I plead, reaching out and taking hold of her hand to stop her from getting up. When I notice her gaze on our entangled hands I quickly release me grasp. “I want to be a part of my son’s life. I’ve already missed so much; don’t take anymore time away from me.”


“And whose fault is that!”


That came out wrong.


“It’s mine and I know that. I should have listened to you.”


“Damn right you should have, but you know what Justin it doesn’t matter.” She pushes her hair out of her face and behind her ears.


What is that supposed to mean? It doesn’t matter? Doesn’t she understand that I’m apologizing? What else does she want me to do? I can’t turn back time.


“These,” She says angrily ripping the manila envelope off the table, “don’t matter. I don’t want you anywhere near me or my son. And you can go ahead and threaten me with court just like you did before. You will not win.” She laughs hollowly. “You can’t abandon your son and then expect a judge to turn him over to you. I have been there for him his whole life; he doesn’t even know that you exist and I plan to keep it that way.”


My mouth is hanging open right now; literally hanging open. This woman has a lot of hostility built up against me. I guess I can’t really blame her though or at least I shouldn’t. She’s just so frustrating!


“Elaine…”


“No, no. I am sick of listening to you. This is none negotiable.”
“You can’t do this!” I yell back. None negotiable my ass. She can’t do this can she?


“You don’t even know if he’s yours,” She replies, her voice laced in sarcasm. “You haven’t opened the results yet.”


“Why are you being such a bitch about this? Yes, I made a mistake and I’m trying to fix that. Help me out here Elaine!”


She leans back and crosses her arms over her chest. “I don’t have time for this Justin.”


“You’re being ridiculous.”


“Am I now?”


“Why did you even bother to come here today? Was it just to bitch and moan to me about what an f**king bastard I am? You knew you weren’t going to give me another chance. So why, huh, why did you come?”


Well look at that; Laney’s speechless. I guess I got her there. That is why she came. She just wanted to rub it in my face that I would not be able to see my son. But he’s my son and if
I want to see him I will see him.


I look into her glassy eyes and suddenly feel like an f**king jerk. I didn’t mean to make her cry.


“I’m leaving now.” She manages to say without crying. "Stay away from us."


TBC....


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki