Headliners and Legends by Mattison30


Number of reviews: 45
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Chapter 6: Baby on Board

She checked once, twice, three times over her shoulder as she picked up the small pink and white box. She quickly tossed the box into her shopping basket and covered it with her other purchases as best as she could. As she started towards the register she stopped herself and on an afterthought and picked up two more similar boxes just to be safe.

“Did you find everything you were looking for ma’am?” The store clerk asked as he rang up her items. What was that supposed to mean? She stared into the young mans mocking eyes that seemed to laugh at her situation. How dare he judge her?

“Yes, thank you.” She replied quietly wishing he would hurry it up already. The young clerk scanned the last item; it was the first small pink and white box she had picked up. He scanned it once, twice, three times….nothing. He looked up from his register and smiled at her with gleaming eyes. She watched him lean forward and speak agonizingly slow into the microphone announcing her purchase to the entire store. “I need a price check on the Confirm 1-step home pregnancy test. Repeating, I need a price check on the Confirm 1-step home pregnancy test….”

~*~*~*~

Placing the last test on the bathroom counter Elaine let out a shaky breath and parked herself on the toilet. How could she let something like this happen? She never thought her life would ever end up like this. She could end up being a mother at nineteen.

“Hey, what’s up girly?”

Elaine shot off the toilet and scooped up the pregnancy tests desperately trying to hide them from her friend’s view. “Don’t you knock!”

“What’s behind your back?” Emma asked curiously ignoring her question and taking few steps towards her.

“It’s nothing. Now can I get some privacy please?” She asked casually dropping the test sticks in the trashcan.

Emma’s eyes scanned the room and widened when they landed on the small pink and white box on the counter. Her eyes moved back to Elaine’s before pushing past her friend and reaching in to the trash and pulling one of the tests with a tissue. “What the hell is this?”

“It’s none of your business.” She responded with scared eyes.

“Are you pregnant?”

“I don’t know yet.” She answered her so quietly Elaine wasn’t sure Emma had even heard her….well until she started to yell.

“You’ve got to be f**king kidding me!” Elaine moved back to sit on the toilet and lowered her head to hands. Being lectured was not the thing she needed right now. “What in the f**k were you thinking? Didn’t you use any f**king protection!” Elaine cringed. She hated it when Emma used such strong language. “Are you even listening to me?”

“Get out."

Emma stopped her tirade for a moment and leaned forward when she heard Elaine speak. “What?”

Elaine raised her head to look up at her friend. “I said leave.”

“Leave?” Emma questioned as though the word was no where to be found in her vocabulary. “Are you kicking me out?”

“Yes.” She answered coldly. “This is not easy on me and having you here yelling at me about how stupid I am is not helping, so get out.”

“Fine; I’ll leave.” She answered all too calmly. “But when you do find out for sure that your pregnant, don’t come running to me for a shoulder to cry on cause I won’t be there.”

~*~*~*~*~

Clutching her purse tightly Elaine followed the nurse back to the exam room. She had never been so nervous about anything in her life. She didn’t know what she would do if the test results were confirmed. She was terrified “You can go ahead and change into this gown and the doctor will be with you shortly.”

“Thank you.” Elaine forced a smiled and hurriedly undressed. She always felt like the doctor was going to come barging in just as she got her clothing off. She laughed at her silly behavior and boosted herself onto the examining table.
As soft knock followed by the door slowly opening drew Elaine’s attention away from her thoughts. “Hello there Elaine, it’s nice to see you again.” Dr. Wallace smiled, courteously shaking her hand. “It’s been awhile.”

“Yes it has.” She replied taking his offered hand and taking notice to how cold they were. “I just want to thank you for taking my appointment on such short notice; I know your schedule is very full.”

“It was no problem.” Dr. Wallace chuckled. “Your mother is a good friend of mine and I would do anything for her.” Dr. Wallace had been Elaine’s mother doctor since she could remember, that is until he moved out to LA for his wife. “So what are in for?” He asked looking over her chart. “Just a physical?”

“Well I’ve missed my last period and I just wanted to make sure everything was okay.”

“How late are you?”

“Four weeks yesterday.”

He raised his snow-white eyebrows at her confession. “Four weeks, huh? Is it possible that you are pregnant?”

“Very.” She whispered. “I took three home tests and they all came up positive.”

“I see.” He nodded scribbling some notes in her chart. “Well we’ll run some tests to see if those tests were correct.”

“Okay.”

“Just follow me and we’ll get started.”


TBC......PLEASE REVIEW!!!!!!


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki