Headliners and Legends by Mattison30


Number of reviews: 45
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Author’s Note: Sorry this chapter is not written very well nor is it very long but I've been busy and only had a few minutes to throw this together. I promise the next update will be MUCH better. Please review anyway. Thanks to all my readers!


Chapter 7: Tears and Revelations


“Thanks for meeting me here.” Elaine breathed as she nervously picked at her nails.

The man sitting across the booth from her rolled his eyes and pulled his hat lower on his head.

“Whatever.” He mumbled. “Let’s just get this over with.”

Okay, she deserved that. She knew when she called Justin he would give her the cold shoulder. She wasn’t all that nice to him the last time they spoke and she probably would have acted the same if the roles had been reversed. \

It took quite a bit of convincing just to get JC to let her talk to him let alone getting Justin to actually meet her. It was a mystery how she gained the courage to even call, but Justin deserved to know.

“Right,” She sighed taking a deep breath. “I’m just gonna come right out and say it……I’m pregnant.” Elaine squinted her eyes and lowered her head waiting for him to blow.

*Silence*

*Silence*

She opened her eyes and looked at Justin expectantly. “So?” He said nonchalantly looking at her over his glass as he sipped at his soda.

“Soooo, I’m pregnant.” Elaine repeated. What was wrong with him? Sure she may have said some things the other day that upset him but he was just being a prick right now.

“What’s your point?”

“The point is I am going to have your baby and I thought you might like to know. Apparently I was wrong.” She had to fight to keep her voice down; he was making her so angry. “I mean I was sure you would be shocked but I thought you would still be supportive.”

Justin snorted through his nose and stood to slip his coat back on. “I don’t believe you.”

“You think I would lie to you about something like this?” She did yell this time.

“Keep your voice down.” He whispered heatedly grabbing Elaine by the arms and forcing her back down in the booth trying to hide from prying eyes.

“Don’t you tell me what to do Justin Timber”” The rest of her sentence was muffled by Justin’s hand. Was she trying to get him mobbed? He leaned into her so close she could feel his lips moving against her ear.

“I’m not an f**king idiot Elaine. I see people like you every f**king day.” He whispered forcefully. “You make up lies to get what you want; fame, fortune, money. Well newsflash Laney, your game didn’t work this time.”


~*~*~*~


Elaine wiped her eyes tiredly trying rid herself of any trace of the tears she had cried for the last two hours. How could Justin be so…so cold….so insensitive? She was going to have to do this on her own. She would be twenty by the time the baby was born; not even old enough to buy a beer.

Shaking herself from her thoughts she pushed her apartment door open and flipped on the lights.

“Surprise!” Startled, Elaine dropped her purse and the baby books and brochures the doctor had given her. Emma ran straight for her pulling her into a hug.

“I am so sorry for how I treated you the other day. I know that you are going through a lot right now and as your bestest friend I am behind you one-hundred and ten percent.”

That about did it for Elaine; she just burst into tears. She may not have Justin’s support but she had her best friends. And from looking around the living room she also had the support of all her other friends.

“Hey Lil’ L.” Abby smiled through her tears. Seeing her little sister so emotional was hard for her. “I’m behind you too.”

“Thank you.” Elaine smiled back embracing her sister as well. “I can’t believe you came all the way out here.”

“It’s not everyday my sister is pregnant.” She teased pulling Elaine into the baby-themed room.

Elaine couldn’t believe Emma had got to so much trouble for her. The living room was full of pink and blue balloons as well as banners and gifts. Maybe everything would turn out alright after all.


TBC......Please Review!


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki