Headliners and Legends by Mattison30


Number of reviews: 45
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Chapter 9: A Little Help Please


Okay, well I officially take back all the horrible things I said about being pregnant. I am laying here in the hospital holding my baby boy in my arms. I never thought I could ever feel so much love for anyone so fast and so strong.

He is so beautiful.

Fourteen hours of labor was a bitch but my baby boy is gorgeous. I know I’m a little bias but I would have to say he’s the epitome of perfection.

“How’s the new mommy?”

I smile broadly at Emma as she and Abby along with my parents enter the room. They all surround my bed cooing at the boy in my arms. “She’s tired.” I laughed. “But extremely happy.”

“I can’t believe my baby sister just had a baby.” Abby said running her fingertips lightly over the baby’s head. “So what’s the verdict on the kid’s name?”

“I can’t decide.” I whine. I can’t; I thought it would be easy once I saw his face but isn’t. You know I was thinking Jacob but then I realized that his name would be Jacob Jacobs. I couldn't do that to the poor thing. And as for Ethan....he just doesn't look like and Ethan. I'm so confused. I could really use his father right about now.

“How about Maurice?” My mom suggests, “After your grandfather?”

I scrunch my nose but offer a small smile to my parents. “No offense but he just doesn’t look like a Maurice.” Plus the name sounds about thirty years to old for him, I add silently to myself.

“Well you can’t just call him baby.” Emma giggles. I roll my eyes playfully at her.

“I’ll figure it out. Chill.” A throat was cleared across the room and all eyes turned to look at the tall figure. “JC?”

What the hell is he doing here?

“I called Emma and she told me you were here.”

I turn my eyes to Emma and glare at her. She smiles nervously. I can’t believe this. I don’t want to think about him right now and having JC standing over me is not helping one bit.

“What is going on Elaine?” My mother asks stepping in front of JC. “Is this the father?”

“No!” We both answer at the same time. Why does she always have to jump to conclusions? “Can ya’ll give us a few minutes?”

Everyone nods but reluctantly leave the room. Just as I am about to speak one of the nurses comes in informing me that that she needs to take my still nameless baby from be so that both of us can rest. I begrudgingly hand over my precious child and watch the nurses retreating back before turning to give JC my attention.

“Did you come alone?” I ask almost instantly rolling my eyes at the line I fed him. I sound like I just stepped out of a really bad movie. “I mean is he here with you?”

I can’t bring myself to say his name; how pathetic am I?
He shakes his head and moves to sit in the chair located to the right side of my bed. “How are you feeling?”

“Amazing.” I smile at him which he returns. “I just gave birth to the most perfect little boy I have ever laid my eyes on.” I can feel tears of joy coming to my eyes.

Damn hormones.

“I’m glad. I only caught a quick glimpse of him but he was beautiful.” JC complimented with a large grin I could help but return.

“I don’t mean to sound rude or ungrateful but why exactly are you here JC?”

“To be honest I don’t really know.” He sighed running his hand through his thick brown hair. His hair is a lot longer than the last time I saw him. “I was just thinking about you the other day and then when I called you didn’t answer so I called Emma and she told me you went into labor. I just wanted to see you.”

That’s sweet of him. Why couldn’t I have slept with him?
Wait a dog-gone minute”

“How did you get Emma’s number?” I ask with a smirk. When I see him blush up to his ears I know there’s something going on.

He scratches the back of his head nervously not meeting my gaze. “Well…uh…she just happened to pick up once time when I called you and we started talking and…uh…we exchanged numbers.”

That is too sweet.

I cannot believe Emma didn’t tell me about this. I will definitely have to have a talk with her later.

So now what? He’s just starting at his hands like they’re just the most interesting thing he’s ever laid his eyes on. What am I supposed to say? I still don’t get why he’s here. JC is not the one who knocked me up.

“I tried to talk to Justin again but he just wouldn’t listen.”

~*~*~*~

(Three Years Later)

“No.”

“What do you mean no?” My supervisor asked incredulously obviously taken back by my answer and obvious attitude. You remember Mr. Stephens right? Of course you do. He was a jerk.

“I mean what I said.” I reply re-crossing my legs. “I can’t do it.”

“I wasn’t asking Miss Jacobs””

He’s not asking my ass!

“If you would like to keep your position here you will do as I say.”

Is he threatening me? I think he is. I despise this man.

“Look we just don’t get along. There is a history here you know nothing about.”

“All I am telling you to do is sit in the interview and observe Jesse. He’s new and he needs your guidance.”

“But””

“Jesse and Mr. Timberlake are waiting….”


TBC.....Please review and let me know what you think!!!


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki