Walking Tall by Mattison30


Number of reviews: 140
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Chapter 19: Misunderstandings and a Kiss



“You’ve gotta be f**king kidding me!” I can’t stop myself from yelling. This is the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever heard. He didn’t call me because he has a girlfriend. And this girlfriend is supposedly jealous of me.


Okay so if there is in fact a girlfriend, why would she be jealous if I have not talked to him since they became a couple? Hmm? I think this is a load of crap. He’s lying through his perfectly white teeth.


“You wanna tell me the truth now Justin?” I ask crossing my arms over my chest. He looks a little caught off guard. I’m sure he thought he had me fooled…..you gotta get up pretty early in the morning to…. what’s the rest of that saying? That’s beside the point. I’ve known him entirely too long for him to be able to lie to me and get away with it.


“Mackenzie I….you…uh…. I can’t tell you.” He stutters running his hands over his head; a nervous habit of his. Another nervous habit he has is licking his lips. Oh God, that kills me. Like I need any help to draw my attention to him mouth.


“Why not?” I ask starting to get a little pissed off. “I don’t understand.”


“I just can’t alright? I came here to apologize and make things right between us. Will you just back the f**k off already!”


I’m taken aback at first. Justin has never yelled at me before. He’s never cursed at me before either. I’ve heard about his temper and how bad it could be but….I don’t know, I guess I never really believed it.


“Well you did a great f**king job Justin cause things are just f**king peachy between us now!”


He shakes his head and holds up his hands in an offensive manner. “I don’t have to take this crap.”


“I never asked you to come here!”


“Then I guess you won’t care when I do this!” He yells back before storming out the door slamming it loudly behind him.


Ass


~*~*~*~


Okay so that didn’t go over quite how I planned. Let me tell you how this was supposed to go down. I would go into Mackenzie’s room and she would, understandably, be pissed at me for not calling. Then I would apologize and she would forgive me as long as I never did anything like this again.


We would hug and maybe she would cry and then we’d watch a movie or something. Too bad things never go as planned. Instead of mending our friendship I made it ten million times worse. I f**king yelled at her. And then I swore at her. And then I stormed out like the f**king bastard I am. I knew I should have practiced my little lie before I went and did it.


And you know, my mom warned me about this. She said that I better be careful about what I say to Mackenzie because she knows me well enough to know when I’m lying. How do moms know this stuff? And how many times does my mom have to be right before I take her advice? I should call Mamma and get some of that advice right about now.


I walk away from Mackenzie’s closed door and into the living room….ugh…were I find a very disturbing sight. It’s Enrique. He’s doing aerobics or something similar to that. He’s wearing a hot pink leotard. I curl my lip in disgust. I want to look away but I just can’t…..it’s like a horror film you watch through your fingers. You know you’ll have nightmares but you just have to watch.


“It go no well?” Enrique asks breaking me from my thoughts. He flips off the television and sits on the couch patting the seat next to him. I hesitantly walk to him and lower myself to the sofa, positioning myself on the edge farthest from him. “Kenzie can be….how you say, stubborn, no?”


I lick my lips and nod. “I made things twice as bad as they were before.”


“Justin,” He says my name although it sounds more like Ustin, and scoots closer to me so that he can put his hand on my leg. Too close Enrique. “Why don’t you tell me why Kenzie is upset with you?”


If you move your f**kin’ hand off my leg I will, I want to say but stop myself. He’s just trying to be comforting I’m sure. I try to get my mind off the uncomfortable feelings I’m experiencing and just talk to him like a friend. “I’ve been avoiding her since I left to finish my tour.”


“¿Por qué?”


I think that means why. “I don’t really what to talk about it.”


He gasps. What? “I think I understand,” He nods moving even closer to me. “I had a feeling about you. I saw the way you were looking at me while I did aerobics.” He says with what I think is a flirty wink. Puke! I shudder at the thought.


Oh”my”God….is he implying that I’m…..no….he can’t honestly think that…..I am not gay! And I was most definitely not checking him out! I told you it was like the horror movie.


I jump up from the couch in full panic mode. He gets up as well and starts making his way over to me. What the f**k is he doing? I jump when my back hits a wall. I do not like the way he is looking at me. I look to the side hoping, praying that Mackenzie will come rolling through that doorway; either that or I get struck by lightning.


“Usted es un speciman fino.” What the hell did he just say to me? As I try to move away from the wall Enrique grabs my face with both of his hands and yanks my face down to his level before smashing his lips against mine.


“Oh my God!”


Oh my God is right! I push Enrique off of me with all of my might sending him flying to the floor. I need a toothbrush….no, soap……no, bleach! That was the most digesting thing that has ever…. I can’t even form complete sentences.


“Sorry if I interrupted.” I finally turn my head towards Mackenzie who had yelled out the ‘oh my God’ earlier. She has her hand over her open mouth and I call tell she’s holding back laughter. She better not laugh…..


She’s laughing.


“No, Mackenzie, this is not what it looks like.” I stutter furiously wiping at my tainted lips. I can’t believe a guy just f**king kissed me.


“I’ll just leave you two alone so you can get back to…” She trails off making a disgusted yet amused face. “Whatever it was you were just doing.”


“No!” I yell out reaching for her chair. I don’t want to be left alone with him. He might try that again. She glares at me before focusing her gaze on my hand that is latched onto her arm. I give her my best puppy dog look even though I know it has no affect on her anymore. I know she’s mad but is she really that mad at me that she would put me through this kind of torture? That’s just plain cruel.


“I thought you were leaving.”


“I think we still have a lot to talk about.”


“And?” She smirks.


“And….I’m sorry?”


“And?” She is loving this. She would just love to leave me here with him again. Ugh…


“And……I….am….ready to tell you the truth now?”


She smiles towards Enrique. “Will you excuse us for a minute?”


Enrique nods and grabs a few magazines and a towel he had draping over a chair and starts towards the kitchen. On the way out he takes it upon himself to goose me. I want to punch him. I shutter again before sitting down opposite Mackenzie who is desperately trying to stop herself from laughing. I’m glad she finds my discomfort so amusing.


“So?” She prompts.


I lick my lips; a nervous habit of mine Mackenzie can’t stand. “I’ll just get straight to the point here. I won’t beat around the bush.” I pause trying to collect my thoughts. “You remember that time we took that Cosmo quiz; well I wanted to kiss you then.”


“Oh…” I see her eyes widen and move my gaze to my feet before I lose my nerve.


“And that time I had you feel my stomach, I wanted to kiss you…”


“My…” She gasps.


“And when I first saw you today, I wanted to kiss you then too.”


“God…”


“And whenever I see you smile or hear you laugh,” I chuckle lightly feeling as though a huge weight is being lifted off my shoulders as these words spill from my mouth. “And when you frown or cry. When I just look at you or think about you….I wanna kiss you.”


“Oh my God….”


I’m too afraid to look up at her. I’m afraid of how she’ll look at me or what she’ll say. I’m afraid of rejection and ruining what we have.


I’m just f**king scared, period.



TBC......


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki