This Time Around by Gracy


Number of reviews: 110
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


The sun is peaking through the partially open curtains. I smile as it lightens her face up. She’s still sleeping with the covers to her neck. It was a fairly cold night out last night. But we were comfortable. We slept like babies in each other’s arms. She stirs and her mouth opens and closes and she settles back into sleep as I rub her back and push the hair out of her face.

She’s not the most beautiful woman on the earth. But she has this aura around her that just... glows. There’s nothing more that I’d love just to have her by my side.

Forever.

I slid out of bed without making a sound and creep out into the hall way with my cell phone in hand. The stairs squeak slightly and I flinch and stay still to listen to her.

There's no sound.

I sigh and walk on the right side of the stairs leaning against the wall. Finally I reach the bottom without another squeaky step.

I make he coffee and I open the fridge and look around. Leftovers. Hey, there’s steak in there. Al least she ate well when I wasn’t here. I grab the steak and four eggs and start the cooking.

A half-hour later I’m done and I place it in the microwave and let it run for five minutes to keep it warm while I pull out my cell phone. I have to talk to someone. I dial my mom’s number and wait for it to answer. There’s no answer at all.

She must be out, or she’s sleeping.

I sigh as I shut the phone and think about taking the food up to her. I shake my head and dial Trace’s number. One ring and he’s there. “What Lake?”

“Hey man. What’s shakin’?”

“Not much, eatin’ skittles.” I can hear him chew loudly and I shake my head with laughter. “What are you doing? I heard about Lauren’s mom. Send her my condolences for me will you?”

I nod. “Sure I’ll tell her when she wakes up.”

You stayed with her huh? The friends with benefits thing or what?”

“Or what.” I laugh. I hear the floor squeak above me and I smile. “I gotta go man. Talk to you later.”

“All right. Bye.”

I chuck the phone in the drawer and stand I the doorway of the kitchen. She looks at me strangely as she stops in front of me. “Can I get a glass of water?”

“Yeah.” I nod. “Hungry?”

“A little.” She nods. She grabs a cup and busies herself with getting ice as I take out the food from the microwave. She gets the water and doesn’t pay attention to me as I stand there with both plates in hand. As she turns around she stops and turns back around to place the glass of water on the counter. “What’s that?” She smiles.

“Breakfast.” I smile as I hand her hers.

She takes it and sniffs it and looks at it funny. “Is it poison?”

“No.” I laugh. “Here.” I grab a fork and take a bit out of her steak and eggs and swallow. “See?”

She smiles and kisses my cheek. “Thank you.”

“You’re welcome.” I place my plate down and she follows in suite as she sets it beside mine on the counter. My arms wrap around her waist and our lips meet with a delicate soft kiss. “I love you.”

“Mmm.” She smiles. “I love you too. But I’m hungry.” She laughs as she lets g of me and grabs her plate.

“I hope you enjoy it.” I smile as an idea pops into my head. “How about breakfast in bed?”

She stops walking and turns around and smiles. “That’s a good idea.”

We head up the stairs and turn on the TV and climb back into bed and eat our breakfast. As we finish we place the plates on her dresser and lay in each other’s arms. This day is the most relaxing day or my life. I smile and yawn but she smiles and winks.

I laugh and she laughs. “What do you want to do?”

“I’ll give you two hints.” I smile as I kiss her. “There’s one.” I laugh. She giggles and I feel her hands on my shirt lifting it over my head. “Yeah, you got number tow. You win.”

“I always win.” She laughs as she throws the covers over our heads.





The sun is fully shining through the open curtain and it’s aimed at my face. But the golden glow on Justin is priceless. I lean on my elbow and trace the outline of the glow softly. The sun never hits his face because he’s facing me, so its in my eyes, but my eyes are locked on his face, and nothing is going to erase this memory from my mind. Not even the damn blinding sun.

A melody slowly comes into my mind and I remember the lyrics clearly Love songs always mean something to me. I was always wanting to understand and really eel those lyrics. And this time, I do.

He turns on his back and I trace the muscles in his chest and stomach “I can feel the magic floating in the air. Being with you gets me that way.” I smile. “I watch the sunlight dance across your face and I, I’ve never been this swept away.”

His eyes flutter but I sing softly and he closes them once more. “All my thoughts just seem to settle on the breeze. When I’m lying wrapped up in your arms. The whole world just fades away, the only thing I hear--” my head lays on his chest and I smile. “Is the bating of your heart.”

His arm wraps around me and he sighs deeply. “And I can feel you breathe, it’s washing over me. Suddenly I’m melting into you.” I sigh and close my eyes as I hum the rest of the song.

“Caught up in... the touch.” I yawn. “Slow and steady rush.... and baby isn’t that...” yawn and close my eyes. “The way love’s suppose to be.... I can feel you....” My eyes are heavy and i can feel sleep taking over. “Breathe.”

The last thing I can feel, is his deep breathing and heartbeat in my ear.













I sigh and wipe my eyes as I look at the clock. It’s three o’clock in the afternoon and we’re still in bed sleeping. I wonder what time we feel asleep? I look beside me and smile at the sight. She’s aake smiling at me. “Good afternoon.”

“Good afternoon.” She smiles. “ow was your sleep?”

“How was yours?”

She laughs softly. “Good.”

“I heard you singing. Nice.” My hand reaches out and brushes back a strand of hair.

She blushes softly and I smile. “I was just having fun.”

“I can tell.” I smile. I can’t help it.

She smiles. She can’t help it either.

“So...”

“No.” I shake my had and take her into my arms. “I just want this day to last. Jut like this. Just as we are.”

“In the bed?” She laughs softly.

“Yeah.” I nod as I kiss her forehead. “In the bed. Together.”

“Lying. Sleeping. Watching TV.” She chuckles.

“And,” I look down at her. “making love.” I kiss her hair and she sighs. I don’t know if it’s a sigh of happiness or not. “Are you happy?”

She chuckles softly as she kisses my stomach. “Yes.”

“How much?” I can’t help but ask.

She looks up at me and kisses me softly. “More than you’ll ever know.”

I smile and kiss her back. “Good.” And yeah, I’m happy.











It’s fucking six o'clock. Shit. I fling the covers off of me and run to the bathroom to pee and rush down he stairs after not flushing the toilet. The phone starts to ring and I can’t find the damn thing. Fucking idiot. Damn phone from hell I swear!

Finally I reach it and turn it on. “Hello?”

“Lauren?”

“Yeah. That's my name. Don't wear it out.” I laugh softly but it quickly fades as I run back up stairs. I forgot I was in my underwear and bra. Fucking shit. I fling open the door and Justin jumps. “Do you know who this is? or have you forgot?”

“I don’t know.” I reply. Honestly, I’m not good with names.

“Lauren Nichols.”

This woman is pissing me off. “Well what can I say? I suck at remembering names.” I shrug and try to get my jeans on with Justin eyeing me. “Would you quit!” I yell. But all he does is smiles and watches.

“Are you talking to me?”

“No ma’am.” I shake my head. Fucking lady, just tell me who you are. I don’t have time for this. I’m late.

“Susan McCain.”

I freeze. “Susan? McCain you say?”

“That’s right Lauren.” Her voice is tense. I close my eyes and literally cringe. “I know I’m late.”

“Very.” She’s unpleased. I don’t blame her.

“I’ll be there in ten minutes.” I sigh. I cant very well put on my shirt while being on the phone. I can’t be rude to this woman. She’s deciding my fate here.

“Ten minutes Mrs. Nichols.” The tone dies and I sigh as I turn it off and throw it at Justin.

“Who turned off the alarm?” I throw my shirt over my head and grab my socks and shoes and sit on the foot of the bed.

“Me. I told you i wanted a whole day with just you and me. In this bed.” He’s kissing my neck. he knows my weakness.

I shove him backwards and hear him crack his head on the board. I cringe at the sound and he’s going to cuss, I know it.

“FUCK!”

“I’m sorry.” I walk to his side and look at it. A lump is already starting to form. “I really am sorry Justin. But I have to go.” I kiss the bump and his cheek and race down the stairs.

He must think I’m nuts.

Undoubtedly, I know I am.

I throw open the door and run after the dog that just sit in my yard and run to my car. damn, I have five minutes to get there. no more, no less.

My career in something I love is in her hands.

Whoa.

I’m in deep shit here.

Big time.



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki