This Time Around by Gracy


Number of reviews: 110
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


He’s starring at me, undoubtedly trying to figure out where we’re going. We ran all the way to the terminal and the flight attendant thought we were terrorist trying to catch the plane.

What can I say? She was a blonde. Oh wait, so am I, hehe.

“What?” I turn to him because he's making me nervous. He needs to learn some manners. Like it’s not polite to stare.

“Where are we going?”

I open my bag of peanuts and hand him one. Only one. Because he’s been a bad boy. Very bad. “Didn’t you hear the pilot?”

“No.” He eats it quickly. “Because you covered my ears.”

“Did I do that?” I smile and snort like Steve Erkle and he laughs. I think he’s going to spit back out his peanut. Luckily he doesn’t.

That would have been gross.

“Shut up.” He opens his bag of peanuts and the stewardess walks up and takes our order.

“White wine please.” I smile. She nods and walks off. Hey, she’s a brunette, she has class. Oh, I did it again; I’m putting myself down.

“What’s the occasion?”

“You’ll see.” I smile as I pop in another peanut. This plane ride is going to be a long ride.

She comes back with our wine and I hold up my glass. “To success.”

He looks at me strangely but obliges anyhow. We both take a drink and place it back down. “Well?”

“I got a job.” I nod.

“Yeah?” He nods. “I knew that. Doing what?”

I smile as I look up at him. “Painting in foreign countries.” I shriek with happiness and drink the rest of my wine.





Painting, in foreign countries. That’s... nice. No really, I am happy for her. But painting, in foreign countries. That means she’ll be far away for most or all of the year.

What will I do with myself?

She’s looking at me for approval and I smile. “Congrats.”

“Yeah.” She squeals and I smile.

“Where are we heading?” I sip on my wine, but it doesn’t taste as good anymore. Kind of like rusty water. It’s nasty.

“Ireland.” She smiles. I don’t think I’ve ever seen her this happy before.

It makes me kind of sad.

“Cool.” I nod. “What are you going to paint?”

“You know, I don’t know yet. I’ll find out when I get there.” She nods. She’s excited. I’m excited for her.

I sigh and grab the headphones and watch the rest of Joe Black as she giggles and talks to herself. I don’t think she’s noticed.

I don’t think she’s noticed that I’m not listening. That I’m not hearing her.

I don’t think she’s noticed at all.





We just landed in Dublin. It’s so beautiful. Of course all I’ve seen is the airport so far. But we're hailing a taxi now. “Where to ye miss?”

I smile. “Doolin.” I nod and grab Justin’s hand. He squeezes it and we laugh together as the taxi takes off.

This is going to be one hell of an adventure.

“Doolin. I go there every Tuesday night. Great place. Ye just visitin’?”

“Yeah.” I nod. Justin nods too. “I’m a painter.”

“Oh a painter is ye? He smiles from the rearview mirror. “Ye need to go to the Shannon River and paint it. It’s a grand sight to see when the sunsets.”

“Sounds romantic.” I smile. Everything in Ireland sounds romantic.

“Oh it is.” He nods. “Lots of youngin’s go down and play in the water, share their first kiss. And then some.” He laughs. “But that’s love.”

Justin nods. “Yeah. That’s love.”

Ten minutes later he stops and we stand before a grand building made of bricks and stones. The music is loud and the cheers are too. “Thank you.” I had him a twenty and he smiles.

“Have fun.”

I nod and we walk inside. The place is full of Irishmen and women. Little kids running around and young girls dancing in a circle. “This is nice, huh?”

Justin nods. “Yeah.”

“Let’s get an Irish beer.” I smile as I drag him to the bar.

“It’s strong.” He’s leaning against the bar and I smile as I caress his cheek.

“That’s fine.”

“O'Malley's the name. Baretnedin’ is the game. What can I do for ye?”

“A beer.” I smile. I turn to Justin and he nods.

“A beer.”

“A pint?”

“Sure.” I nod. But it was too late when Justin shook his head.





She ordered a pint. That's a huge no-no. Ireland’s beer is the strongest out there. Same with Irish coffee. She must be nuts. She ordered a PINT!

We have yet to find a hotel, but I think she said something about one already being booked. Where it’s located at. I don't know.

She’s drunk off her ass. She’s out there dancing with those girls in the circle.

It reminds me of a ritual.

I stand up and head towards her. A slow song comes on and she wraps her arms around my neck. “I love you.”

I shake my head with a soft smile. “I love you too Laur.” I lick my lips and kiss her cheek. “But we need to find that hotel.”

“It’s a cottage. It’s a bed and breakfast cottage.” She laughs. “It’s so tiny.” She shows it with her index finger and thumb.

I think she’s lost her mind.

“I think it was the picture that was tiny Laur.”

“No.” She shakes her head. She smiles up at me and kisses my lips softly. “I’m glad.”

“Glad of what?” We’re still dancing. Why? I have no clue.

“Glad that I have you.” She kisses me again. “Glad that you love me.” Again, she kisses me. “Glad that I am not afraid to love you anymore.” Once again, she kisses me.

“Must you kiss me?” I laugh.

She laughs too. Her laugh is so light and care free. So sweet. It’s music to my ears. “Yes. I could kiss you for a lifetime.”

“That’s nice. But we have to go. Do you remember what the cottage was called?”

“What cottage?”

Oh boy, we’re in trouble.

“The cottage we’re staying at?”

“Hmm.” She giggles. “Nope.” She laughs. “But it was tiny.”

I sigh and walk over with her beside me and sit her down. “Can you stay right here for a moment?”

“Uh huh.” She hiccups. “Can I have another beer?”

“No.” I shake my head. “No more beer.”

“It was good.” She smiles.

“Yeah, until morning.” I walk away and up to the bar. The guy from earlier comes up and I ask him for a phone book.

“What’s the place?”

“She doesn’t remember the name.” I sigh. “She’s like that when she’s out of it.”

“Oh.” He laughs. “A bed and breakfast ye say?”

“Yeah.” I nod. The music is still loud and it’s well into the night.

“Must be Black Cherry.” He nods. “Want me to call ye a taxi?”

“Yes please.” I nod.

He walks away and I turn around and she’s on the floor once again dancing. I run my hands down my face and sigh.

Oh, this is one hell of a night.



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki