This Time Around by Gracy


Number of reviews: 110
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


“Ugh.” I knew it.

“Want some coffee?”

“Toilet.” I sit up straight and my head is spinning as it pounds. Man, what did I do last night?

“It’s right over there.” Justin points to the open door. My stomach turns upside down and I hold my hand over my mouth as I run towards it. Just hearing the sound makes me want to throw up again. Flushing the toilet I wash my mouth and brush my teeth and walk back out.

Justin’s standing by the door with a cup of hot coffee for me. I take it and take a sip. It burns all the way down. But it’s good.

Really good.

“Aspirin?”

I nod and watch as he gets two out of the bottle and hands them to me. I place them in my mouth and down them with coffee.

Big mistake.

“Ow.” I moan as I hold my head. I don't know what’s worse. My head or my throat.

“I tried to stop you.” He smiles.

“What did I drink?”

“Beer.”

“Nothing different.” I lay down and cover my face with my arm. The sun is killing me.

“Yeah it is different. We're in Ireland. And it’s Irish beer. Big difference.”

I’d say so. “The sun.” I moan. “It’s so bright.”

“That’s Ireland for you. Look outside.” He smiles.

I moan and stand on my knees and look out the window. The sight is so beautiful never-ending rolling hills. As green as anything I’ve ever seen. I’m speechless.

“Nice huh?”

I turn to him with a smile. My headache has magically disappeared. Maybe it was a leprechaun that was sympathetic to me. “It’s... beautiful.” He nods, and I know he’s happy for me, if not he’s just happy to see me happy. I sigh and jump out of bed and hug him close to me. “I love you so much.” I smile and kiss his lips gently. “Please forgive me.”

I let go and run to the bathroom after grabbing some clothes. “For what?”

“I have to paint that.” I smile as I come out five minutes later dressed and ready to go. “I have to get that perfect scenery. It’s so beautiful; it’s like a breath of fresh air.” I can’t believe I’m this happy.

He nods. “There’s breakfast downstairs. The woman’s really nice. Miss O’Connor.” He nods again. “You need to at least grab something on the way out.”

“Okay.” I smile and kiss his cheek. While he was jabbering I was getting my canvas and paint and brushes. “I’ll be back in a few hours. You can do whatever you please.” I smile.

“Okay.” He nods. “I will.”

“I will too.” I smile back at him as I shut the door.




“Love shack; baby love shack...” I dance around still drinking my coffee. She’s in view from the window. She’s sitting there just painting away. I know not to bug her, so I stay up here and watch while listening to an oldie station. Love Shack by whoever is on. As you can see I’m having loads of fun here.

Here, in the midst of Ireland. Where the hills roam on forever and the cliffs sing a sad love song of people lost out at sea.

Ain’t that some crap?

I love Ireland, don't get me wrong. But the first day here and she’s out there painting instead of sight seeing. You can work Laur, but all work makes you a dull girl.

Oh no. Wait a minute. Some farmer is walking towards her. She's standing and shaking his hand. What’s this? A hug? Oh, he’s crazy. Yeah. Pure and simple. Pull away Lauren. Pull away.

I place my coffee cup on the table and grab my shoes without letting my eyes drift from the window. I hurriedly get them on and run down stairs and out the door. It’s a quaint little cabin and Mrs.. O'Connor is waving, trying to get my attention.

But the only thing on my mind is having that farmer boy let go of my girl.

“Lauren?”

She turns and her smile diminishes quickly. She knows I am not happy right now. But what she doesn’t know is that I saw her from the window upstairs. If I told her that, she’d convict me of spying. Which, I know, I was.

“Justin, hey. This is Brian Dudley. Brian this is my--”

“Boyfriend.” I smile as I extend my hand. He has a firm grasp, and his shaking is good too. Yeah, I can beat him.

“Justin.” She grits between her teeth at me. “He’s a major in Painting from the university of--” she turns to him with a sympathetic smile. “I’m sorry, what was it again?” She laughs softly.

She’s flirting.

She’s FLIRTING!

He smiles back. “It’s quite all right miss. It’s Tipperary institute.” He nods. “And you?” He turns to me.

I smile. “Musician.”

“Really? Music is that much of a.... Culture in America?”

Watch it buddy boy. “Yeah it is. In fact. I travel all around the world.”

“Is that so? So do I.”

We’re at a stand off.

I look at he canvas and see that it is finish and turn to Lauren. “We’re late.”

“Late? Late for what?” She laughs.

“Brunch... or whatever.” I take her hand and she hurriedly grabs her canvas and utensils before I drag her off.

She laughs softly. “Nice to meet you Brian.”

I’m sure he’s smiling. “Nice to meet you too Lauren, you too Lauren's boyfriend.” He’s laughing.

“It’s Justin.” I yell across my shoulder as I drag her into the cottage.

Damn Irishmen.



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki