This Time Around by Gracy


Number of reviews: 110
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


“Isn't this nice?” I sigh. “Being out here underneath the stars.” I smile as a cow moos in the background. “With cows mooing.” I laugh

He laughs along with me and holds me close. The blanket is so comfortable it’s like it’s made with cashmere or something. “It is nice.”

I nod and snuggle into him as soft breeze drifts by and I smile as it tumbles through my hair. “I love this. All the painting and sight seeing and star gazing. It’s nice.”

“It is nice.”

My brows raise and I look up at him. “Something wrong?”

“No.” He shakes his head.

“I have a feeling there’s something wrong. "I sit up and lean on my elbows. “What is it?”

“Nothing’s wrong. I swear.” His smile lifts my spirits slightly, but it doesn’t last and either does the lift.

“No something is wrong. You never lied to me before, why are you stating now?”

“I’m not lying to you Laur. But maybe it’s the other way around.” His eyes never meet mine.

How rude.

“What are you talking about?”

“Brian.” His voice is laced with resentment and anger.

Well shit.

“What about him?”

He sighs and gets up on his feet. “Nothing. Let’s just drop it. I’m tired. I’m going to bed, you coming?” I stare at him and I don’t answer. “Okay, well. I’ll see you in the morning then.” He turns and walks away and my mouth is left hanging open.

There’s a gap between us and I don’t know what caused it.

Maybe it was Brian.

Maybe it was Justin.

Or maybe, just maybe, it was me.

I wish I knew.

I grab my blanket and head towards the cottage with my head down. He knows I hate walking around in the dark outside. It makes me feel like someone is watching me.

Or maybe someone is.

I look up towards our room and see the light on and his shadow by the window. I sigh and shake my head. I continue to walk towards the cottage, going inside and up the short flight of stairs and into our room. When I open the door the lights are off and he’s in bed.

He’s either sleeping, or pretending to be sleeping.

I shed my clothes after placing the blanket back into my bag and get into bed. I try to snuggle up to him but he doesn’t want me to.

Hr’s giving me the cold shoulder.

Ouch. That sucks.

I frown and turn on my side.

My back facing his back.

And we sleep this way for the rest of the night.





Don’t get me wrong. I love Lauren. I do. But these last few days have gotten to me. The whole painting in foreign countries thing and the whole Brian guy hitting on her. It’s true I have no real stake on her like an engagement. But still.

It just hurts to know when she’s gone and I can't be with her that guys will come up to her and hit on her.

And Lauren flirts. I mean she FLIRTS. She’s a master at flirting. She’s a god damned professional.

I’m going crazy I swear. They need to just lock me up in a padded room and throw away the key because I’ve completely lost it.

She’s out there now at the cliffs of Mauher painting. Which is cool. I told her I’d be with her in a few. I just need to calm down and collect myself and apologize for being an ass.

I’m such an ass.

Like before I’ve become Justin Timberlake the complete asshole. I felt bad for giving her the cold shoulder last night. Because lying under the stars I began to think about her traveling and me traveling and how this can not possibly work. I can’t possibly ask her to give up her job because of my insecurities.

And I can’t drop mine; I’ve worked too damn hard for this.

I run my hands down my face and sigh. “This is just... insane.”

Completely and utterly insane.






I turn around and smile softly. “Hey.”

“Hey.” He smiles lightly. It’s like he doesn't know me anymore, like he’s five and completely shy. Shy to me.

“So...”

“Yeah.” He nods and stuffs his hands in his pockets. “That looks good.”

I look at my almost finished painting and smile. “I think we can leave tomorrow. I got enough. The painting of the green hills and the rainbow and this. I think it’s enough. But I think if the sky is clear tonight. I'll paint the stars.”

“That’d be nice.” He nods.

“Yeah.” I smile. “What’s up?”

“Nothing.”

Things are awkward. Very awkward.

“I’m sorry.”

“I’m sorry.” We both laugh softly at saying the same thing at the same time. A lady in her mid thirties walks up and smiles at my painting.

“Lovely.” She smiles. “Do you know the story?”

I shake my head and smile. “No.”

“They say they were lovers. That she had to leave for America and that his parents wouldn’t let him go with her.”

I look to Justin and smile. He walks closer to me and I grab his hand.

“He was so grief stricken and no calls were made to either her or him. No letters and no sign or their love they had shared.” She sighs as the wind blows and lifts her hair up and around in the air. “He had come here one rainy night and sat on that very cliff.” She points to a cliff closer to the water. “He defined his love for her and jumped.” She shook her head. “Such a sad story.”

“Yeah.” I nod. I have tears in my eyes. “Ireland is full of stories isn’t it?”

“Lassie, you don’t know the half of it.” She laughs. “Have a nice day.”

“You too.” I nod and watch as she walks away. I look up at Justin and frown slightly. “I don't want that to happen to us.”

“What? Me jumping off a cliff?”

I smile. “No. Being separated. I don’t want that.”

He nods and gives me a hug. “I don’t either. And it won't.” He promises.

“I love you.” I hold onto his arm as we continue to hug.

“I love you too.”



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki