This Time Around by Gracy


Number of reviews: 110
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


How dare you say that my behavior is unacceptable?
So condescending unnecessarily critical
I have the tendency of getting very physical
So watch your step cause if I do you'll need a miracle


I walk into the hospital with my brand new CD and bop my head to the music. All the nurses know me; they smile every time I walk in. Saying, hi. How are you today Mr. Timberlake. Some even call me Justin.

That’s okay. No one is more special to me than Lauren.

And currently she isn’t here. Even when she said she would be. Something came up at Bella Painting and Susan called her in. Well pin a rose on her nose! I need Lauren more than she does right now.

The nurse nods and I smile. She’s going to inform doc that I’m here. How ice of her. Really. It is.

When it gets cold outside and you got nobody to love
You'll understand what I mean when I say
There's no way we're gonna give up
And like a little girl cries in the face of a monster that lives in her dreams
Is there anyone out there cause it's getting harder and harder to breathe
Is there anyone out there cause it's getting harder and harder to breathe


Dr. O comes out two minutes later and I follow him into the laboratory. They’re doing all kinds of tests to me today. They love torturing me. They just love it. I sit down and stick out my arm and watch as the push and probe and slap me skin to get a vein to come up. I turn down my music just for a minute. “It’s hard to find a vein with me. Just so you know.” I smile and place my music up on high again and close my eyes. Before I know it they’re done and I’m walking down to the radiology room.

The nurse tells me to chuck the headphones and I listen after hearing the chorus once more. Just for Pete's sake. I sing it out loud too.

HA! You know she loved that.






I can’t believe I’m in this god damn all white stuffy room full of over paid full-fledged bitches instead of being with Justin.

Ah, someone shoot me.

Now, please.

The stupid CD Justin played last night is practically burned in my brain. Maroon five with harder to breathe is all he played last night on the CD player. It drove me insane after the tenth time.

Of course I never told him to stop. Because that song grows on you the more you listen to it.

I start humming it and Susan gives me the death glare because I'm disturbing Mrs. big ass bitch up font on her lecture of Picasso and how to be like him or something. I smile softly and shrug.

I’m bored. What do you expect from a twenty-four year old?

What you are doing is screwing things up inside my head
You should know better you never listened to a word I said
Clutching your pillow and writhing in a naked sweat
Hoping somebody someday will do you like I did





The smile is bright and wide as I grab my purse and stand up. Everyone gasps as I head for the door. “Excuse me, where do you think you’re going Miss Nichols? The conference is not over yet.”

I turn around and flip my blond hair onto my left shoulder and smile. “I have somewhere to be that’s more important to me than sitting here listening to this bullshit from a non existent artist who thinks she knows it all Mrs.. Smith.” I smile. “So if you’ll excise me.”

“Now wait a minute Lauren.” Susan stands up and I stop and turn around to listen to what she has to say.

Because I’m in a fighting mood. So I suggest no one messes with me right now. So Susan, watch your step. “Yes Miss McCain? You have something to say to me?”

“I do indeed. I gave you this job because I thought you had the maturity for it. That you had the drive and integrity to do this. If you walk out of this room I swear--”

“Don’t swear Miss McCain. Lady’s don't do such a thing.” I grin.

“Don’t toy with me young lady.” Her voice is stern and I can’t help but laugh and look around at these old pitiful ladies. Why I ever accepted this offer is beyond me.

“I suggest to all of you to walk away with me. Because this is jut a bunch of CRAP!” I snap as I walk away.

“LAUREN!”

I smile and nod at Dave sitting at the front desk. He waves and gives me the thumbs up before Miss Susan comes out of the room chasing after me.

“LAUREN YOU’RE FIRED!”

Lady, you don’t know who you’re dealing with here.

I turn around and flick her off with my middle finger. "Because frankly I don’t give a damn. No Miss McCain. I QUIT!” I scream.

That scream felt good.

Real good.




I jump out of my car after quickly parking it at the curb. Some paramedics yell at me but I smile and they stop and allow me to go in. I run to the front desk and ask them if Justin Timberlake was still here. They told me where to go and I ran there as fast as I could. Bursting into the Radiation room the woman looks at me and glares. “I’m a friend of his.” I point to Justin lying on the table.

That has to hurt your back.

I cringe and she nods.

“You have to wait outside.”

I smile. “I can do that.”

I can do that.

I can wait.

I can wait.

I CAN’T WAIT!

The door opens and he laughs. “What is wrong with you?”

“What?” I stand up.

“Bursting into the room like that.” He laughs. “What’s wrong? Something wrong?”

“No.” I shake my head and laugh. “I quit.”

“What?” He looks at me, strangely. He’s confused.

I’m completely sane.

“I QUIT! I quit Bella Painting. I quit working for stuck up fat ass non-existent painting bitches!” I laugh. “I want to start my own gallery or freshly painted morals.”

“Are you completely nuts?” He laughs. “Where are you going to get the money for that?”

“There’s this cute little place down on Fifth Street by the market. You know across from Tony’s pizza? I want that place. I wanted it for as long as I could remember. The thing as... I forgot. I just plum forgot because my life was so hectic and crazy and insane and I forgot.” I throw my hands in the air with laughter.

People are staring now.

But I don’t care.

“I have that four grand Justin. Four grand will get me that place and the supplies I need. I just need a partner.”

“Don’t look at me.” He raises his hands. “I know nothing about painting or murals or whatever.” He laughs. “But if you really want that, go ahead and do it. If it makes you that happy.”

“It does.” I smile. “It does.”

He smiles. “I’m happy.”

“Me too.” I smile. I lock my arms around his neck and kiss him hard on the lips. “I love you Justin and I want to marry you.”

“Well that... well.... Okay.” He smiles and kisses me back.

Finally, everything is right.

Everything is perfect.

Nothing can mess this up.

Nothing.



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki