This Time Around by Gracy


Number of reviews: 110
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Oh my god.” She steps into the place and her mouth is wide open. Undoubtedly catching flies. Stops doing that, you’re scaring me.

“Well?” I ask hesitantly. “What do you think?”

“We’ll be doing a lot of work.” She sighs. “A lot.”

“That’s fine. Hard work. That I can do. You backing out of this... Marissa, please.”

She looks at me and smiles softly. Her features are so kind and gently. “I would never do that to you. I’m in for good. No backing out and no turning around.”

“Good.” I smile and hug her tightly. “It needs work, yes. But in no time this place will be like... our second home.”

She laughs. “Third.”

“What?” I look at her.

“Justin’s place is your second home.” She laughs.

“Yeah well...” I smile and bump into her shoulder playfully. “You know how that is.”

“So how are you two? Together or not together?”

“Together.” I smile. “Just... a little complications here and there.” I shrug. “No big deal though. We’re doing okay.”

“Wedding anytime soon?”

I smile and blush. “I told him the day before that I wanted to marry him.”

“What’d he say?” Her smile is bright. She’s always liked Justin as a friend. But nothing more. She has her won boyfriend. Two year and going strong.

“He said okay.” I shrug. “How are you and James?”

“We’re doing good. No engagement yet. But it’s in the near future. I can feel it.” She smiles. “He’s the one for me.”

“How can you tell?”

“Can’t you tell with Justin?”

Well... sort of. “Kind of.”

Her smile is gone as she looks at me. “What’s going on?”

“He’s such a sweet guy and you know about my past.” She nods. “We’re just having difficulties that’s all. Nothing huge.” I shrug. “He has a heart murmur and a a week ago he had a heart attack after he told me the news and I left and when I came back he was on the floor surrounded by blood.”

“Oh my god, is he okay?”

“He’s fine I suppose. The test results for the heart murmur aren’t back yet.” I sigh. “Just after... my mom died everything around me is spinning out of control.”

“Yeah.” She nods. “I can understand that.” She hugs me softly. “I’m sorry about your mom. She was really a nice woman.”

“Yeah. She liked you too.” I smile.

“Who couldn't?” She laughs.

It’s just like the old days.

Fun and carefree.





Ugh. Getting up at six in the morning to answer the damn non stop-ringing phone is torture. Then after that, realizing that you’re completely alone in bed is worse. She left a note though, lucky me.

Justin,

Went to get Marissa and go to Fifth Street to see OUR new place. So I’ll be back around noon. Love you.

Love,

Laur.

Isn’t she just the sweetest thing?

I rub my face and walk into the kitchen with my bare feet flapping on the cold linoleum. Opening the cupboard I find no cereal.

Damn her, damn her to hell.

I wipe the sleep from my eyes and go back up the stairs. The phone rings once more and I groan. Answer, or don’t answer. Reluctantly, I answer. “Hello?”

“Mr. Timberlake?”

“This is I.” I smile softly. “What can I do for you?”

“Your test results came back.” She sighs softly. “Can you come in today?”

“Uh.... Sure.” I nod. “Can I come in after noon?” I want Lauren with me. Am I selfish or what?

“Sure thing. Just make sure it’s today, okay?”

“Okay.” I nod and hang up. Damn hospitals. Why do they have to call in so early?

Walking upstairs I grab some clothes and head for the shower. As the steam engulfs the room it hits me.

My test results are back.

They want me to come in.

That’s bad.

I hop into the shower and let the hot water soothe my aching muscles.

This is not good.

Not good at all.





“So where is he?”

I shrug. “I don’t know. I left a note. I thought maybe he’d come down and see you.”

She sighs. “Yeah well. Maybe the test results came in.”

Bam!

I stop the car and get out.

Holy shit.

“Oh my god Lauren.” Marissa looks at the damage and shakes her head. “That’s going to cost.”

I nod. “Yeah. But my insurance isn’t going to pay for that damage.” I point to the car in front of me.

The man steps out and glares at us. “Who do you think you are?”

“Excuse me?”

I’m appalled.

“I said who do you think you are? You hit my car!”

“I’m sorry. But there's no sense in screaming.” I reply coarsely.

“You’re going to pay for that.” The man waves his finger in my face and points to his bumper.

“I will.” I say between clenched teeth. I walk to the car with Marissa standing there stunned and grab a pen and a pad of paper from the glove compartment. I write down my name, address, number and insurance company and hand it to him. “There. Happy?”

He looks at it and then back at me. “Expect a call from my lawyer.” I watch as he gets back in his car and drives away.

I cover my face with my hands and scream. “Damn it!”

“Are you okay?” Marissa’s hand gently lies on my shoulder.

I nod and turns to her. “Yeah.” I sigh. “Let’s go. I have to see if Justin is okay.”

What. A. Day. Ugh.


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki