This Time Around by Gracy


Number of reviews: 110
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


I open the door and drop my purse on the table. Marissa is still asking if I’m okay. And I repeatedly tell her I’m fine. It’s just like that with us. She’s always concerned and worried over anyone she care about. I hate to see her when she has kids.

God forbid.

“Justin?”

“I’m coming!”

I turn around and smile. “See everything is fine.”

“Hey.” He smiles as he walks into the kitchen. Freshly showered and shaved. Just the way I like him. “How are you?” He hugs Marissa and I smile.

“Doing good, and you?”

“Just fine.” He turns to me and kisses me softly. “Well how was it?”

“It needs work. But M said she’d do everything possible.” I smile. “Anyone call?”

“You two are married.” Marissa laughs.

I turn to her and smile crookedly. “Thanks.”

Justin laughs. “The hospital.”

“What’d they say?” I grab a pop and hand one to Marissa. Dr. Pepper. Oh, how I love this stuff.

“To come in and get the results.”

I freeze mid way from the can reaching my lips and look at him. I place the can on the counter and sigh. “When?”

“After you got back. OS whenever you’re ready.” He smiles.

“Okay.” I nod.

“Just drop me off at home.” Marissa pipes in.

I smile and hug her. She’s been so good to me over al these years. “How about dinner tonight? Or tomorrow? All four of us. You, James, Justin and me?”

“Sounds good. I’ll talk to James.” She smiles. “I’m ready whenever everyone else is.”

Justin smiles. “Let me put on some shoes.” He laughs.

I look down at his feet and smile. He’s wearing the polka dotted socks I bought him as a joke for Christmas last year. “Nice.” I smile.

“I like ‘em.” He laughs and runs off to get his shoes. Marissa smiles and laugh along with me.

“Okay.” I smile and grasp my keys and purse off the counter. I was hoping for some relaxation time but... oh well. “Let’s go.”





We both smile and wave as Lauren drops Marissa of at her apartment. We’re heading to the hospital now. I can tell by her face that something’s bothering her. “What’s wrong?”

“I hit a guy today.” She says softly.

“You hit a guy?”

“With my car.”

“Jesus Christ Lauren.” I sit back amazed. “Is he dead?”

She laughs softly. “No not that kind of hit. He was in his car and I was in mine.”

“What’d you hit?”

“The bumper.”

“His?”

“Yes.” She sighs.

“Shit.” I sigh and rub my face. “Is he going to sue?”

“I don’t know.” She shrugs. “He said to expect a call form his lawyer.”

“Okay.” I nod. “Don’t worry. It’ll be taken care of. Okay?”

“Okay.” She nods and pulls into the parking lot of Orlando Hospital.

We both get out and walk yup t the door and to the front desk. The woman tells us to wait in his office. I know exactly where that is. We walk hand in hand down there and sit in those chairs and wait for thirty minutes before he walks in. “How are you two doing?”

“Good.” Lauren nods.

“Okay.” I nod. “I could be better.”

He laughs softly. He’s a cool guy. “Well the test results are back.”

“Yeah. I received that call.” I smile. “What’s going on?”

“You’re left atria is damaged. I’m not sure for how long. But it’s damaged. We can try medication before surgery if you want. But surgery is the best way to go to fix this.”

Lauren covers her mouth as tears fall down silently.

I sit here in shock.

Pure shock.

“O--okay.” I sigh. “There's nothing else?”

“We already discussed this Justin, remember? Medicine or surgery. It’s all up to you.”

“Give me your honest opinion.” I say softly.

He sighs and scratches his beard. “Surgery is the best bet.”

“Can he uh... die?”

Nice Lauren, nice.

“There’s always that possibility yes. But it’s slim.” He nods.

“Anything else?”

I shake my head quickly. I’ve had enough.

Too much information for me.

“Come back in tomorrow with your answer and we’ll start okay?”

I nod and stand I grab Lauren's hand and place her on her feet as well.

I just want to get far away from this hospital as possible.

I close my eyes as Lauren gets into the drivers’ seat. She looks at me and I look at her.

There are no words.


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki