This Time Around by Gracy


Number of reviews: 110
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


I slam the door and enter the house. My day was horrible. I was working nonstop with Marissa on that damn gallery. We finally picked a bright color for the main room. Something to spice it up. Then it all came out wrong.

Everything after that was just a disaster. Someone called the police on us because they thought we were trying to steal something.

Idiots.

Then finally, when the day was done and I was talking to Marissa on the way to my car my heal to my shoe just decided to flop on me. These were my most comfortable shoes too! I’ve had these shoes for years. I guess that’s why they decided to just... quit.

I open the fridge and grab a coke and pop the tab and take a long swig.

I feel like getting drunk.

I walk into the living room scratching my eyes because I’m worn out and smile softly at Justin’s sleeping figure on the couch. He’s such an angel, I kind of noticed he cleaned the house. I sigh and sit on the floor beside him and place my pop on the coffee table. I laid my head on his stomach and sighed. “I love you so much. For cleaning my house for me because it needed it and I’m completely popped.”

He breathed deeply and sighed. I smiled and laughed softly because I’m talking to someone who is completely and totally asleep.

Hmm... That gives me an idea. “Justin?” I stare at his face. His nose is twitching slightly. I used to do this to him when we were younger.

“Justin you borrowed my sweater the other day. Where’d you put it?”

His mouth opened and shut a few times. “In....” He rolls over and I quickly move. “The closet.”

I smile. “Do you love me?”

“Yes.” He snores softly.

“Do you want to marry me?”

“Yes.” He breathes and rolls over again.

I bit my lower lip and wonder about the next question. Usually he wakes up. “When are you going to ask me to marry you?”

His eyes open and he smiles. “It doesn’t work like that.”

I laugh and playfully hit his arm. “I thought you were asleep.”

“Yeah well.” He smiles and kisses me softly. “How was your day?”

“Don’t ask.” I turn around and take another sip of my pop and sigh. “It was horrible.”

“Get much done?”

I turn to him and smile. “Thanks for leaning the house.”

“Sweeping, running the sweeper, mopping, and dusting, it’s not all that hard.” He kisses my forehead softly.

“Have you uh, decided?” I ask softly.

He sighs. “Yeah.”

I look at him with my eyes wide open. Not too open as if I'm in shock. But open enough for him to tell me without asking him what’s his decision.

“I’m going to go for it.”

“Surgery?”

He nods. “Yeah. I might as well.”

I nod. “Okay. Have you called Dr. O?”

“Yeah.” He nods. “I’ll be going in next weekend. It’ll last four hours and then I'll be in the hospital for about ten days.”

“Pretty descriptive thee Just.” I smile. “I’ll be there for you. You know that.”

“That much I know. He smiles. “How about some take out? I’m hungry.”

I can hear his stomach growl. “Chinese?”

He smiles. “Sounds good.”






I’m always the person to get the door when the take out comes. Hopefully it’s not a teen. I sigh with happiness at the old man carrying our bag of noodles and chicken and chow main. I love that stuff.

Lauren’s in the shower so that gives me plenty of time to do what I have to. I take out the fortune cookie. Those things are always delicious and grab the box in my pocket and open it up to look at the ring inside. One bit of the fortune cookie and the ruing will be in her mouth. The ring isn’t huge, but it’s big enough. Especially the diamonds.

I open the fortune cookie just enough to place the ring inside and make her plate along with mine with the fortune cookie on the side. She’s going to be psyched.





“Ugh. I am so full.” I sit back and hold my stomach. I ate half of the chow main and almost all of the noodles and a little bit of the chicken. But it was so worth it. It was delicious.

Only thing that is left is the fortune cookie.

“Are you going to eat that?” Justin points to my cookie and I nod.

“Yeah. As soon as I make room.” I sigh. “What’s your say?”

He opens it up after taking a bite and takes out the small piece of paper. “Good things are coming your way.” He smiles. “They’re right.”

“How do you know?” I laugh.

“I just do.” He smiles. “Now you.”

I sigh and take a small big of mine and I taste something in my mouth. It’s round... oh my god. I spit it out and practically choke as I look at Justin. He’s on one knee. Oh, how cute.

“I’ve loved you for as long as I can remember Lauren. I can’t spend a day without you. I’ve known you for my whole life and knowing that makes me the happiest person on this earth. But having you by my side for eternity as my wife would make me.... The luckiest man alive.” He smiles. “Will you marry me Lauren Anne Nichols?”

“Yes.” I smile with tears in my eyes as I take him into my arms and kiss him passionately. Tonight is a wonderful night.

Today was the worst day of my life.

But he just made this day a hell of a lot better.


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki