This Time Around by Gracy


Number of reviews: 110
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Two weeks have passed and he’s home and recuperating well. No heavy lifting, no strenuous work, and absolutely no fattening foods.

It’s killing him.

Everyone is over for a small cook out and I swear if that dog doesn’t get out of my yard-- “GET OUT OF HERE!” I throw a tomato at him and he runs off. “Damn dog.” I mumble.

“And you want one? Let me guess for your own tormented pleasure?” Justin laughs.

“Oh yeah. I can’t very well torment you can I?”

He frowns. “So not fair.”

“So not fair.” I mimic him. “Anyway, refreshments get to gettin’”

He laughs and bows. “Such a southern lady.”

“Yeah.” I nod.

It’s been a lot of mindless blabber between us. No sex, just talk. Not even if I do all the work in sex. Docs orders. For at least a month. So what, the leaves...three weeks left?

Well holy merciful shit.













Something is wrong. I can sense it. I have these spider senses. Nah, just kidding you. Seriously. Some strange car just pulled into the driveway. It looks familiar but I can’t exactly place it.

Oh, oh no.

Lauren slams down the dishes and one falls off the counter and breaks into a million pieces as it hits the floor.

CAT FIGHT!

I run to the door and just miss her shirt as she runs out the door.

“YOU BITCH!”













I run up to her and slam her back against her car. “Get off my property now!”

“What are you going to do to me? Kill me?”

I have always hated her. Always. She always gets in the way between Justin and I and messes things up right when things are getting good.

“No. But I sure can beat the shit out of you.”

Justin reaches out sides and breaths like a ragged dog. “S.... Stop... both.... Of.... You.” He’s bent over and I let go of Britney to attend to him.

“Come on. You have to go sit down.” I throw his arm over my shoulder and start to haul him down the driveway into the house. I stop my Marissa’s side. “Britney at one o’clock.” I glare at the window.

She nods and goes out. James right behind her. Such a sweet guy.

I sit him down and order Lance to get me a glass of water. “You... can’t... do.... T-that.” He coughs.

“I know.” I sigh and frown. “I’m sorry.”

Lance hands him the water and I watch as he gulps half of it down. “Better?”

He nods. “Don’t.” He clears his throat. “You can’t do that.”

I nod. “I know. You can’t run after me like you always do.” I smile. “Can I have your permission?”

“For what?” He laughs.

“To kick her ass.”

“Do you want to stay a wonderful night in jail?”

“Not really.” I smile.

“Then just tell her to please leave.”

“Yeah like that’s going to work.”

“It will. If not, call the police.” He sighs. “That almost killed me Lauren.”

“Nothing can kill you.” I smile. “Besides me.”

“Half true.” He sighs. “Go.” He waves me off. “No blood spilling.”

I salute him and smile. “Yes sir.”



















I stand up and watch as she goes out there and tells Marissa and James to leave them alone. She talks to her calmly. I can see her fists balled at her sides. Britney is pushing some buttons. Big time. Finally she gets into her car and drives away.

But not without giving her something.

She comes back in and throw the envelope at me. “There.”

Great, now she’s pissed at me. How wonderful. I throw the envelope across the room and watch as it slides behind the stove. I excuse myself and follow her up the stairs. I knock on the door. I would just walk in but it’s locked. “Laur?”

“What?”

Such a nice tone there Lauren. Really nice.

“Can I come in?”

“No.”

I hate when she does this.

“Why not?”

“Because.”

I sigh and lean my head against the door. “Because why?”

“Of her.”

I slid down the door and sit on the carpet. “Okay. Why?”

“She said something and it struck home.”

“What’d she say?” I’m totally out of the loop here.

“Nothing. It’s not important.” She opens the door and I fall backwards and look up at her. She has a skirt on.

“Nice underwear.”

She laughs and I sit up and she helps me up off the floor. “We have guests to entertain.”

“Talk. Later?”

“Whatever.” She nods.

Whatever to her means never.

Never.

Nice.

Really nice.

Now I’m up the shit creek without a paddle and I don’t know why.

“Am I in trouble?”

She turns around and wipes the hair from her eyes. “No never.” She says in a sarcastic tone and walks downstairs.

Lauren has this way when people are around and she’s pissed. She acts like nothing is wrong.

She’s a denial person. She denies everything.

Everything.

I sigh and walk down the stairs and take my water from lance again and smile with a thanks and strike up a conversation with James and JC.

This day is just going to be great.

Can’t you tell?



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki