This Time Around by Gracy


Number of reviews: 110
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


“So... how’s he holding up? How are you holding up?” Marissa asks me softly as she flips the closed sign to open. First day of business and I feel like shit.

“It’s tearing us apart. He won’t even consider that she could be pulling his leg.” I sigh.

“I hate to say it. But maybe, just maybe, she isn’t.” Her face holds sincerity and concern.

I sigh as I collapse down into the chair. “Maybe you’re right.” I sniff back a few tears. “I’m scared okay? I’m just scared that he’ll leave me for her once again.”

She gives me a hug. “If he does. He’s a pretty dumb man.”

I smile softly and hug her back. “Thanks.”

“Anytime.” She smiles back. “What are friends for anyway?”

I pick at my salad and smile softly up at her. I want to tell her friends are there for you when you need them. Friends are always on your side. But those words just seemed totally out of contrast at this point in time. “Everything.”

 

The car pulled up and I slowly opened the door and walked out. She rolled the window down and I leaned over and talked to her. “Hey.”

She smiles softly. “Hi.”

“Where are we going?”

“A ride.” She reaches over and opens the passenger door and I walk around and get in. “Justin?”

“Yeah?” I turn to her. I’m still kind of... shocked by all this.

“I wish this could be different.” She sighs.

“I know.” I nod. “So do I Brit.” So do I.

 

 

I wipe my eyes for the millionth time and walk into the house. There’s a note on the fridge and I tear it off to read it.

Lauren,

Hey babe. Don’t get mad but I went out with Britney for a ride so we could discuss something. I’m sorry about last night. I'll make it up to you. I promise.

Love,

Justin.

I sigh and crumble the paper in my hands and throw it away. He;’s making a big mistake. And it’s time for me to take action.

 

We get out and walk down to the beech and sit. “So.... when’d you find out?”

“A month ago. I’m three months.” She’s wringing the tale of her shirt.

I sigh. “Three months?” I nod and take her hand into mine. “Don’t worry about it. I’m here now.”

Tears spring to her eyes and she leans in and I hug her to me. I run my hand through her hair and whisper into her ear. “I'm here.”

 

 

“You say there’s a fifty-fifty chance?” I nod. “But isn’t thee a way of making a false document?” I nod. “I see.” I take my coffee and sip on it. “Thank you so much.” I hang up and sigh.

There’s a fifty-fifty chance she’s lying. There’s a fifty-fifty chance that she isn’t carrying his baby.

And I’m going to make sure it lands on what I want it to.

I close my eyes and lean back and sigh deeply. “Damn her.”

 

We slowly stand up and head back to the car in silence. I’ve been hugging her since we got down. She’s as just as confused as I am. So disoriented. She clears her throat and looks up at me. “Did I cause some trouble for you and Lauren?”

I sigh and rub a hand over the top of my head. “I won’t lie. You did. But we’ll work it out.”

“I’m sorry.”

“It’s okay.” I hug her and kiss the top of her head. I don’t even know what I'm doing anymore. “I have one question though.”

“Anything.”

“Are you sure it’s mine?” i turn to her and stare into her brown eyes.

 

I rake a hand through my short hair and sigh. I kind of miss my long hair. I used to be able to do anything with it. Now it’s useless. Just like me.

I stand up as I hear a door slam shut. I walk to the window and watch as Britney and Justin hug. She’s smiling. The little conniving bitch is smiling.

Damn her.

Her lets go and opens the door for her and she climbs back in and smiles up at him. He’s saying something to her. She nods and starts the engine and leaves.

I go and sit back down on the couch and wait for him to come in.

There’s a few things we have to discuss that pertains to us.

Just us.

 

I open the door and enter the dark house. It seems that all the lights are off. Lauren’s car is in the driveway so I know she’s home. I stare at the kitchen clock and sigh. It’s eight thirty. I walk down the hall and look in the living room. She’s sitting there, quiet as can be just staring at me. “Hey.”

She nods. “Hey.”

I drop myself beside her and lean on her back and kiss the back of her neck. “Love you.”

She sniffs. I think she’s crying. “I love you too.” I turn her towards me and take her into my arms. “I saw you with her when she dropped you back off.”

I close my eyes and sigh as I kiss the top of her head. “There’s nothing going on except me taking responsibilities for my actions.”

I can feel her head bon up and down in response. “I uh... I have to tell you something.”

“Go ahead.”

She sits up and stares at me. “I’m not pregnant. I knew that for awhile now. But I.... this whole thing just threw me off course.”

I stare at her and sigh. I lean in and kiss her gently. “It’s okay.”

“No it’s not.” She stands up. “There’s a choice you have to make.”

I stare up at her in confusion and look at her as if she’s spouted horns. “What choice?”

She wipes her wet eyes and looks down at me. She licks her lips and stands tall. “You can either believe me, or her. You have to chose me or her. That’s it Justin.” She sniffs back her tears. “That’s it.”

 

 

He stands up and his mouth is just slightly open. “What?”

I throw back my hair from my eyes. “Me or her. Choose. I can’t live a life that’s based on a lie by your ex. I can’t do that. Don’t ask me to either.”

“I never did.”

“You wouldn’t listen to me last night. You want to make that up to me? listen to me now. She’s lying to you Justin. She’s lying through her teeth and you can’t see that. You’re skating on thin ice right now. You got to her and you’ll drown. Stay with my and I’ll help you float.”

“I swear to you she’s not lying.” He groans. “I asked her to get a paternity test. She’s going to get it tomorrow and call me when the results are back. So are you happy now?”

“No.” I shake my head. “I called a women's doctor and she told me there’s a way to fake a document for a paternity test. There’s also a fifty-fifty chance that the baby is not YOURS!”

“Stop yelling.” He sighs. “There’s also a fifty-fifty chance it is mine.”

“WOULD YOU LISTEN TO YOURSELF!” I yell. “You’re nto seeing straight.”

“I am.” he argues. “I’m seeing perfectly clear.”

“No.” I shake my head. “Because if you were you’ see what was right under your nose. Yell me Justin. Did she hug you? Kiss you today?”

“That’s.... irrelevant.”

“You never were good at lying.” I shake my head. “She kissed you huh? hugged you even. Close enough so you could just fel the nipples on her chest?” I sniff bck my tears but it’s worthless. I’m losing him to her again.

There’s nothing I can really do. “Choose Justin. Choose now.” I turn away from him and wipe at my eyes.

“I can’t... I won’t choose.”

I turn to him and glare. “You have to. I just said I couldn’t live a life based on a GOD DAMN LIE!”

“ALL RIGHT!” He yells. “FINE!” He runs upstairs and I cry because I know what he’s doing. I just know. “Fine.” He walks back down. “You want to now my answer? Here it is.” He holds up a duffle bag. “Goodbye.”

I watch with burry eyes as he walks out and slams the door.

My chin quivers and my knees buckle and I fall to the ground in a puddle of tears.

I just lost him.

Forever.



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki