This Time Around by Gracy


Number of reviews: 110
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Author's Notes:
Favorite Quote From Chapter: “Oh. and you’re just down right intelligent?” - Justin

“Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday dear Lauren. Happy birthday to you.” I smile.

“And many more!” Joey sings and I laugh as I lean over and blow out the candles. Twenty-four. Who would have guessed I’d make it this far. Marissa comes up to me and gives me a giant hug and so does James and it's like a never ending line of people who just want to hug me and kiss me on the cheek.

But the only person I really want here isn't here.

And I know why.

“What are you thinking about?” JC's arm is thrown over my shoulder and I smile up at him.

“Nothing.”

“You not thinking of anything? Huh.” He smiles. “It’s about Justin isn’t it?”

“How’d you guess.” I roll my eyes as I walk into the kitchen and get out the ice cream to go with the cookie cake.

“I have that sense of things.” He laughs softly as he sits on the counter. “You miss him huh?”

“We were engaged Jace. Yes, I miss him.” I cut pieces of the cake and scoop out ice cream and sigh as I throw down the Ice cream scooper in tears. “I don’t understand any of this JC. I just want him to be here with me. He’s not even thinking straight.”

“You accused Britney lying about her carrying his child. That’s Justin’s real purpose in life. To be a father. His ego is damaged.”

I stare into his eyes. “It’s not just his ego.”

“Okay his feelings.” He rolls his eyes. “I’ve known Justin since he was a kid. He loves you. He always has and always will.”

I pick the scooper up and start again. Laughter rings out in the dining room and I sigh. “Why are you here with me instead of being Mary sunshine with other people? You’re with the down girl Miss Mary not-so-sunshine.”

He laughs at my voice and it makes me smile. He’s always been like the brother I’ve never had. He hops down and wraps his arms around me and kisses my cheek. “Because I love you.”

The door opens and we both freeze as they both walk in. I throw down the knife and scooper and walk out. He had no right to bring her here.

 

 

“Justin.”

“Don’t Justin me JC.” I glare at him. “What was that?”

“I was trying to cheer her up.”

“Bullshit. Looked more like you were trying to feel her up.”

He shakes his head and sighs. “You’re deranged. You’re so fucked up Justin.”

He starts to walk away and I pull him back and up against the cabinet. “Were you trying to hit on her?”

“No!” JC glares at me.

“I think you were.”

“Justin just let it go.” Britney sighs.

“No.” I look at her and then back to JC. He pushes me off of him and starts to walk away again.

My arm reaches out and he turns around and my fist meets his nose. And he goes down like a ton of bricks. “SHIT! Justin.” He holds his nose as he rolls over on his stomach and tries to get up.

Lauren runs in and goes down to the floor and helps him up. She turns to me as she wrings out a dishcloth. “You want to act ignorant then go be with her.” She points to Britney. “I don't have any respect for you if you go around accusing your friends of hitting on you EX FIANCÉE!”

“HE WAS HITTING ON YOU!” I yell back.

“HE WAS GIVING ME A HUG TO MAKE ME FEEL BETTER!” She screams back as she pushes me out of the way. I watch as she gets a zip lock bag and fills it with ice. “You are one stupid son of a bitch Justin.” She shakes her head.

“Oh. and you’re just down right intelligent?”

She places the bag of ice on the counter and takes the cloth from JC’s nose. It’s filled with blood. She turns to me and glares at me and pushes me against the wall. “GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE JUSTIN!”

I want to say I have a right to be here. But honestly, I don’t. “Fine.” I grab Britney’s hand.

She turns around to face Lauren. “So sorry.”

 

 

I glare at her. She’s fucking smiling like she just got laid. “Fuck off.”

Justin turns to me and shakes his head. “Don’t call on me when you need help.”

“Fine.” I glare at him. “I won’t. I won’t need your stupid ass for any help.” They walk out the door and I slam it behind them. I walk back to JC and take the ice out his hands and look at his nose. It’s all ready black and blue. I sigh. “Ready for a trip to the hospital?”

“Not really.” He laughs softly and his nose whistles and he covers it and looks at me a frown.

“Sorry.” I frown slightly. I help him off of the counter and open the door. I look back at the group that had gathered around. “Make yourself at home.” I shut the door behind ius and we walk to the car. “He’s an ass JC.”

 

“Yeah. Besides that he was jealous.” He opens the passenger door and gets in and buckles up. I walk around and get into the drivers seat and buckle up. I look at him and smile. “He got you good.”

He touches his nose softly and grimaces. “Yeah.”

We sit in the waiting room for ten seconds before they pull us into the back room. He sits on the so called bed and sighs. “I know this sucks.”

“It’s your birthday.”

“If Justin wouldn’t have....” I close my eyes and groan with frustration. “Damn him.”

“Here.” He hands me a small box. “He had placed it on the counter before he hit me.”

I smile and half laugh as I undo the wrapping and open the small box. Two diamond earrings I smile and I hold one up for JC to see.

“See. He still loves you.”

I roll my eyes and turn away from him to put them in my purse. Earrings are nothing.

Love is everything.

“Mr. Chasez?” I turn around and plaster a smile on my face and point to JC.

“That’s him.”

“Hello.” He extends his hand and shakes mine along with JC. “I’m Dr. Bandores and this is my assistant Michael.” He nods to the younger man beside him. I smile and shake his hand as well. “What happened?”

“Long story.” I laugh softly. “To make it short. he got punched and he went down.”

“Boyfriend?”

I turn to Michael and shake my head. “No. My boyfriend... ex did this to him.”

He nods. He walks close r to JC and looks him over. Looks like it’s broken.” The doctor walks up and looks at JC’s nose.

“Correct. You know what he needs.” The doctor turns back to us and smiles softly. “He’s learning he’s here for his premed. So If you don’t mind...”

No, not at all.” I shake my head. “I’m sure he won’t complain.” I point back at JC with a smile.

“Have a nice day.”

“You too.” I nod as I sit down beside JC. “You want a shot?”

“Lauren.” He growls at me. “Shut up.”

I laugh softly and watch. “What’s that?” I point to hat he’d putting on JCs nose.

“Antibiotic. And this.” He holds up soem kind of clothe. “Is strong and will make sure his nose doesn’t move while it’s taking the time to heal properly.”

Not once did he look up at me. He was way to focused on what he was doing. “Why a doctor?”

“I like helping people ease their pain.” He looks at me and smiles softly.

“Maybe you can help me with mine.” I mumble.

“What’s the problem?”

“Nothing it was just... never mind.” I smile. He sits back and smiles softly frown at JC.

“All done.”

Seriously?”

“Yes.” He laughs.

His laugh is sweet and tender. All male but yet it makes me feel. Just to feel again is good. Damn you Justin. Damn you. “It didn’t even hurt.”

“Yeah. Well I’m sure it did when you went down.” He laughs.

I smile and watch as JC and Michael interact.

And for some reason I just can’t drop this smile.



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki