This Time Around by Gracy


Number of reviews: 110
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


“No.” I shake my head. He smiles.

“Really.”

I shake my head. “Yes really. I had fun.” I lean on my tiptoes and kiss his cheek. “I’d invite you in but it’s only our first date.”

His arms encircle my waist and his kisses my forehead. “First dates are really fun.”

I smile up at him and kiss his cheek once more. “Yeah.” I lick my lips and let og and so does he. It’s late and the way this is going he’s going to send the night.

Which is not on my agenda. “Call me?”

“Absolutely.” He nods.

“Talk to you soon then Michael.”

“All right Lauren.” He smiles and waves as he walks away.

I smile to myself and unlock the door and walk in. It’s been two weeks since Justin walked away. Two whole weeks and no word from him. It’s killing me, but then again I know it’s for the best.

I walk into the living room after turning on the kitchen lights and sit down in the chair with a smile on my face.

One message.

I click play and listen.

“You have a call from the Florida state penitentiary. Press one to connect.”

I push delete.

The phone rings and I jump as I reach out for it shaking my head. “Hello?”

“You have a call from the Florida state penitentiary. Press one to connect.”

I hang up.

 

 

I’ve been sitting on this couch fro two weeks straight. Just.... sitting and watching and thinking. All about her.

All about Lauren.

There’s a song I could write. All about Lauren.

Nice ruing to it don’t you think? Has to do with sadness, depression, heartache and pain. Lauren + Justin = pain.

It never equals out to anything really good.

The phone rings and I stare at it. Britney is away shopping for the baby. We just found out yesterday that it was a girl. So she’s out shopping for pink frilly dresses for the poor kid.

Poor kid.

It won’t stop ringing. I reach out and pick it up. “Hello?”

“I need you.”

I sit up and listen to the voice on the other end. It seems like forever since I’ve heard those three words. I use to strive on those words. “I’m there in ten.” I hang up and grab the keys off the counter on my way out.

I smile as I rev up the engine and head out.

I knew it wasn’t over.

 

I sit on the couch staring at the phone. I think I made a mistake on calling him. I think he’ll take it the wrong way. But there’s no one else I could call to talk to. Justin is the only one who can understand me on this subject.

My dad.

His car pulls in and I slowly stand up as the phone rings. I take a deep breath and answer it. “Hello?”

“You have a call from Florida state penitentiary. Press one to connect.”

I hang up.

He walks in and stares at me. I’m staring at the phone in my hand. “What?”

I slowly turn to him. “He's back.”

 

Her dad is the worst person in the world. Well to me anyway. “How do you know?”

The phone rings and she hands it to me. I stare at it and she sits down as i look at her. I press ‘talk’ “Hello?”

“You have a call from Florida state penitentiary. Press one to connect.”

I hang up.

I immediately pull her on her feet and take her into my arms.

And immediately she cries and clings to me tight.

And I know she’s scared.

She’s scared to death.

 

“Do you want something to drink?” I shake my head. We’ve moved from standing to the floor, from the floor to the couch. And I just don’t want him to let me go right now. I just want to be safe. Feel safe.

“Why?” I croak out.

His hand goes through my short hair. “Lord only knows Laur.”

All is quiet as his hand roams over my back and it’s comforting. It’s making me fall asleep and i know i don’t want to do that. I want to stay away.

“It’s okay Lauren. Sleep.” His voice slips into my ears.

It sounds so sweet.

“We’re not--”

“I know.” He whispers. “Just sleep.”

My eyes close and I drift away in his arms.

 

Morning rays peek through the white lace curtains and I wipe at my eyes as the phone rings. I reach out for it. “Hello?”

“I knew you’d be there.”

“She needed me.”

“I need you.”

“It’s not like you’re in labor.” I yawn and stretch.

Silence overtakes us and I sit up as far as I can with Lauren in my arms. “Brit?”

“Justin.” She swallows hard. “My water just broke.”



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki