This Time Around by Gracy


Number of reviews: 110
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


[One week later]

"Can you move your arm?"

"Yes." I move my arm and smile. "Can I please just go home to my daughter?"

Dr. O smiles and laughs softly. "Take it easy."

I nod and roll my eyes as I get out of the bed and a nurse helps me into the wheelchair that will take me outside and into Lauren´s car. Lauren opens the door and watches as the nurse helps me inside the car. She walks around after shutting my door and thanking the nurse and gets in and starts the engine.

We still haven´t talked about what happened. "I love you."

She turns to me and smiles with a sigh. Can you smile with a sigh? "I lvoe you too."

"I´m sorry." I whisper. My throat hurts so bad. I really hope she´s stocked up on ice cream.

"Theresa is coming over with Lynn. She´s going to stay with us. Like a eal family." She licks her lips.

"Marry me."

She pulls off the road slowly and looks at me. "You´re joking?"

"No." I shake my head. "I love you and I want to marry you."

"What about all that...?"

"It doesn't matter. Forget about it."

She looks down at her hands. "I don´t think I can." She whispers. "You really hurt me Justin." She looks up at me.

"Please." I take her hand into mine. "Marry me." I reach into my pocket and hold out the old engagement ring.

she sniffs back her tears and laugh softly as she takes it and places it on her finger. "Is that a yes?" I ask softly.

"Yes." She smiles. "I could never say no to you." She whispers as she reaches across the seat and hugs me and kisses my cheek.

My arms wrap around her and I breath in the essence that is Lauren. So sweet.

Our life together is going to be so sweet.

We head off again after I kiss her tenderly and wipe away her tears. She smiles and we head home. We´re there in ten minutes and she helps me down the driveway and into the living room and onto the couch. "Do you want to go upstairs?"

"My mom is coming." I tease.

"Oh ha ha." she smiles. "Are you comfortable?"

I sigh and take her hand and pull her down to me. "Lay with me." It´s a simple request. But one that would mean so much to me right now.

"Of course." She smiles softly as she lays in front of me. We cuddle and watch cartoons just like the old days.

That is until my daughter comes.

But that´s okay. Because we´ll be a true family.

Now until forever.









He falls asleep instantly and starts to mumble and I kiss his lips softly as I get up. Lynn is knocking at the door and I go to answer it and Theresa holds out her arms to me nd I take her and smile and shower her with kisses.

"She's gotten really close to you." Lynn smiles. "Which is good." Her hand comes to her chest and she points at my hand with the other. "What?"

"What?" I smile I look at my hand and blush. "We´re engaged."

"Again?" she laughs.

It´s going to work this time around." I smile softly as I take Theresa into the living room . Lynn following me. She sighs as she sees Justin on the couch.

"Oh don´t wake him up." She laughs softly as I whisper into his ear. His eyes blink open and he kisses me softly. I blush and turn to Lynn. "It´s okay."

I smile and wake him up and hand him Theresa. I know it was killing him not to hold her in the hospital. She giggles and gives him a sloppy kiss on the mouth and he smiles and kisses her back.

I can´t believe she´s almost a year old. Funny how time flies by with minor things. But huge events take forever to get here.

Like a wedding day.









[Two Weeks later]


"Make sure you take it easy."

"I will." I smile as I kiss her goodbye and Theresa too. "Bye girls."

She takes Theresa's hand and waves at me with it. I smile and lean in for another kiss and she gladly grants me one. I sigh and walk towards the door and blow a kiss to Theresa and she smiles and giggles and does the same thing back to me and blows bubbles while doing so.

I laugh and grab my keys and leave.

I don´t want to tell Lauren this because it will scare her to death. But I made an appointment with Dr. O because my chest has been hurting again lately. And that´s where I'm heading.

Although she thinks differently.

I´m just telling a white lie. The one you tell to make someone feel good or to keep them from getting hurt. So it´s not all that bad. I pull into the hospital and walk up to the door.

"Go right in to room 10." The nurse points at the front desk. I nod and walk towards it. The feeling in my chest getting worse. I cringe as I sit on the table.

Two minutes later Dr. O. graces e with his presence. "What´s the problem?"

I hold my chest and sigh. "It hurts."

"Does Lauren know you´re here?" He takes the stethoscope and listens to my heart.

"No." I shake my head.

"I want an X-ray."

I nod. "Okay. But I have to go home afterwards."

"if it´s serious you´re not leaving."

"Doc listen. I never told Lauren my chest was hurting. I can´t scare her like that again."

He sighs. "All right. If it is serious you tell her and come straight back. Let her drive."

I nod. "Thank you." I hop down from the table and walk with him to the X-rays.








I plae Theressa in her walker and get out some steaks for dinner and place them in the ink to thaw. i´ve gotten better at cooking. I´m not a master. But I´m learning. which is good if I´m goin to be Mrs. Timberlake.

like the ring to that. The phone rungs and I almost trip over Tessa getting to it. She´s a little monster in that thing. She runs over everyone´s toes in it. Gets into everything. "Hello?"

"Is Justin there?"

"No." My jaw clenches. "I don´t appreciate you calling."

Tessa yells in the background and I turn to her and hold my index finger to my mouth and she quiets.

"Can I at leas talk to my daughter?"

How can I deny her the right of that? I mean she is the girls biological mother. "One minute."

"Okay." I hold he phone up to Theresa's ear and she stares at it and I hear Britney talking. I take it away after Theresa pushes it away. Hey she has taste.

"Sorry. She doesn´t want to listen to you." I hang up and walk back into the kitchen after kissing Theresa's forehead. I see the Justin is home. I watch as he walks down the sidewalk. He´s stumbling a little.

And then my whole world turns upside down as he falls over and doesn´t move.

My mouth hangs open and I can´t move.

In ways I think he´s playing a joke. But after a minute he doesn't move. I throw open the door and rush out to his side. Not even thinking of Theresa.


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki