Almost Doesn't Count by amk16


Number of reviews: 131
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


“I can’t believe you showed up late,” I watched Britney yell at her longtime boyfriend who sat on the couch of her hotel suite.

“Baby, I’m sorry. I was in the studio and…”

“You’re always in that damn studio!” Britney complained. Her eyes welled up and I knew what was coming next. After a few seconds she burst into tears and flung herself onto the bright white couch. “Sometimes I think you love that studio more than me,” she exclaimed between sobs.

I found the entire situation rather comical. That may sound a little sadistic, but you have to look at it from my point of view. I’m Becca, Britney’s best friend since second grade and currently her PA. While I felt bad for Justin, I couldn’t believe that Brit thought she could have her way by using that fake cry. Justin missed one interview and Britney goes psychotic on him. All three of us knew that she had done worse (she’d also done some things-or guys- that I couldn’t bear to tell Justin about).

I broke out of my thoughts when Britney had managed to calm down and asked for a glass of water. I brought it out and was about to leave when I heard Justin raise his voice; it was rather unusual for him to do, especially when he was talking to Britney. “Did you ever stop to think that maybe I need just as much attention? A solo album is a big step.”

Britney whined, “Can’t you hold it off; just for a few more months?”

Justin and I looked at her incredulously. I couldn’t believe how selfish she was being-and believe me, she’s been selfish many times before.

Justin shook his head and laughed at how ridiculous this was. One hand was rubbing his temples; the other was balled into a fist at his side. He stood up and walked towards the door.

Britney looked as though she had been hit by lightening when she heard the doorknob turn. “Where are you going?”

Justin sighed. “I love you Britney, but we can’t force this anymore. I think we should end it.”

“Fine then, leave!” She heaved the glass at the wall and ran to her room. I ran after her but she had locked the door. I suddenly remembered Justin and ran out after him. I caught him just as he was getting in the car.

“I know that I’m supposed to side with her no matter what, but you really didn’t deserve that.”

“She’s really stressed and I hate to do this to her, but I need someone who can be there for me.”

“I understand.” I stuffed my hands into my pocket and said what I had actually come out for. “If you ever need someone, you know I’m free.”

“I don’t know. Brit wouldn’t enjoy that very much.”

“I know, but I’ve known you almost as long she has. We’re friends, right?” (I prayed that he wouldn’t embarrass me). Once he nodded, I exhaled and added, “Then I’m not taking sides, I’m just listening to your take of the story.” Besides, I would be listening to her side for the next couple of days.

“You know, Becca, I’ve got your number. I might take you up on that offer.” He hugged me before starting the ignition. “You’re a life saver, B.”

I smiled at the use of his nickname for me. It wasn’t anything special and had no real significance or funny story attached to it, but it came from Justin; that’s all that mattered.



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki