Almost Doesn't Count by amk16


Number of reviews: 131
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Chapter 4

I arrived at the studio just in time to find Britney flirting with one of the stage hands. Her make-up was heavier than she usually wore it: deep purple eyeliner, smoky gray eye shadow and long, fake eyelashes with multi colored layers.

“I think you missed a spot, Ben,” she cooed gently. Ben rubbed more body glitter on her chest. I shook my head in disgust, but I didn’t speak until he was dangerously close.

I cleared my throat, than added, “One Iced Chocolate brownie Mocha.” They both looked up at my voice. Ben looked rather embarrassed and a little afraid, like a little kid when his mom finds him sneaking cookies before dinner. Britney, on the other hand, looked annoyed.

She only confirmed this when she grabbed her coffee concoction and said nothing. I didn’t feel like starting a scene in front of all of the people there. Not only were the usual suspects there (camera men, wardrobe directors, makeup artists and the lighting crew, plus their assistants), but Johnny Wright, some label execs and a few magazine reporters had decided to check in.

Unfortunately, Britney isn’t always the easiest person to have to work for- if you haven’t noticed already. She was also fond of throwing things; this time, her full Starbucks cup went sailing across the room. “Can we please get this started!” she shouted to anyone listening.

Any other celebrity and they would have been in danger of losing studio time and promo support, but with Britney, she was never reprimanded. Instead, one of the new interns rushed to the splatter that dripped down the wall and puddle on the floor and wiped it up quickly.

I suddenly lost my taste for coffee and threw my own in the nearest waste basket.

The photographer rushed to her side and instructed her to stand in front of the white backdrop and look as though she owned the world. When this didn’t work, he said, “Britney, you are the sexiest women alive. All the guys want you and all the girls want to be you.” Seeing this had no affect, he added, “Smile and be happy.”

I don’t really need to tell you what happened next, do I? I mean, by this point, you should know Brit well enough to predict what happened next. Just in case you don’t know, and even if you do, here are the details.

Like I said, I saw it before it happened; honestly, another fit was inevitable. She must have felt as though the last outburst hadn’t help to make her point, so she slowly moved from her place in front of the camera. She removed her purple stilettos leisurely, making sure that everyone took note of her actions. She suddenly flung them in the photographer’s direction, but caught his assistant instead. As calm as could be, she made her way the 10 feet to her dressing room, adjusting the purple corset and smoothing her skirt along the way, and slammed the door.

Johnny had the execs and reporters escorted out. I couldn’t help but laugh when I heard him say something about female issues. He stalked over to me and looked me right in the eye. “What the hell is that all about?”

“I guess you haven’t heard yet. She and Justin broke up last night.”

“So that’s why he canceled. God, I knew this would happen one day, but why today?” He continued to talk to himself muttering about how much publicity was costing her. Almost as if he had forgotten I was there, he took a deep breath and sighed. “Can you just go check on her and make sure she’s okay?”

I nodded and turned to leave, but his hand on my arm stopped me. “Thank god you can put up with this. Remind me to give you a raise.”

I simply nodded again and pushed through the small crowd that had formed in front of the door. “Brit it’s me.”

“Go away,” she sniffled. “How can he expect me to be happy after all that’s happening in my life? The one guy that matters doesn’t want me anymore. And all those girls- they’re probably rejoicing as we speak.”

Justin laughed as I recreated the scene. “It’s not funny,” He eventually stated through his amusement. “It’s just…well it’s…comical.”

“Oh, Justin, be nice. She really misses you and she’s trying to deal in her own way.” I didn’t condone what she had done, but she was my best friend. “She was very serious about everything she said.”

“I know, I know. And that’s the funny part.” Justin’s laughter started over again. I shook my head and laughed along with him.

I could only imagine his expression on the end of the line. I was happy to hear him laugh again. I’d been worried about him lately. Even before the break up, Justin hadn’t been the same. Now however, he was back to the way I remembered him.

We continued to talk for the rest of the night and into the early morning. We were stopped when Mike, his bodyguard, reminded him of his 4:30 wake up call. He assured me that he could handle it, but I felt responsible for keeping him up and said goodnight.

As I went to sleep, I sighed happily and remembered how much had changed in the course of one day. They say ignorance is bliss, and I was feeling pretty good in my false since of security.



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki