Under Cover by Liz


Number of reviews: 16
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Chapter 1

The tiny office building was little comparison to it’s own importance. Busy agents buzzed around non-stop filling reports, busting butts, and most of all doing their job. NYC FBI department located on the lower east side of Manhattan was a one-stop office to many who visited. The small few who had made a home from the hole in the wall were mainly men over 40 who did the usual police reports, and occasional busts on the city’s high crime rates. Xander Reminski bounced the small nurf ball on his desk while eyeing his partner of 3 years. She was the only women in their division, and one of their only field agents left besides him self and a small group of 15 in the downstairs offices. He glanced at her threw the open door of her office before turning to aim the small ball into the basketball net located over his garbage. One the ball much to his protest passed the goal he stood up and walked to the door. The small chair located behind the large oak desk swirled quickly from side to side as an pale elbow rested on the arm. Julie O’Brien flipped her red curly hair away from her face and re-read the offending words on the paper in front of her. Her brows furred in confusion as she lets the words sink in. ‘How in the world do they expect me to do this!’. She let out an aggravated sigh and jerked her head to the door as a loud knock sounded from it.

“So when do we leave for Disney for grown-ups?” Xander smiled sitting down in her desk. She threw him a warning glance before chucking the papers on her desk.

“How can you except me to take this case? I’m personally involved!” She protested.

“So, that works to our benefit in this case, people like them don’t let just anyone into their inner-circle. And your already there! Don’t think Heart doesn’t know that, and he’ll bust your balls till you agree. Not that he will leave you much choice”.

“There are no balls to be busted, I’m not doing it! I haven’t spoken to Ari in years! The last time I saw her was at her and JC’s wedding! I won’t-”

“O’Brien, Reminski, my office now.” The loud booming voice stopped Julie’s ranting as she and Xander stood abruptly following their boss into his office.

“ Have a seat, I’m sure you know why I called you in here, I need my best people on this case, the big shots don’t give this office a chance often, and I’m pretty sure it has something to do with your relation to this, “ he stopped glancing at the paper before retuning his gaze to Julie “ Arianna Chasez, now I already made accommodations, you guys will be staying at the MGM Grand one floor below the Chasez, I have set up field agents in the Bellagio, and Casers blocking all safe’s. Now there was this one man, Jeff Corington who is apart of the *Nsync team we are looking into, however a large sum of money was just withdrew out of Justin Timberlake’s account, were getting closer, but I want you two in there-”

“Excuse me Sir, but I can’t take this case.” Julie said abruptly stopping him. Xander’s eyes grew wide as he looked at Julie.

“ What? …Agent O’Brien I assure you Mrs. Chasez will be kept safe, we need you on this case!”

“ I’m personally involved way to much, ” Julie continued, “ She knows I’m an agent and she knows this business. It wouldn’t be smart to put me on this case! Sir, I’m sorry but, Ari and I ,” she stopped catching her self before she continued, “ Mrs. Chasez and I use to be acquaintances".She’ll know something is up if I randomly appear!” She gushed. Heart shook his head and lowered his gaze.

“ Are you telling me you willingly will not help out when the over-all population needs you, because your friends with these possible criminals? And your best friend you say!? In my opinion, best friends don’t abandon each other for a job, so just how close are you two really? You haven’t seen her in years, and don’t tell me you have , you have been at this office everyday for the past 2 ½ years. Your all about the job, and I know you could crack this case, don’t give up your dreams just because she’s , and I use this word lightly , ‘a friend’. Now no more of this, your taking this case, or your packing your things you understand me?” His now booming voice caused Julie to shrink back in her chair and nod her head.

“yes sir” She stated. She tossed Xander a heated look and he placed a comforting hand on her arm pulling her from the seat and towards the door.

“ Reminski, here” Heart said tossing him a large folder. “ Air plane tickets hotel reservations and your status are in there, have a safe trip, were counting on you guys” With that the door slammed.

“Jules, you know you can do this. Let go home and pack okay?” Julie simply nodded her head and left with Xander.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Arianna Chasez stepped onto the gray unstable carpet as they de-boarded the plane. Her brown eyes gazed out the large window towards the Vegas Strip. 7 years, had it really been that long? 7 years ago she made the choice between her job and the love of her life, and she was glad as hell she choose him. The back lash from her grandfather and father that came from her decision was something she could handle, but not from her. After starring out the window a while longer large fingers intertwined with hers and she looked down at her hand and smiled as her gaze followed all the way up the arm to the wonderful face that was her husbands. He smiled lovingly at her and tucked a piece of her long brown hair behind her ears.

“ Hey pooch” she smiled at him. He laughed at the nickname and leaned towards her to peck her lips before pulling her closer to him still keeping their hands firmly attached.

“Hey you, how you guys feeling?” He asked rubbing her slightly protruding belly.

“ Jooooshhhh, were fine, same as we were 10 minuets ago when you asked on the plane. I promise if I become anything but fine I will let you know” She said. He looked at her face almost as if studying her to see if she was telling the truth. He nodded and kissed her forehead before they were pushed towards the exits. The loud shrill of *Nsync’s adoring fans could be heard as the 5 members headed over to sign autographs. In over 7 years from their last album it still amazed Arianna how so many people, young and old still followed the guys careers, and more than willingly eat up tickets to their re-union tour making them sell out in over half of their concert dates. Arianna smiled as she watched JC Chasez, Justin Timberlake, Lance Bass, Chris Kirkpatrick, and Joey Fatone get lovingly mauled by their dedicated fans.

A tug on her arm caused Arianna to pull her self from her dream state and looked up only to be met with a soft smile from their loving and trusted body guard Lonnie. He pulled her hand into his much larger one and lead her to the car. She glanced back at JC and was reassured he would be fine by a smile and wink from him. Once she was placed in the car she rested her head on the window and closed her eyes. The last thing she remembered hearing was the sound of JC Chris and Lance pilling into the car with the rest of the crew. She did a quick glace to the car behind them to see as Joey and Justin jumped in. She turned her attention back to the window and laid her head on her husbands should as she drifted off to sleep.

“How she doing Jace?” Chris asked from behind him. JC smiled as he kissed the top of her head and placed a protective arm around her.

“ She’s physically fine, and the baby’s healthy, but I know this place brings back memories for her. “ JC said and Chris nodded in understanding. They were a very tight knit group and had known Arianna for over a decade. The last time they were here was life altering and very eye opening. He was stunned that her family would just push her away as quickly as they did. Simply because she was in love with him. And her! JC never understood why she was so against Ari’s decision, or the cold relationship they have today. She even came to the wedding for a brief hour to say congratulations and drop off a card. Arianna refused to acknowledge her, and two and a half years later and Arianna had yet to open that card.

JC looked up as they pulled into the back of the MGM Grand Hotel. He looked around and noticed that even in the back entrance there was still a group of fans waiting. As the Bell hop and hotel staff scurried to get their things from the SUV’s, JC waited for Chris and Lance to both climb out of the car before turning to scoop up Arianna into his arms. The 4 with free hands signed autographs and JC offered smiles as they headed towards the entrance. Once safely inside the elevator Justin cracked jokes on how heavy a sleeper Arianna was.

“Match made in heaven. Man” Justin said patting JC on the back as the elevator came to a stop at their floor. The group pilled out and JC said his good-nights to his ‘bothers’ as he walked to their room. Lonnie opened the door and placed their luggage on the floor near the window and JC put Arianna on the bed .

“Thanks L-Dawg “ JC said before they exchanged manly hugs and he left the couple alone for the night. Arianna stirred and sat upright on the bed wiping her face with her hands.

“ Hey mama, sleepy?’ He asked sitting next to her. She offered him a lop-sided smile and nodded.

“ Yea, baby you didn’t have to carry me, I would of walked up” She said standing and walking over to her suit case to retrieve her P.J’s and bathroom necessities. She disappeared into the bathroom as she heard her husband let out a chuckle.

“Baby you sleep heavier than the dead, nothing could of woken you up!” He said. She emerged from the bathroom in an old pair of his boxers and a dark blue tight fitting tank top. She plopped on the bed beside him and placed a playful swat on his thigh.

“ Shut-up you “ She giggled before cuddling to his side.

“ You smack me and then you expect to cuddle? Woman are you crazy?” He said his eyes twinkling at her.

“ Fine then, I don’t need you I’ll just find a bell hop who wants me!” She said rising from the bed. As she made her way over to the door a pair of arms pulled her back into his embrace.

“ I was just joking baby, I’ll cuddle, let me just get ready for bed” he said laughing. She turned around and placed her hands on his upper-arms. She leaned quickly to peck his lips and smiled as he pushed his face closer to her deepening the kiss. They stayed there for a few minuets just enjoying each other when he finally pulled away and pecked her nose.

“ Love you” he said and headed for the bathroom. She smiled returning his declaration with her eyes and walked over to their bed. She laid down once again and closed her eyes. She felt the bed shift as he wrapped her up from behind and kissed her temple.

“ Good night baby” He said.

“ Night pooch, Love you” He smiled and pecked her again before replying “love you too.”




© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki