Under Cover by Liz


Number of reviews: 16
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Meredith let out a loud gasp as she scanned over the body standing at the door. Bobbie was acting as thou it was completely normal for them to be looking at her like that. Meredith almost ran over to her and ripped her head off. She tried to avoid being seen but Bobbie’s eye’s soon fell on her.
“Well, well, well if it isn’t Miss. Willis…Been writing?” Bobbie asked as she stepped further into the room. She was obnoxiously chewing her gum and twirling her hair around her finger as she starred Meredith down. Raising an eyebrow at the scene Arianna took a step next to Meredith. She didn’t know what was going on, but it didn’t look like the two where friendly at all.
“ I’m doing FINE thank you, maybe you’ve read one of my articles, ya know in The New York Times?” Meredith said placing her hands on her hips. She was never one to use her job to impress people, but Bobbie just brought out the defensive side in her. She never moved from her stance as Bobbie took another step closer.
“ I don’t have time for silly things like that, I’m a very important person you know…” She said lowly. Arianna looked between the two more confused than ever and quickly grabbed Meredith’s arm.
“ Come on Mere, we have appointments to get too…” Arianna successfully pulled her away from Bobbie and let her go when she went to kiss Justin goodbye. Arianna walked to JC slowly picking up her bag and pink pea coat that was laid on the couch. She caught his gaze as he mouthed ‘what was that’ to her and she simply shrugged. She grabbed her arm turned her to face him and kissed her quickly.
“ Where are you going?” he asked. She kissed him again briefly before replying.
“ I’m going to take Meredith out of here and see what the fuck is going on between those two.” She said before kissing him once again and turned towards Meredith. As the two girls reached the door Meredith turned towards Bobbie locking her gaze wit her, but spoke to JC.
“ Jace? Don’t forget to take out the trash…” she said as she finally walked out the door. Justin looked in her direction and Bobbie’s mouth was opened as she stormed out of the room.
“What the hell was that?” Justin asked as he looked at the other very confused guys.
“ I have no idea, let’s just hope Arianna can get some answers….”
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Arianna shut off the car after she and Meredith pulled into the Olive Garden parking lot. It wasn’t their favorite, but it was definite comfort food for Meredith, and even more so for Arianna. The two hopped out the car and Arianna threw her light pink bag over her shoulder. The two heard a few camera shutters and immediately turned towards the noise. Arianna laughed as she recognized a few paparazzi that where there the last time they were all in Florida together. She’d never know how they found out so quick where they would be, or why they cared to take pictures if *NSYNC wasn’t even there. The girls scurried faster towards the entrance and Arianna placed a hand over the cloth material covering her stomach. They were escorted to a seat quickly since it was only late after noon and the dinner rush had hardly begun. Meredith placed her bag on the side closet to the wall as she pulled her chair back to sit. Arianna did the same sitting directly across from her. The two placed their drink orders and the waitress hurried off to get them as they scanned over the menu’s. Once their order had been placed Arianna turned her full attention to Meredith who was playing with the cloth her utensils where wrapped in.
“ Okay….spill” Arianna said linking her fingers on the table in front of her.
“ Ari…it’s long and complicated….and I just don’t have the energy to explain it all to you....” She said refusing to look at her.
“ Look, based on what I saw, and what I know about how you used to work at J-14, and how Bobbie took over you job basically with-in the hour you left, I’d say I have a head start to this whole ordeal. Now, we just cut out a good 15 minuets or so out of the story so fill me in on the rest…” Meredith wanted to tell her so bad that the words almost flew out of her mouth. But she couldn’t do it.
“ It’s too embarrassing…” Meredith said.
“ Honey, embarrassing stories make you blush with awkwardness, not see red with anger..” Arianna pointed out. Meredith nodded in agreement but still felt a little embarrassed by the whole situation.
“Girl, you know you can tell me Anything right? I mean, we are best friends.” Arianna said curiously. Meredith looked up surprised by her statement but nodded.
“ I know, but this hard for me…It was the worst week of my life!” She said. Arianna stayed quite waiting for her to continue. Mustering up the courage Meredith began to tell her everything.
“ Well, okay I was really young like 17, 18, and I just got a job at J-14 for a teen column on entertainment news. I was so excited it was the best thing ever to happen to me. My first BIG assignment was to interview *NSYNC, and see how life on the road was treating them, and what was up with their new Album, stuff like that,” Arianna nodded as she continued. “ So I go do the interview and Justin and I hit it off great in this simple I really like talking to you kind of way. I naturally develop more than friendly feelings for him, but of course he’s dating Britney. We exchange numbers anyway and we talked a lot on the phone, he’d call if he was having problems with her, and I’d call just to talk to him. Bobbie was hanging around them at the time, she wasn’t dating JC, but she had a small job with J-14 as a fact checker, and some how she was able to weasel her way into going to see them on tour. So she develops a small crush on Justin and-”
“WHAT! Justin? He’s like 13 years younger than her!” Arianna exclaims.
“ I know, but that didn’t stop her from wanting him! Anyway, so she’s finds out about Justin and my relationship and goes rambling off to the big wigs at J-14 and they fire me, giving her the job. I called Justin to let him know the article wouldn’t be printed, and sure enough 1 month later the friggin thing is their main spread. Then she gave up on Justin and she and JC started dating, and the rest was history…” Meredith said. She glanced up as their waitress was walking towards them with their order and the two thanked her after she placed their food on the table. Once she walked away Arianna raised a questioning eyebrow.
“ I’m confused about something…” Meredith looked up from her pasta dish and curiously nodded her head.
“Well, how did you and Justin end up together?” Arianna asked. She had always assumed they simply kept in touch after the article was written.
“Honestly, pure luck. I was too embarrassed to tell him what had happened, I had fibbed a little to him about what had actually taken place. I told him I quit, and that Bobbie would simply be taking over for me. I also told him I had a boyfriend to see if it would make him jealous, and well let’s just say I wish I had never lied to him. Once him and Britney had really hit it off and went public, I couldn’t take it. So, I cut off all ties and basically stopped talking to him. Then one night we both ended up at Plush, this really nice club in Manhattan and made up I guess you could say. Then the rest was…well history.” Meredith said smiling at the memory. Her and Justin had definitely made up. They had sparks flying that night and hormones were definitely racing on that dance floor. Justin had whispered for her to come back with him to his hotel, and she couldn’t refuse. She had wanted to be with him since she did the interview, and she wasn’t about to turn down what she thought was her only opportunity. But it wasn’t, he refused to let her leave in the morning, and he called her everyday since. The two had an odd relationship at first and had finally just reached a point where they both felt comfortable, and reassured about where they stood.
The two finished their meals with much lighter conversation and quickly left. After jumping into the car, Arianna headed back to the hotel, knowing the show would be over very soon, and the guys would be back with in the hour.
“ Ari?” Meredith asked as the two made their way up to Meredith and Justin’s room.
“Yea?”
“ Please don’t say anything….even to JC….please..” Meredith pleaded. It wasn’t something she wanted anyone to know about, and she didn’t feel the need for them to anyway.
“Mere….it’s not a big deal…the guys will understand.” Arianna said stepping into the room after her and taking off her coat.
“ It is to me, I really don’t want him to find out. Please….promise me!” Arianna looked at her pleading face and nodded in agreement against her better judgment. She knew they deserved some sort of explanation, and it was such a silly thing to be upset about. But, she was upset about it and Arianna would never want to but her into a situation like that.
“ I promise…” she said. Meredith released a sigh and hugged Arianna thanking her repeatedly. Deciding to lighten up the mood Arianna said, “ Hey mere I have an idea. The guys will be back in a little while so why don’t you order desert for everyone and I’ll see what movies are on tonight, and we’ll all just relax…” Meredith nodded in agreement and went to the phone to order their food. After a little while the hotel door was opened and JC and Justin collapsed their exhausted bodies onto the bed.
“ Hey Pooch, how was the show?” Arianna asked JC as she scooted towards him. He turned over so he was on lying on his back and she rested at his side. He placed a hand on her arm pulling her towards him as he brought his lips to hers to kiss her softly. He then hugged her tightly to him and he nuzzled his face in her neck.
“So amazing, and yet so tiring!” He said causing her to giggle at the feel of his breath on her neck.
“ Aww, well me and Meredith ordered us some dessert but if your tired we can go back to the room and go to sleep.” She said as she ran her fingers soothingly through his hair. When his tired eye’s looked up at her, she didn’t need a verbal answer.
“ Okay baby, come on….” She rose from the bed standing in front of him with her legs between his and put her hands out for him to take. He lifted his exhausted muscle from the bed and placed his hands in hers allowing her to half pull him up as he stood also. Leaning his head on her shoulder Arianna laughed as she turned him towards the door.
“ Mere, Jus, I think were calling it a night before he passes out on your floor!” she said pulling their door open.
“ Okay, goodnight Ari, thanks for everything!” Meredith said. Arianna winked at her and smiled at Justin before pulling her sleepy husband to their room. Justin turned his head towards Meredith who he had taken a seat next to. He had yet to speak, but he was still in a daze from the show. The show was exciting and he was tired, but that wasn’t what the lost expression on his face was about. What had gone on before? He had never in his life seen a woman of such character change so quickly at the appearance of another. He knew that woman were stereotyped with being catty about jobs, but he was well aware it wasn’t about the stupid job. The look of utter distaste and hatred that Meredith had towards Bobbie was look he had never seen on her. He was confused and very curious what their history was, and he was more than willing to find out.
“Mere?” Justin said so softly she didn’t think she’d heard him.
“ yea sweetie?”
“ Are you okay?” he asked. She turned to look at his face which was covered with genuine concern and she nodded her head yes.
“ Fine, why wouldn’t I be?” She asked as she moved her entire body towards him. He sat with his back against the head board and his legs straight out in front of him. He raised an eyebrow as he shifted slightly to face her.
“Well, just…today, that whole thing with you and Bobbie….I-”
“Oh, don’t worry about that, it’s nothing.” She said cutting him off.
“ I don’t think it’s nothing if your so quick to dismiss it, I mean sweetheart, you looked like you two could spit fire!” Justin said pulling his legs in to sit Indian style. Rolling her eye’s Meredith waved her hand dismissing his comment.
“ Baby, don’t do that, come on…” He said taking her chin in his hand and forcing her to look at him.
“ I don’t want to talk about it Justin.” She stated simply.
“Why not?”
“ I just DON’T okay!?” She snapped. Justin moved back from her slightly and his eye’s widened.
“What’s the big deal Mere? I thought you two left on good terms?”
“Dammit Justin, we just didn’t okay? Let…it…go!” She removed her self from the bed and walked over to her suit case pulling out her hair brush and pony tail holder.
“ Meredith talk to me….What happened between you and Bobbie?” Justin asked his eye’s followed her every movement.
“JUSTIN! STOP!” she yelled frustrated as he hands clenched at her sides. Her knuckles were on the verge of turning white as her hand tightly clasped the handle of the brush.
“What the hell Meredith!? Why can’t you just tell me!?”. He winced when he heard her let out a bitter laugh.
“Just like always hu Jus?” she said turning to face him.
“What?” he asked confused.
“Me and you. Fighting as usual….it’s what were good at isn’t it?.” She raised her eyebrow as she crossed her arms over her chest. He was silent with his mouth open in shock as he let her words sink in. Groaning in frustration he placed his arms at his side again.
“ Where is this all coming from? I mean….how can you say that? I don’t know what is going on with you but my lord….GET OVER IT!” He said standing from the bed.
“With me?! Why can’t you just let it go!?” She said. She felt like a 4 years old ready to stomp their feet because their mommy made them tell the truth. She wasn’t ready, she didn’t think she’d ever be!
“How can you sit there and tell me you love me and you trust me, when you can’t even tell me something stupid that happened between you and Bobbie!?” Justin said his voice cracking with emotion.
“It’s not stupid okay! I just- I CAN’T tell you Justin!” She said defeated. Justin’s gaze turned towards her face and the two where silent for what felt like hours. Justin cleared his throat and finally spoke.
“Fine, when you are ready to talk about it, to talk to ME, then we will continue with us. I can‘t be in a relationship with someone who‘s afraid to talk to me about things, that are obliviously upsetting them, So….Until then, I think we should take a break” Justin said adjusting his stance.
“ You can’t be serious….” She said her voice on the verge of giving out to her tears. Justin’s head fell downward as tears began to stream down his face. He didn’t move as she let out a short breath and quickly headed for the door.
“ Meredith, wait-” He was cut off by the slamming of the door. “Shit….”



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki