Under Cover by Liz


Number of reviews: 16
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Chapter 17
The guys all filled into the conference room as they waited to hear what Detective Corrance had to say. Lance was released from the hospital the day after and Xander and Julie were no where to be found. They hadn’t received a phone call or letter indicating any type of ransom, and that worried everyone. Justin had finally gotten over the shock of everything and ended up breaking a few hotel lamps. JC had been able to control his anger, but everyone believed it’s because he hadn’t eaten or slept for the past 2 days. No one knew where the girls where, no one knew if they were okay, if they were injured, or even alive. Everyone was telling JC and Justin not to worry, things would be fine, it would all work out. They didn’t believe a word it.

JC took a seat in-between his mother and Arianna’s. His mother had flown in that morning, and Arianna’s family had gotten in the night before. He knew they were all upset, but he couldn’t be the shoulder for them to cry on when he felt like he needed more than anyone. It was a selfish thing to say but it was how he felt. His pregnant wife and one of his closest friends were missing. Not just missing, kidnapped. He cringed as he thought of the word. Kidnapped. He was only upsetting himself and he knew he had to pay attention to what the detective was saying. JC looked up only to realize that they had already started.

“We all understand that this is a very difficult time for all of you. But that doesn’t give you a reason not to carry on with your normal routines…” Justin snapped his head up at those words and wanted to punch the guy for saying it. He felt a hand cover his and he looked down only to recognize it as his mothers. She gave him a small smile and he tried to reciprocate but couldn’t bring himself to do so. He didn’t feel like doing anything but kicking the shit out of that son of bitchwho took Meredith and Arianna. He just wanted them back, he wanted her back, then and only then would he go back to his ‘normal routines’. The meeting continued and it was a bunch of fluff they had heard several times before. The FBI was brought into it, and all the guys were resistant at first. Weren’t they the reason they were in this mess? They hired crappy and unreliable agents?!

“So does anyone have any questions?” Detective Corrance asked. JC looked around the room and was met with a face of confusion and agony mirroring his own. JC nodded and Justin raised his hand before clearing his throat.

“Yes Mr. Timberlake?”

“What do we do?” He asked softly.

“I’m sorry?” The detective asked leaning more towards him. He cleared his throat again and stood up.

“What do we do? I can’t- WE can’t just sit here waiting for this asshole to hurt someone else! I can’t run on stage singing my little heart out when it’s missing! It’s been kidnapped and your sitting here talking about ‘doing normal routines’ @#%$ normal routines. NOTHING will be normal until they are back, and safe! Am I talking loud enough for you now?” Justin had started out his little statement slightly calm, but he had ended up screaming. He didn’t mean to but it was extremely hard for him just to sit back and take all this. Just had riled him self up so much he didn’t notice the figure enter the room.

“I can assure you we will do anything and everything to get these girls back. I give you my word, I will not rest until they are back. Arianna was very close to me, she trained with Julie and I’ve known them both since they were in their mother’s stomach’s” JC’s head shot up as he recognized the booming voice. Detective Heart moved from the doorway closer to the long conference table were every was looking at him. The very same man that had turned his entire world upside down no more than 4 years ago was standing in the same room as him. Detective Heart moved towards Arianna’s mother who had stood up to give the old family friend a hug.

“ I am so sorry…” He said hugging her tighter. JC was shocked to see a tear slip from his eye. As much as he wanted to punch him in the face for the past, he knew he was a good allies to have in this situation. Heart turned towards JC and stuck his hand out.

“I hope we can put the past behind us for now….” He said. JC was hesitant but eventually placed his shaking hand into Hearts.

“ The fact that I’m not killing you right now proves how desperate I am to have those girls back, I will do anything to have her back, ANYTHING.” JC whispered lowly for only Heart to hear. Heart nodded and stepped back walking over to Detective Corrance to discuss plans and strategies. Chris let his eyes drift over the entire room. No one small talked, no one smiled, no laughed. He wasn’t even able to cheer any up mostly because he him self couldn’t smile. Tragedy had hit them, and hit them hard. He knew nothing would ever be the same if they didn’t get those girls back safe and sound. He walked over to the large window dropped his chin down to his chest as small tears dripped off his face and onto the carpet.

“Dear Lord please bring them back, please help their families to survive until they get back . Please help JC and Justin cope until this whole mess is over…And please bring them home safe, and watch over them until you do….Thank you…”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Julie walked placed her key into the lock and twisted it open quickly. She prayed to God it was all rumors. She had flown to Washington for a personal matter with an old friend and Xander had been left alone to watch after the case. When she had reached the hotel they were supposed to be staying at she received news that no one was there. The bell hop had told her that the *NSYNC party where still at their previous hotel and that an emergency had occurred causing them to cancel many upcoming shows. Julie had rushed to her room grabbing her suit case and hopped on the first plane back to Tallahassee. She had recognized a few field agents she once trained with and she was to scared to find out why they were hear. She had to get some answered and knew Xander would know what was going on. But he wasn’t in the room. He wasn’t anywhere, and she was on the verge of freaking out. Julie pulled out her cell phone and dialed quickly.

“Hello?” Xander answered. She heard ruffling in the back round and her eye’s widened as she thought she heard a cry for help.

“Where the FUCK are you! What the hell is going on!?” Julie screeched.

“Ahh Julie! Back from your trip ey? Well seems we have a small situation, and well I’m a little preoccupied right now, but I need you to pass a message on to a few desperate nsyncer’s so I’ll be calling you back in, say..oh 1 hour? Great bye” The phone clicked off and Julie made a bee-line for the door. She ran to lobby as fast as she could and asked where NSYNC was at that moment. The girl behind the desk refused to tell her.

“This is an emergency!” Julie yelled.

“ Yea, says you and the 50 girls standing out side….” The girl said. Julie reached into her pocket pulling out her badge and her gun.

“Where. Are. They?” She said. The girls eyes widened as she stuttered out her answer.

“Co-con-f-fer-rence r-r-oom…” Julie put her gun and badge away and nodded before rushing towards the elevators. Julie ran down the hallway and shoved the security guards out of the way. She shoved the door open and all eyes turned towards her in the conference room.

“Holy shit$…” Joey said upon seeing Julie. Justin nearly lunged at her and JC stood running towards her. Heart intercepted him and Lonnie quickly held him back.

“Julie!?” Arianna’s mother Grace said as she stood up shocked.

“ Hi Aunt Grace….Look- I’m just as much in the dark about what the fuck is going on as the rest of you, but I got a phone call…” She said waving her cell phone. Detective Corrance quickly signaled for the others to take the phone and hook up it up to a recording.

“ What? I’m so fucking sure, he’s probably telling you who to take next!” JC yelled struggling to break free.

“OH FUCK you JC! Now, I have no time for this shit, I expect someone to tell me what is going on!?” Julie yelled. Lance looked up and spoke quietly.

“Meredith and Arianna were kidnapped…” Julie’s mouth dropped as her eye’s darted around the room. They landed on Heart who she moved towards.

“What’s going on?” She asked. Heart nodded towards the hallway and Julie quickly followed.

“Xander attacked Lance, kidnapped Arianna and Meredith, and he was the one taking all the money. Well, not him directly he was-”

“He was forcing Lance too…..SHIT” she said going over the conversations he over heard in her head.

“You knew!?” Heart asked his eyes widening.

“No! Well, I mean yes, I knew someone was black mailing Lance. I had over heard him talking on his cell, but I didn’t know it was Xander!” She said. Heart nodded and they made their way back into the room. Lance was going over what had happened that night.

“ So Arianna and I decided to go back up to the room and that’s when it happened…” Lance said. Julie listened carefully as the detective asked him similar questions over and over again. She felt horrible looking around the room. Everyone in here was slowly breaking as they had to listen - and re listen to the horrible event. But then something struck her.

“Wait, you and Arianna?” Julie asked

“Yes….Meredith had gone up already..”

“How long before?” Julie asked quickly. All eye’s turned to her curious what she was getting at.

“Umm, about 10 minuets why?”

“ There’s two!” she said.

“There’s more than two!” lance said getting irritated. “ I was attacked and Arianna was grabbed by more than one person!”

“NO! I mean there are two of them behind this, Xander always works with some one. He’d never trust a lackey to take Meredith, she had to be taken by someone else directly involved!” Julie said. Heart shook his head interrupting.

“ He could of taken her and then went to get Lance and Arianna…”

“Possibly, but I doubt he’d risk being seen dragging two people through a hotel! Plus Arianna or lance would off seen Meredith with him if he did…No, there has to be someone else involved…”Julie said pacing back forth. The guys looked around the room glancing at each other. JC finally stood up and walked to the door.

“Joshua?” His mother called. He turned back tears in his eyes,

“I can’t sit here and listen to this, I’m going to look for them. I refuse to just sit on my ass and debate if there was two of them or not. I could care less if there was 400, I want my wife back. I want my friend back. And I want my unborn baby back….”He said slamming the door. Justin quickly stood up and followed, as did the rest of the group.

“We’ve got to find them….”Julie said looking Heart. He nodded in agreement.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki