Under Cover by Liz


Number of reviews: 16
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Chapter 2

The busy airport was the last place Julie wanted to be. She had just spent the last 6 hours on a small contraption they call a ‘private jet’ and she was less than amused. After sitting up all night thinking and packing she was terribly uncomfortable the entire plane ride there.

“What am I doing here?” She asked her self only to be met with a laugh from her partner as he placed an arm around her.

“It’s called being undercover, and I for one cannot wait to hit those slot machines…bring it on City of Lights!” He joked. She looked at him before smacking the back of his head with her palm.

“ First off it’s the City that never sleeps, your thinking of Paris. Second off, you will NOT be ‘hitting those slot machines’. Were here for this investigation and the sooner this is over, the sooner we can go” She pushed her way over to the luggage belt and pulled her duffle bag from the moving platform. She turned to look for Xander only to see him sitting at the slot machines in the Air port his bag placed by his side.

“ What are you doing?!” She hissed. He looked up at her and pulled down the lever only to loose.

“What does it look like? Damn!! Lost my first game, it’s all good I have plenty of time here” He reached down and picked up his bag as he tugged her arm

“Don’t just stand there lets get out of here, I don’t know about you but after 6 hours in airports I need a shower!” The couple hailed a taxi and loaded their things into the car before driving towards the MGM.

“ You two here on your honey moon?” The cab driver asked. Julie groaned as she realized their cover-ups were begging sooner than she hopped.

“ No sir, were married, just taking a quick visit here to Sin city” Xander replied.

“ Well you two have a good time now ya hear?’ He said as they pulled up to the Hotel. Xander paid the man and retrieved their bags before placing them on the cart for the bell hop to take to their rooms.

“I’m gonna go call Heart, you check us in okay?” Julie asked looking at Xander. He nodded and headed inside the lavish hotel towards the front desk. Julie stayed out side and pulled out her cell phone.

After informing Heart they had made it there safe and sound she headed towards the hotel entrance. She glanced around before spotting Xander at the counter. She headed over to him and he smiled at the women behind the desk and took their room key’s into his hands. As Julie approached him he held out his hand to her indicating her to take it as he walked them toward the elevators.

“We're in the emerald tower? You’d think they’d stay in a suit, but no, they’re in regular rooms!” Xander said almost as if in ‘awe’. Julie shook her head.

“Xan, where in VEGAS, at the MGM, all of their rooms are celebrity status, it’s a great place to stay” She said. He looked at her and smiled.

“So you’ve been here before hu?” He asked. She nodded and moved over as more people entered the elevator.

“Yea, a few times. Once when I was 15 and again a few years ago she convinced me to come out and meet the guys at one of their event , that was when-” She stopped and he was about to push the issue when he followed her gaze to the door. Justin Timberlake and Lance bass both stepped onto the elevator and turned their backs to Julie and Xander as Justin reached over to push their floor number. Xander looked at her with wide eyes as she hid behind him trying to block her self from the mirror located on the side wall next to Justin.

“@#%$” she said as the doors opened up at their floor. When no one made a move to get out of the elevator Justin pushed the ‘ door open’ button and looked at the people in the elevator.

“Is this anyone’s floor? “ he asked. Thinking quickly Xander let out a gasp.

“ O wow! Yes this is ours. I wasn’t even paying attention, thanks man! Come a long honey” he said blocking Julie from Justin and Lance’s view as he hurriedly ushered them out of the elevator.

“ No problem man” Justin said as the elevator doors finally closed and Julie let out a breath.

“ That was too close” She said

“ You’d think they would recognize you?! And besides don’t you want them to know you’re here?” He asked

“ I want to see her first, and I’d like to settle my nerves before jumping back into everything” She said as they walked to their room.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Right so, we have a meeting in like 2 hours, you and I still have yet to move from our bed, get dressed, or shower today, and you want to site see a little before the meeting?” JC laughed as his wife giggled and nodded her head. The couple had decided to sleep in that morning, and now it was late afternoon and the two were tangled in their sheets. The group had a meeting to discuss their financial demon named Jeff who was under suspicion of stealing from the group, among other issues that were just being brought to their attention.

“ Please!? I know for a fact that after that meeting you have sound check, and then you’ll want to rest up before the show, and then dinner and then , the show which will have the 5 of you hyper for a total of 1 hour and then you’ll shower and pass out for the night, well you will, Justin and Joey will hit a club, lance will call Shelly and Chris will come in here and watch a movie with me because my boring husband is asleep” Arianna let out in one breath. Jc laughed and shook his head pointing a finger at her.

“ I am not boring!” he said sliding out of the covers and heading toward the bathroom to shower. He looked behind him and noticed Arianna resting up on her elbows watching him.

“ Aren’t you coming!?” He said in shocked voice. She laughed and lept out the bed as the couple hurried into the bathroom. After a quick shower they got dressed for the day and headed out of their room only to be presented with Joey and Chris about to knock on their door.

“ Hello Mr. Fatone, Mr. Kirkpatrick, to what do we owe the pleasure?” Arianna said bowing her head at them. Joey laughed and pulled her from JC’s grasp as he walked down the hallway with her.

“ We were to inquire if you and the lady would like to accompany us to Lunch” Chris said in a horrible British accent.

“ Or, err breakfast for you two” Joey added as Arianna tossed JC a wink.

“ We were just headed downstairs to eat so we would love to!” She replied as Lonnie trailed behind the group.

“Where’s Lance and Jus?” Arianna inquired

“ Lance went to spend , or should I say loose money at the casino’s,” Joey said stepping into the elevator. Arianna laughed as she placed an around Joey’s waist as he kept his firmly around her shoulders. “ And Justin is off calling his woman because they had another fight, surprise, surprise”. JC and Chris entered the small elevator and the doors shut

“ Hey, that’s my wife your stealing” JC said smiling at them. Chris placed an arm around JC and kissed his cheek soundly.

“ Don’t worry Sizzle, I’ll keep you company” Chris said as the group laughed. They reached the main floor and headed towards the slew of restaurant located in their hotel.

“Wait, before we head over hear, Buffet or restaurant?” Lonnie asked. Arianna looked over at the 3 men contemplating and she pointed towards the restaurants.

“ They have the best Mexican restaurant here, it’s amazing we have to check it out” She said placing her small hand into JC’s and pulling him towards the small place.

“ Ya know the last time I came here We saw Robin Williams in there” she said pointing to the Emeril’s Fish house. JC nodded and squeezed her hand as they reached the restaurant. Lonnie made a quick reservation and the 4 were seated immediately. After placing there order Arianna looked around the area.

“ Vegas is amazing, only here could you have a 2 floor mall like lobby, and like 10 pools right out side , plus an arena and chapel right across from each other ,amazing” She said. She continued to look around and her eye’s light up as she remembered her favorite part of the hotel.

“ Hey Chris” She whispered as Joey and JC chatted about the upcoming show.

“ Yes, are you finally willing to elope with me and leave JC?!” He said causing Arianna to laugh.

“ Maybe later, do you know what they have here!” She said Chris shook his head unsure of what she was talking about.

“ Not only do they have the Arcade right next store, but they have the Lion’s Exhibit here!” She said excitedly. Chris’s face matched her child like excitement and the two winked at each other before turning to Joey and JC.


“ Oh Honnnneeeeey” They said at the same time.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“ So what are we gonna do first?” Xander asked glancing at Julie. She looked down at the schedule in front of her and shrugged.

“They have a meeting in an hour so they’re probably just relaxing in their rooms or something, so why don’t you and I go look around the hotel, I know you’ve never been here before and this probably the only chance you’ll get to look around” She said reaching for he sweater. Xander nodded and the two where out the door. They headed for the lobby and Julie showed him all her favorite places in the hotel.

“ Dang how long did you stay here for?!” He asked in amazement she remembered everything.

“ Total probably about 3 ½ weeks, I love this place it’s just a good reminder of all the fun I had before this job” She said sarcastically. HE ignored her comment and noticed the large glass cage in the corner of the main casino.

“What’s that?” He asked pointing at it.

“ Hu? Oh, that’s the lion’s cage, ya know the whole theme of the Hotel, it’s only fitting they have lions in it, plus there’s a mini stage inside that area over there for jazz performances and stuff.” She told him “ Man we couldn’t pull her away she loves that stupid cage, she’s too scared to go under the glass where you can look up at the lions, but she’ll stand out side the glass for hours if she could” Julie laughed at the memories of trying to pull her away from the exhibit.

“Well come on I want to check it out!” He said pulling her hand. As the two got closer Julie noticed a girl similar to Arianna, except her hair was a lot longer then the last time she saw her. She scanned the girl over and noticed her yellow baby tee with Alf on it and almost gasped when she realized who it was. She looked closer and noticed her stomach protrude slightly.

“Arianna!” Julie hadn’t realized she said it out loud until Xander looked around.

“Where?!” He asked. Julie pulled him away from the exhibit

“ Right there, in front of the ELVIS sign, look she has a yellow shirt on holding JC’s hand, @#%$! Joey and Chris are with them too!” Julie Observed

“ She really loved those lions I guess!” Xander said pushing Julie towards them.

“WHAT ARE YOU DOING!!!” She hissed slipping from his grasp, she tried to quickly get past them without noticed but her prayers went unanswered.

“Julie!?” Arianna called in a questionable voice. Julie stopped with her back to them and hesitated before turning around with a fake smile on her face.

“Hey Ari, what brings you here?”


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki