Under Cover by Liz


Number of reviews: 16
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Chapter 7
“ So basically Arianna was going to be an FBI agent, and her partner, that would be Julie, and her family made her choose between that and JC?” Meredith said as she looked at Justin. The two were sitting in their hotel room waiting for everyone to get ready for dinner. Meredith had been itching to know what was going on between Arianna and Julie, and what her and Xander had to do with the tour. Justin answered all for her he could but there were still so many big chunks missing. Like why was Xander and Julie watching them if they were investigation one of the road crew? Well they didn’t actually say that but….wait….
“ Hey J?” Meredith asked from her position curled up to his side. Meredith was ready to go 15 minuets ago, and had a good 45 minuets to kill.
“ Yea babe?” Justin asked his attention half on her, and half on the Laker’s game.
“ Do you think Xander and Julie are really here for someone else?” she felt Justin move underneath her and she turned her head to look him.
“ What do you mean?"  He stopped and narrowed his eyes at her.  She stared back and suddenly his eyes widened and he gasped a little.  "Did you- I mean.- Have you-Mere, is there something you need to tell me?” She looked at him for a moment like his was crazy and finally started laughing when she realized he thought maybe she had done something. The look on his face proved he was more lost than ever. She shook her head calming her self before she spoke.
“ NOT ME! Jeesh! Who do you think I am! I mean one of you, or Arianna maybe!” She said. He cocked his head sideways before asking,
“ Us? None of us have ever done anything to have the FBI after us….except maybe Lance swindled the card dealer when we were playing Black Jack last night. Did you know he won 500$!”
“ JUSTIN! Hey there! Back to the issue! What I’m trying to say it maybe there just trying to get close to her or something, I didn’t say she or you guys were criminals, I just mean maybe Julie and Xander have alternative motives..” she sighed when he realized her point.
“Ohh, I see what your saying….Maybe you never know, it all seems odd to me anyway, we run into them in Vegas and all of a sudden they have a case on our tour? I don’t know what, but something isn’t right..” He said. Meredith sighed and rested her head on his shoulder.
“Well, I’ve got to hop in the shower before dinner…” Justin said standing up. Meredith shivered at the sudden loss of warmth and turned off the tv.
“ Jus? I think I’m going to go down to the bar for a little bit..” Meredith said grabbing her purse and coat.
“ Are you sure you don’t wanna join me?” He asked wiggling his eyebrows.
“ I’d love too, but I need a drink!” She said smiling at him.
“ Okay baby, be careful please?” He said sticking his head out of the bathroom door. She nodded and walked over to him giving him a quick but loving kiss before heading out the door.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“ Xander this isn’t going to be easy! Not only do we have Justin and I’m sure the rest of the guys breathing down our backs, but heart too! I can’t do this anymore…” Julie said pacing the floor of their hotel room.
“ Jules….look I know I’ve been quite the asshole these last few days, but I’m worried about you! You’re normally all the job, you never let anything stand in your way, and now…Now your going crazy on me on one of our biggest cases yet!” Xander said standing and holding her shoulders grabbing all her attention.
“ I know, I know, it’s just seeing her was a lot harder than I thought it would be!” Julie said looking at him with pleading eyes. Xander sighed and pulled her to him in a comforting hug. Julie closed her eyes at the new found warmth and put her tiny arms around his waist.
“ Xan, this is so hard!” She said burying her face in his chest. He kissed the top of her head before answering her,
“ Then we do it together, I’ll be your back up and you’ll be mine!” he said. She laughed and looked at him with a DUH face.
“ Umm, Xander, we signed a contract 3 years ago stating that! If it wasn’t enforced before now, then now it’s no good!” she said laughing. He smiled watching her eye’s light up as she laughed at his comment. It was good too see her laugh, and knowing he was the one who made it that way only made it better.
“ Well I have an idea, instead of sitting in this stuffy room, let’s go down to the bar and discuss the case there!” he suggested. Julie nodded and gathered her things as they headed for the door. Xander grabbed the case file on the way out as he shut the light.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“ Ari? Baby? You okay?” JC asked knocking on the bathroom door. Arianna had stormed back into the room and JC did everything to calm her down. His brain finally kicked in and he drew her a nice bubble bath with candles and music to boot. That was almost an hour ago that she stepped into it and he was slightly worried. He heard her giggle and a smile washed over his face. He turned the knob to the door and laughed when he saw her with bubbles up to her chin and the book “what to expect while your expecting” half way in the water.
“ Hellloooo baby” She said looking up as the cool air from the open door hit her warm skin.
“ Hey mama, you almost done in here? We’ve got to get ready for dinner! Plus you’re going to look like a prune!” he said kneeling next to the tub. She leaned over and kissed him soundly before placing the book down.
“ Yea, do me a favor and hand me the towel please?” She asked . He reached over onto the counter and used it to pull himself up. He took the brown fluffy towel and opened it holding it out for her to step into.
“ Thank you sir” She said as she stepped into the towel. He wrapped it around her before hugging her to himself.
“ You smell good” She said. He laughed and playfully sniffed her neck acting as if he was a dog, playfully snorting as she laughed and tried to move away from him.
“ STOP!!! JOSHUA!!” She said fully laughing. He smiled pulling her into a loving kiss. The two stayed wrapped up in each other, her in just a towel standing in front of the open door. She shivered as the temperature in the room decreased.
“ Cold baby?” He asked rubbing her back trying to create some friction.
“ Yes, but I think it’s the lack of clothing!” She laughed moving out of his embrace and into the room. He stayed behind watching her with pure love in his eyes. She stuck her head back in the door and smiled at him. “ Coming?”
“ Maybe later tonight, but that’s entirely up to my sexy wife..” He said laughing at her dropped jaw before he tackled her into the room.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“ So, this Meredith girl, do we have anything else on her?” Xander asked while sipping on a Jack & Coke as they sat at the bar.
“ Nothing other than this is the first tour she’s been on, and she’s a journalist for the New York Times…” Julie said sipping her own Apple Martini.
“ So basically she’s who were going to have to watch now?” he said re-looking over the pictures of Meredith in the files.
“ I don’t think so, it’s a far stretch she hasn’t been with them long enough..” Julie disagreed. She put the pictures of Meredith and Justin back in the file and pulled one out of Arianna and JC.
“ I just don’t think they’re responsible” Julie said “ I mean, look how hectic their life is, they wouldn’t have the time to plan, or carry out anything! It doesn’t add up!” Julie said. She swigged down the rest of her drink and stood leaving the bar. Xander sighed and shut the folder turning in the direction she left. Out of the corner of his eye he saw a familiar figure running away quickly.
“ Shit…”


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki