Under Cover by Liz


Number of reviews: 16
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Chapter 9

“So what was that?” Justin asked as him and Meredith walked back to their room.
“ What was what?” she said pushing the door open. She placed the room key on the table and sat on the bed taking off her shoes.
“ At dinner with Arianna!? Were you trying to send her into early labor?” he asked getting upset about it
“ Jesus Justin! She deserves to know” Meredith said standing up to him.
“ Look, I’m not saying she doesn’t but now is Not the time for that! She’s gone through enough today!”
“ What , so you want me to hide it from her until you think she can handle it? She’s a big girl Justin, and if positions where flipped I’d want her to tell me!” Meredith huffed before crossing her arms. Justin sighed realizing the situation had gone far enough.
“Whatever Mere, lets just drop it! lets just get ready for bed…” He said changing out of his cloths. Meredith nodded in agreement and began changing into her Boxer shorts and Damien Rice Tee. They got into bed and Justin leaned over her turning off the light. He leaned down and kissed her forehead tenderly. He cuddled her to him and sighed in content. His hand began affectionately rubbing her stomach and he kissed the side of her neck softly.
“What are you doing?” She asked raising her eyebrows.
“ Nooothing….Just saying good night” He said returning to her neck.
“ Justin…” She asked playing with his hand on her stomach.
“Mhmmm” He asked still nuzzled in her neck and hair.
“ Don’t you find it odd that Xander and Julie have showed up for two gigs, and yet they claim they only found out about their so called assignment recently?” Meredith continued to ramble on and Justin began to get annoyed at her.
“Meredith! Will you shut up so I can seduce you please!” he said trying to lean in and kiss her. Her hand on her chest stopped him and he was shocked to find a very pissed off Meredith looking back at him.
“What!? Is that all you think about!?” She asked sitting up. He groaned and covered his face in his hands.
“ Only when I’m around you…” Justin said with a smile. She all but nearly smacked him before rising from the bed.
“Are you KIDDING ME!? That’s all were about isn’t? Sex? That’s it! We always fight, and when were not fighting were screwing, and that’s it!” she said as she began searching for her things.
“Meredith! Are you crazy! Baby girl come on you have got to be joking!” He said walking towards her. She shoved a pair of pants and a shirt in her bag before pulling a sweatshirt over her head. She slid away from him slipping her sandals and reached for the door handle.
“ I’m not crazy! I know what I saw! And if you don’t believe me than maybe we should just end this now!” She said pulling the door open and stomping out.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A loud knocking woke Arianna up from her sleep. JC’s arms were throw protectively over her stomach and he was cuddled up to her side. She groaned as the pounding sounded again and she glanced at the clock. 1:45am? Who the hell is at the door! Arianna put her hands on JC’s arm to remove it but he pulled away kissing her forehead.
“ No Baby, I’ll get it” He said walking towards the door. He looked through the peep hole to see a fuming Meredith on the other side. He laughed and turned towards his wife, “ Guess who it is…” He said as he unlocked the door and opened it wide letting her walk in.
“ Thanks C, I’m sorry for coming so late but I need to talk to Ari..” She said tears forming in her eyes. Hearing her name and the distress in her friends voice Arianna stood up from the bed and walked her to her.
“ Mere what’s wrong Hun?” She asked hugging her friend. Meredith sat down on the small maroon lounge chair and cried into her hands.
“ Me and J had a fight…” JC rolled his eye’s suppressing a laugh. ‘what else is new!’. Arianna through him a warning look before putting a comforting arm around Meredith.
“ What happened?” She asked. Meredith looked at JC and then back at Arianna before blurting the whole story out.
“We were talking about- “ Meredith stopped glancing at Arianna’s slightly protruded belly and remembered what Justin had said. He was right they don’t need any more stress right now. “…God I don’t even remember something insignificant , and he was trying to….you know and then I just had one thought that we were only about sex and it took a whole life of it’s own, and I yelled at him for only wanting sex out of this relationship. I mean, We fight and if were not fighting-”
“ Your screwing?” JC said. Arianna took the throw pillow and chucked it forcefully at his head.
“Joshua!” She said. Meredith shook her head, “ No he’s RIGHT! And I’m tired of it! I care about him so much, but I don’t think he wants anything more out of this than what we have now!” She moved her self from the lounge chair to the sofa and laid down. Arianna took the blanket off JC and hers bed and put them over Meredith.
“ Mere,” She said sitting down on the edge of the couch. “ I’ve known Justin for a long time, and after that whole mess with you know who..” Meredith grumbled at the mention of Britney’s and his break up. “ He was somewhat of a player, not to a crazy-buying-alligator shoes- extent, but yes he did date around a lot, and wouldn’t commit.” She nudged Meredith in the shoulder before continuing. “ But with you, He’s different. If that was all you were about Justin’s wouldn’t be bothering with flying you out and begging you to stay for weeks. Justin has never asked ME to call someone and ask them to come out. He’s afraid of rejection with you, and he’s trying to hold onto what he can of your relationship. Talk to him about this Mere, I’m sure he’s sitting in his room pulling his hair out worried sick about you and what your feeling…” Arianna said soothingly. Meredith sat in silence contemplating everything Arianna had just said to her.
“Do I have to do it now?” Meredith asked turning her face into the pillow. Arianna laughed before answering her, “ No, you can stay here, sleep any left over anger off, and in the morning go make up with your man okay?” Arianna said standing up.
“Okay……Ohh but Justin is probably freaking out!” Meredith said beginning to stand up. Arianna pushed her back down and turned towards JC sticking her bottom lip out.
“ Okay, okay I’ll run over and tell J your fine….” JC said walking towards the door. He stopped when he heard Arianna clear her throat and smiled when he heard her move towards him.
“ Forgetting something?” She asked pushing her lips out.
“Oh yea! My sandals, wouldn’t want to walk out barefoot! Thanks Baby, always taking care of me!” He said when he got to the door. Arianna placed her hands on her hips and went to shove the door closed behind him.
“FINE! Be that way!” She said her eye’s twinkling in amusement. JC laughed and leaned over to kiss her but she shut the door in his face before he could.
“ Thanks Arianna…” Meredith said as she watched Arianna get back into the bed.
“ Don’t mention it sweetie, you know I’m always here for ya, okay?” She said looking at her with a smile. Meredith nodded and closed her eyes, letting the exhaustion take over.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Xander?” Julie Called knocking on the bathroom door. Xander had been in there for quite a while and she was beginning to worry.
“ What Jules?” He said opening the door cell phone in hand.
“What were you doing?” She asked. He pushed past her and took out some equipment from the small black bag on his bed.
“ I was just on the phone with Heart, and he thinks it’s a good idea to investigate that Meredith Chick a little more.” He said pulling out to red and black wires with a small micro chip clasp between them.
“ You going to tap her phone?!” Julie said realizing what the wires were.
“ No, WE are going to, were going to sneak into her room and put this chip in her cell phone..” He said gathering everything into his hands. “Where’s your bag put this in there” he said offering the wires out to her.
“Fuck, are you crazy!? We can’t search anything without a warrant you know that! And that’s not going to prove anything! And even if it did, all the evidence will be tossed out!” She said heatedly. He shook his head and looked for her bag.
“ Look, your so fond of proving them innocent and this is the easiest way to do so!” He said finally finding the small black bag. He stuffed a few more items in it and handed it to her. He then took the spare room keys of the guy’s room they had, and shoved it into his pocket.
“ You ready?” He said putting on a large Black jacket.
“ You really think they did this…” Julie said putting her jacket on as well as they walked towards the door.
“It’s doesn’t matter what I think, let’s go.” with that the two walked out into the hallway and towards the elevators.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“ Justin?” JC said while knocking on his door. Justin flung the door in hopes Meredith was with him but was disappointed to see JC.
“ Hey man….” He said looking out into the hallway to see if Meredith was there.
“She’s not here, she’s in our room…” JC said stepping inside his room. Justin rolled his eyes and laughed a little.
“ Should of known…..” He paused a little and JC was about to say something when Justin finally spoke. “ I’m tired of it too….” He said Confused, JC looked at him with raised eyebrows. “We do always fight, and that’s not what I want us to be about C. I really love her and I don’t want to fuck it all up because I was to pussy to say it, or act on it. I don’t want to fight with her anymore, I just want us to be…..us!” He said in a frustrated and troubled tone. Justin looked at JC who was grinning from ear to ear.
“What?” Justin asked. JC laughed and said, “ Did you hear what you just said? You love her, your in Love with her Justin…Go TELL her!” JC said pushing Justin towards the door.
“ NOW!?”
“ YES NOW! You said it your self you don’t want to fuck this up, so DON’T! Go to her right now and tell her…” Justin realized JC was right and sudden surge of adrenaline ran though him. He looked at JC who was trying to shove him out the door and he let out a laugh before running to Arianna and JC’s room. He stopped and ran back to JC and stuck out his hand.
“What?” JC asked
“ Umm, can I have your room key…” He said. JC laughed and simply walked a head of Justin opening the door.
“ Baby?” Arianna asked seeing JC walk in. When she saw the other figure behind he she began to sit up in bed. JC was quick to walk to her and kissed her before she questioned the other person. JC got back in the bed with her and she squinted to see who the figure was. She smiled when she was a curl sticking out in the dark and turned her back towards the couple to cuddle up to JC.
“ What did you do Pooch?” She said kissing him softly. He smiled at her rubbing his nose with hers.
“ Nothing baby, he just realized he needed to tell her something..” JC whispered to her. The two looked up as they saw Justin and Meredith leaving the room hand in hand and shutting the door softly behind them.
“ Well this was an eventful night…” JC said wrapping Arianna up in his arms.
“ yes it was, and I’m very sleepy” She said closing her eyes. JC smiled and kissed her one last time before whispering an ‘I love you’ and falling asleep.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“ Meredith, I’m so sorry I let this go on for so long…” Justin said as the two were seated on their bed facing each other.
“ Justin, we both fucked up here, and I honestly care about you a lot, and I don’t want this to be over. I just can’t keep doing this, I’m sick of fighting with you and I don’t want to anymore.” She said wiping away the one tear that streamed down her face. Justin almost cried him self seeing her like that. He placed both hands on her face and kissed her softly before resting their foreheads together. He opened his eyes to be met with her brown ones and couldn’t hold back the words from escaping his lips.
“ I love you….” he said so softly she thought she had imagined it. Or maybe she wished she had imagined it.
“What?” She said her eye’s wide with confusion. Justin took one look at her face and cleared his throat.
“ Umm, I’m sleepy let’s go to bed…” he said turning and scooting towards the head of the bed.
“ Umm…..Okay……” She said slowly following him. They both slid under the sheets and Justin turned his back towards Meredith before pushing his pillow around and finally settling down. Meredith looked at his back and let his words sink in as silent tears began to fall. She turned her body so she was no longer lying on her back and couldn’t help the sob that flew from her mouth. She covered his mouth and turned so her face was in the pillow. Unable to control her shaking body she simply gave in and began crying. Justin hearing the sob almost felt his heart break as he turned towards her and saw her troubled body. With out a second thought he pulled her to face him and simply let her cry into his chest with holding her rightly.
“Shhh, baby please don’t cry….” he said as he soothingly rubbed her back in circular motions.
“ I’m just…..so confused by all this J….And it’s not that I don’t care about you I do, but we haven’t even been dating that long yet, and we were fighting no more than 20 minuets ago…..“ She said as the sobs overtook her once again. She tried to stop but couldn’t and he just kept a tight hold on her until they both drifted off into a deep sleep.


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki