You've Got Mel by Erika


Number of reviews: 2
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


JUSTIN

To: jt81@yippee.com
From: mel@nsynclover.com
Subject: Mel is short for Melissa
Date: Tuesday, May 3 (10:10PM)

Hey Justin!

Mel is short for Melissa, but no one ever calls me that. Anyway, you sure know how to make a girl feel good, but… I know I am not beautiful. Actually, my sister's the one who's gorgeous in my family. I'm the ugly duckling… who still has yet to turn into a swan. I think I passed my expiration date and it's never going to happen. But you're really nice to say that to me.

I'm still wondering why you are writing back to me. I mean, you don't do this to all your fans that you just happen to meet, right? I mean, you just don't have the time for it, do you? I am still trying to figure out how I became the luckiest girl in the world.

I guess I just want to say thanks for seeing beneath the surface. Most guys just ignore me because they think I'm too nerdy for them, but you took a chance. You're a great guy for that.

Sorry to get all mushy on you.

TTYL,
Mel



I read Mel's latest e-mail and was a little confused. I mean, was everyone she met just blind? She was absolutely beautiful! One of the prettiest girls I had ever met, and I mean that in all sincerity. All I knew was that if she was the ugly duckling of her family, I really wanted to check her sister out!

I knew that there were lots of pretty girls out there saying that they were ugly because they just wanted to hear someone tell them, "No, you're pretty," to help inflate their egos, but… Mel didn't sound like she even had an ego. And trust me, she was pretty enough to have a huge one and still be tolerable.

It just seemed to me that Mel was different. She was different than most girls I had met. She had a sense of humor, she was sweet, and she was humble. I know that I had only known her for a few days, but she seemed like a really cool girl. I really wanted to meet up with her.

"Hey, Justin, get off of the computer!" Chris screamed at me. "I want to check my e-mail."

"Shut up," I told him. "I'm doing something."

I really wanted to meet Mel again. And for a longer time.

"I said, get off of the computer!" Chris pushed me out of the chair. "You've been online for too long. It's my turn."

"Sign off of my screenname, please." I said from the floor.

"Is there something you don't want me to see?"

I sighed. "Whatever, Chris."

I went over to the couch where Lance was sitting, talking to Joey.

"Yeah, she was hot. I'm thinking of calling her, she gave me her number."

"Who are you talking about?" I asked.

"He's talking about this hot chick he met last night at the club… What was her name again?"

"Her name was Linda. Really hot. I saw her at the bar, she gave me that little look-"

"What little look?"

"You know, the look!" Joey said. "The one that means, 'I know you're from NSYNC.'"

"Oh," I nodded. "Okay, go on."

"So, Linda gave me the little look. I asked her if I could buy her a drink, and she said of course. We chatted a little bit, danced a little bit, and then she gave me her number."

"Score!" Joey gave Lance a high-five.

"Hey, you know that hot girl I was talking about I met at Disneyworld?"

"Uh, yeah…" Lance said.

"Well, we've been e-mailing back and forth and I think we're going to meet up soon."

"Aww, true love." Joey said in a girly voice.

"Shut up, you guys. She seems really cool."

"Yeah, all hot girls do." Lance laughed.

"No, really. She's sort of different. I can't explain it."

"Different how? Does she have three legs or something?"

I punched Lance on the shoulder.

"Of course not." Joey said seriously. "She has three arms!"

"No, apparently that was the girl who dropped the hot dogs on his feet!" Lance cracked up.

"Oh, please don't remind me of her," I grimaced. Out of all the fans I had met, I would have to say that that girl was one of my worst memories. "She ruined my new shoes!"

"What did you say she looked like? Like a car had run her over--twice?"

"And what about her hair? What did you say?"

I laughed. "I said it looked like she sucked her thumb then stuck it in an outlet. She was seriously jacked up. Horn-rimmed glasses, plaid skirt… ugh. She looked like the female Screech."

Lance was rolling on the floor with laughter and Joey had tears in his eyes.

I was wishing that my funny girl, Mel, was there to hear my jokes. I wanted to make her laugh. I wanted to hear her laugh. I wanted to see her laugh. I wanted to see her.


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki