Make Me Love You by Mattison30


Number of reviews: 24
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


And update as requested by Vegas Chick--enjoy!


Chapter 5: Things I’ll Never Say

He drops to his knees, clutching the gun in his hand tighter as he scans his surroundings. She no where in sight, but he can feel that she's getting ready to pounce at any moment. At the sound of rustling leaves, his breath hitches in his throat and he drops further to the ground. With his stomach now resting on the ground he lifts his gun and wraps his slender finger around the trigger, just waiting. His heart is thumping in his ears as he waits for the attack he knows is only a matter of seconds away.

The next thing he knows bullets are flying, whizzing by just over his head. He rolls on his back so he’s able to see the culprit who is hiding behind a bail of hay. Aiming expertly he pulls the trigger and watches in what feels like slow motion as the bullet sails through the air and eventually connects with his target. She falls to the ground helplessly, grasping her left arm in pain as the red liquid soaks through her sleeve.

Victory!

He jumps from his spot in the open field and rushes toward his victim, laughing evilly. It was all too easy. He pumps his fist in the air, but his celebratory dance is cut short when he notices her huddled up in a ball whimpering and crying. He sighs in annoyance. It’s just paint ball, nothing to cry about. Crouching down next to the girl he places a hand on her shoulder. She rolls her shoulders, trying to brush him off.

“I’m sorry okay. I didn’t mean to hurt you.” He apologizes half-heartedly. Girls can be such babies sometimes. “Come on,”

“Get away from me!” She yells. She pushes him away from her as hard as she can, sending him tumbling backwards. He watches from his back as she walks away from him. “I don’t want to do this anymore!”

“Denise, this is the third time we have had to stop because of your whining!” Natalie scolds after lowering her camera and walking out towards the two on the field. “You agreed to do this shoot, so do it.”

“I did not agree to get pelted by paintballs,” She growls back with her well manicured hands pressed firmly to her hips. “I thought I was going to be getting my picture taken with Justin Timberlake.”

“If you feel you cannot complete this shoot as stated in your contract then I suggest you get off my set.” Natalie spit, fire in her green eyes. Justin’s taken back upon seeing this side of her. He still remembers the shy, timid girl he met during their first shoot together. She never would have had the nerve to say something like that back then. That was her first job though. She had changed”for the better according to him. Confidence is a major characteristic he looks for in women and she defiantly encompasses plenty of it.

Denise huffs obviously offended, flipping her perfectly styled blonde hair of her shoulder before storming off the set.

Natalie runs her hands over her face in frustration as Justin approaches cautiously. They obviously hired the wrong girl to finish out this project. This was supposed to be the final day for Justin’s shoot, but it was starting to look like is was going to take a whole lot longer. Natalie was back in charge of the final part of the spread and she had a vision in her mind of what she wanted. Justin would be playing paintball with a Denise”his pretend girlfriend. She didn’t really give them any instructions. Just to play it natural as if they were dating and she, along with Jesse, would take pictures as they interacted. Unfortunately, Denise was not cooperating because it hurt too much to be hit by the paintballs. Not to mention they had no chemistry and were not very convincing as boyfriend and girlfriend.

“Are you okay?” Justin asks, gripping Natalie’s shoulders in his hands and massaging them soothingly. At first she started to pull away from him but the moment his fingers began to move, her entire body immediately relaxed and she moaned out in pleasure.

“I am so stressed out right now.” She whispers, dropping her head back to rest against his shoulder.

“I can feel that.” He answers back surprised she’s allowing him this close to her. At the start of them working together she had understandably given him the cold shoulder and continuously, turned down his advances. After being turned down so many times he eventually stopped trying and just hoped for at least friendship.

Snapping back to reality and noticing all the amused and questioning stares her crew was giving them, Natalie pulls away from him. She turns to face him, a blush covering her cheeks. “You might as well go home. We’re not going to be able to find a replacement for a few days I’m sure.”

He nods with a light smile at her friendly tone. This is probably the nicest she’s been to him since the start of this shoot. “Why don’t you do it?”

“Do what?” She laughs, looking down at her camera instead of up at Justin.

“Take Denise’s spot.” He suggests as if it’s the obvious answer to their problems.

“No way.” She protests, turning her back to Justin. This was a terrible idea. She was not a model and did not feel comfortable in front of the camera. “I’m meant to be behind the camera not in front.”

“Nat, you should do it!” Jesse exclaims excitedly. “You would be perfect. I mean you know exactly what to do because it’s your vision.”

“No,” She repeats stubbornly. There is no way they're going to get her to do this….no way.

~*~*~*~

“I can’t believe you talked me into this.” Natalie mutters as Jesse helps her on with her navy blue jump suit. After buttoning up all the buttons he hands her her clear goggles. She yanks them from his hand with narrowed eyes. “I so hate you right now.”

“Oh stop your cryin’ and take your gun.” He teases. She takes the gun from him and slips the goggles over her eyes. “Let’s get this going.”

She rolls her eyes and briskly walks away from him to the center of the field where Justin is already waiting. He turns to her with a smile once she reaches him. He has no idea what Jesse said to her to get her to agree to this but he’s glad he said it. He doesn’t really know why he so excited but he’s having a difficult time containing it.

“Nice goggles.” He taunts playfully with a snicker.

“Dido,” She replies in monotone. “Let’s get this over with.”

“You can always just give up right now and let me shoot you right here.” He suggests with an evil smile.

She looks up at him mirroring his smile. “Oh it’s on now.”

“Bring it woman!” He says back as they split to their separate corners.

Natalie runs as fast as her legs can carry her away from Justin who is rushing to the opposite side. Checking behind her quickly she jumps behind the nearest blockade. She presses her back to the large object, cradling her gun to her chest and breathing heavily not only from the running but from fear. Justin was out to get her and prove that he could and would beat her. She knew she had no chance of winning. She’d never had good aim and she’d never played paintball before. Justin was experience, having gone with his friends many times. It was hopeless.

Turning to her right she just barely sticks her head to the side. Her eyes dart from side to side trying to spot his tall figure. She sees nothing. He must be hiding. She had to make a move or they would be there all day. Looking into the distance she sees a large log lying just a few feet away. If she was fast enough she could make a break for it and never be touched. Sucking in her breath and counting aloud to three she runs as fast as she can, diving in the air. Her body hits the ground with a thud and from the pain in her right side she knew she was going to have a bruise tomorrow. It wasn’t until she rolled over to prepare to arm herself that she noticed the bright red paint that covered her pained side.

“Damn it.” She cures rubbing her hand over her side. He got her a lot faster than even she anticipated. He was going to give her hell for this. Knowing she was beat she stands, lowering her gun and holding her hands in surrender. Directly in front of her she sees his buzzed head peak from behind a tree.

Seeing her stance of surrender he lowers his gun and starts towards her with a smug smile plastered on his baby face. Just as he reaches her she raises her gun and shoots him three times in the chest, sending blue paint spattering everywhere. She laughs heartily at the shocked look on his face before taking off. Unfortunately for Natalie, Justin has much longer legs than she does and easy catches her. He slings one of his arms around her waist. She looses her balance and sends them both tumbling to the ground laughing.

“Get off of me!” Natalie laughs, pushing at his shoulders as his body shakes as he roars in laughter.

“You cheated!” He exclaims, not moving off her.

“I did not!”

“Did to!”

“Did not!”

“Admit it, you cheated! I had already won when you shot me.” He demands with a smile so bright it could light all of New York.

“You didn’t kill me, I was only wounded.” She answers back smartly, still struggling against him.

“Liar.” Natalie only smiles in response to his accusation.

He smiles right back, lowering his head so their noses are about a millimeter from touching. The smile on Natalie’s face falters and she soon finds herself lost in his gaze and barely able to breathe”and that has nothing to do with the fact he’s lying on her. He nuzzles his nose against hers, his warm breath caressing her parted lips. “Say it,” He whispers.

“Say what?” She whispers back just as quietly. Right now she would say just about anything for him to lower those perfectly plump lips to hers.

“Say that I won.” He grins cockily.

Natalie grins right back at him and raises her right hand to run over his short curls. Bringing her other hand up as well she smashes one of her paint balls on his head. Blue paint slips over his barely-there-hair and face and neck.

“I won.” She laughs.

I guess there was one thing she wouldn’t say.



TBC.....


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki