Fury by Leeann


Number of reviews: 11
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


It was noon by the time theg roup left the stream and headed the next five miles to the cabin which was the halfway mark to they're camp ground.

Alison picked up the pace knowning it would be at least anohter hour before they reached the cabin and they had to be at they're campground before dark, otherwise they could easily get lost.

JC had been nothing but nice to her since they had talked and he was beginning to be overwhelming. She loved JC's voice and she knew it would be so easy to let herself fall in love with him. She wouldn't do it because they were only here for a week and after that he'd go back to his life and he would forget about her.
A loud voice interrupted Ali's thoughts, she turned around and took of her head phones.

"If you're happy and you know it slap your friend." Chris sang as he slapped Justin who was riding next to him.

"How about not." Justin said warding off his attacker.

"If you're happy and you know it slap your horse." Chris sang and patted his horse twice waiting for someone else to follow his lead.

"Chris, how about singing a different song." Ali suggested as nicely as she could.

"I know a song that gets on everybody's nerves, everybody's nerves, everybody's nerves, I know a song that gets on everybody's nerves and this is how it goes." Chris sang as loud as he could.

Ali looked at him and shook her head. She saw that he was about to open his mouth to start singing it again as she circled around and smacked him upside the head.

"Shut up Chris. You are getting on everyones nerves congratulations. Now how about singing a song everybody can sing or at least appreciate."

The rest of the group applauded as Ali rode back to the front of the pack.

"Although lonliness has always been a friend of mine, I'm leavin my life in your hands. People say I'm crazy and that I am blind..."

"Please tlel me that you're not singing Backstreet Boys back there Chris." Ali shook her head at the thought.

What really did it for her was when all the others including Mike started singing with him. This was the first in a long line of weird songs. They went from Backstreet Boys, to Christina Aguilera, to Linkin Park, to Destiny's Child. Many genres were covered within the last hour as Ali sang right along with them.

Next up were knock knock jokes in which Mike started. Normally knock knock jokes weren't such a hit but all the boys kept trying to out due one another. When they get sick of that they all decided to just sit and ride without talking, they all just took in the breath taking view around them.

"THis is probably the most beautiful plcae I've ever seen." JC said breaking the silence.

"I totally agree man." Lance agreed who was right next to him.

"It definatly beats the city and all the constant stress." JC sighed with his eyes closed, face to the sky as the sun beat down on him.

Ali took that moment to look back and check on everybody. Her breath caught in her throat when she saw JC. He had never looked so beautiful. No photograph could ever do this look justice. He looked so angelic and peaceful it almost made her want to cry. She glanced over at Lance who was studying her trying to read her expression. She took that moment to turn back around as she ddin't want to be obvious or be questioned by Lance.

Lance stared at Ali's back wondering what he had just witnessesed. He loked at JC and back at Ali who was still facing forward. He wasn't sure but he could tell something was either happening between them or was going to happen. He smiled knowing it was going to be an interesting week.


"What are you grinning about Lanceton?" Chris asked catching his grin.

"Oh nothing." Lance shrugged nonchalantly.

"It's never nothing. Tell me." Chris demanded riding closer.

"Maybe later." Lance nodded.

"Man, this horseback riding thing is getting old. My butt's starting to get numb, are we almost there yet Ali?" Chris whined turning the conversation to Ali.

"You have to ride up to her remember she can't hear." JC reminded him.

"Oh yeah, ride em cowboys." Chris said as he took off to the front.

"Hey Chris." Ali said as she spotted Chris sitting next to her.

"Heya Alison." Chris nodded.

"Whatchya want?" Ali asked.

"Are we almost there yet? This horseback riding thing is getting old. My butt's starting to get numb." Chris whined again.

"We have a ways to go yet. I'd say ten minutes or so...wait I take that back, I see the cabin from here." Ali squinted as she blocked the sun from her eyes.

"Really? Where, why can't I see it?" Chris demanded trying to see what she was seeing.

"Because you don't know where to look." Ali shrugged answering his question.

"Well show me where to look so I can see." Chris nudged her.

"It's hard to explain, you'll see it when we get closer." Ali told him.

"You're mean." Chris pouted.

"You're childish." Ali retorted.

"I see it!" Chris exclaimed.

Five minutes later they stopped in front of the cabin and dismounted.

"This is the halfway mark. From here it gets steeper and we can't take any horses so we have to walk." Ali said as the group got down from they're horses and stretched they're legs and arms.

"It's beautiful here." Joey looked around.

In front of the cabin was a little lake with a dock and behind the cabin there were trees everywhere. It looked like a scene straight out of a movie.

"Can we stay here tonight?" Justin asked looking around with Joey.

"It's usually not customary but if you want to." Ali nodded with a smile.

Secretly she'd always wanted to stay here because it was one of her favorite spots. It was beautiful and it always reminded her of her past with Ryan.

"Let's stay, can we stay Ali? Please can we stay?" Chris begged jumping in a circle around her.

"Yeah, that's fine." Ali shrugged as she started unloading the pack horse.

"Yeah!" Joey high fived Justin who in turn high fived Chris who jumped at Mike.

"I've never seen so much excitement." Ali smirked sarcastically.

"Yeah, try being with them all the time." Mike chuckled remembering the days when Nsync was a band.

"Poor Mike."

Ali grabbed the saddle bags off the pack horse and brought them in the cabin and started unloading some things she knew they would need for dinner and to munch on. She looked over by the fireplace and smiled when she saw her guitar waiting for her. Her fingers itched to play but she knew it wouldn't be til later that she'd have a chance.

"We're gonna go swimming, you wanna come?" Justin asked coming in the door with his pack.

"Sure." Ali agreed.

Everyone brought they're packs into the cabin and changed into they're swimming things. Chris charged off the dock and was the first one in the water after coming up he made sure everyone know that it was freezing cold. Mike surprised everyone by cannonballing off the dock and made sure to splash everyone who wasnt wet yet. Ali and JC were the last people in the water. JC stormed off the dock as Ali started from shore and walked out to the end of the dock getting used to the water a little bit at a time.

"Stop being a wuss Ali, just jump in." Joey made a huge splash trying to get her wet.

"I'm not being a wuss. I just don't want to dive off the end." Ali replied getting closer.

When you get out here I'm gonna dunk you." Joey threatened.

"And then you can find your way back home yourself." Ali responded catching up to them.

JC watched Ali coming closer and was hypnotized. She looked like a goddess walking into the water with her hair flowing all around her. He thought she never looked more beautiful.

Lance saw the look on JC's face and smiled knowingly. Just then Justin tackled an unsuspecting JC throwing them both farther in the water.

"I can't leave you boys alone for even five minutes." Ali said coming upon the group.

Joey true to his word tried to dunk Ali, but she wouldn't have it she splashed water at him to try to get him away but it just wasn't working. Not watching where she was going, Ali's back bumped into something or better yet a someone. She felt arms around her as she tried to see who it was.

"Now what do we have hear." JC said wrapping his arms around Ali.

"Let me go. He's trying to dunk me." Ali said trying to squirm away.

"Give me a good reason why I shouldn't dunk you myself." JC asked turning her to face him.

Ali looked up at him and her heart fluttered when she met his eyes, "Becuase I'm nice and you wouldn't want to dunk me."

JC looked down at her and smiled evilly. An idea popped into his head that he thought was genious. He picked her up putting an arm behind her back and underneath her legs and started walking towards shore.

"What are you doing? Put me down." Ali said trying to kick herself out of JC's arms.

"But what fun would that be." JC smiled looking in her eyes as he continued walking towards shore.

"Please put me down JC." Ali retorted more frantically.

"Not an option." he said enjoying every minute of this.

Ali realized they were walking on the dock and she wrapped her arms tightly around his neck when she saw he was walking towards the end of the dock. "Put me down JC, please."

JC looked into her eyes and saw what he didnt expect, fear. Something told him he should put her down and stop it but he kept walking towards the end of the dock. JC stopped at the end of the dock and looked at the other guys who were cheering him on and then back down at Ali who was trying to get away. He leaned her over the edge of the water and looked down at her.

"Please don't JC, I can't..."

JC threw her in the water away from everybody so she wouldn't hit them before she could finish her thought. They all watched her surface and then go back down several times before JC realized she wasn't making any headway. He felt his stomach drop as he dove in after her.

Ali was struggling to find the ground below her but it was no help, the water was over her head. She was panicking as she felt the water take hold of her. She could swim when she was ready but she paniced way to easily which was why she tried to warn JC. She was feeling ready to give up when she felt strong arms around her waist and then she was being led to the dock.

JC set Ali on the dock and let her catch her breath. He patted her back as she had a coughing spell. She looked at JC and finished her sentence, "...swim very well."

"I'm so sorry Alison, I didn't know." JC said putting an arm around her looking down at her protectivly.

Ali looked from JC to the other guys who were there waiting for her response to make sure she was okay then she looked back at JC. "It's okay, I tried to warn you but then the next thing I know I was being surrounded by water. You didn't know. I should have told you before I went in."

JC wrapped both of his arms around her and hugged her tightly to him. He'd never been so scared. What really scared him the most was the fact that he was so scared, about someone he barely even knew. There was something about her that made him want to hold her close and protect her forever. Forever? That was such a long time. He'd never felt this way about anyone before.

"Can I dunk you now?" Joey asked breaking the akward silence.

Everyone laughed at that comment. "No, Joey, I think I've had enough excitment for one day. Now which one of you strapping young lads are going to help me down."

JC jumped down when she said that and grabbed her waist as she set her hands on his shoulders he brought her down into the water next to him.

Ali looked up at JC and gave him a smile and a courtsey, "Thank you kind sir"

"Anything for m'lady." JC bowed at the waist.

"So why is everybody standing around here? Isn't there fun to be had?" Ali said looking at the faces around her.

"Yeah baby." Justin yelled pumping his fist in the air.

Ali stayed close to the dock as the guys goofed around and had a chicken fight. She wanted to be able to go out there and join them but she was a little bit afraid after what had happen. They seemed to be having a good time without her so she turned to go back to shore when someone stopped. Ali turned and saw JC standing there holding her hand.

"Come out with us." JC said gently pulling her.

"No, I don't want to. I can't touch the bottom." Ali backed away.

"Please Ali, come out there. We want you to have fun too." JC pleaded.

"I'm fine really." Ali shook her head.

"Trust me Ali," JC whispered gently touching her cheek with his hand.

With the look in JC's eyes at that moment, Ali would have done nearly anything. She nodded her head and let JC lead her out farther. When they reached the point where she couldn't touch, he put an arm around her waist and she clung to him nervously. She studied him close up and the more she thought about it, the more she realized she was already falling.

"Nice of you too join us chica." Justin said from her right side.

"Yes well, someone insisted I come out here." she nodded to JC.

"Well someone had to do it, we all voted JC." Justin shrugged.

"Well thank you for your concern." Ali smiled still clinging to JC.

"Can you touch the bottom Chris?" Ali looked at Chris who was probably her height or a little taller.

"Nope, but I can swim good." Chris assured her.

"Can everybody else touch the bottom?" Ali looked around the circle.

Everyone nodded they're heads and smiled at the young lady who graced their presence.

"It's okay that you can't touch the bottom Ali, you're still cool with us." Joey smiled breaking the akward silence.

"Gee, thanks Joey. So what now...surely I didn't come all the way out here just to stand around in a circle and look at each other." Ali said looking around at everyone.

"Let's have a square dance." Lance suggested thoughtfully.

"A what?" Ali asked looking at him.

"A square dance. You know, swing your partner do-si-do." Lance replied.

"Yeah, that would be fun." Justin agreed.

"I'm the only girl though." Ali pointed out.

"We can all dance with each other." Chris suggested.

"There are 7 of us." Joey reminded the group.

"I'll be the caller." Lance volunteered.

"Be my date Justin my love." Chris swam over to Justin and clung to him.

"Oh Chris, where have you been all my life." Justin responded hugging his friend playfully.

"What do you say Ali, wanna be partners?" JC asked looking into her beautiful eyes.

"Sure." Ali nodded in agreement. "Just don't let go."

"Mike, that leaves us man." Joey said jumping on his back.

"Oh woe is me." Mike rolled his eyes sarcastically.

"Okay, so everyone get in the dance position and you can just stayin a circle. JC and Ali, you can decide if Ali wants to be the guy or the girl if you really want to just to make it fair." Lance nodded they're way.

"I'll be the girl." Ali volunteered.

"Hey I wanted to be the girl." JC said smiling.

"Sorry, JC, the guy has to lead and I can't touch the ground remember?" Ali reminded him then placed an arm around his neck and the other met his other hand in air ready to dance.

"Oh thats right, how could I forget. Foolish me." JC said slapping his head with the arm that was around her waist.

"Please don't let go." she said a little panicked.

"Don't worry, Ali, the only time I'll let go is when we switch parnters and I'll make sure they have you before I let go." JC reassured her.

"Okay." Ali rested her head on his shoulder as they waited for everyone else to get ready and Lance the caller to find his technique.

Lance just started singing 'The Dance' by Garth Brooks as the couples started dancing. After the first verse Lance called for a partner change. Ali was really nervous about this part but JC kept his word and passed her to Justin without letting go until Justin had control of her.

"Hello lady." Justin smiled as they dance.

"Hello, sir." Ali laughed at the faces he kept making.

After a few minutes they switched partners again, Ali was passed to Mike who was a good dancer. They had big ballroom steps as everyone else just basically floated in a circle.

"You're a good dancer there Mike." Ali applauded him.

"You're not so bad yourself Miss Carter." Mike smiled down at her.

"Switch partners." Lance called.

Ali was placed into JC's waiting arms where she felt the most comfortable and it felt as if she belonged there. They had a natural chemistry that both of them were having trouble ignoring. Everyone was aware of it and they all liked the idea of JC finding someone, especially if that someone was Ali.

"Are you having fun?" JC asked leaning close.

"Yeah." Ali nodded her head which was at his cheek. "The question is are you having fun? I'm the one who is supposed to bring the fun remember?"

"Yes, Ali, I'm having a blast." JC nodded tightening his arm around her waist bringing her closer.

"Good." Ali smiled then rested her head on her shoulders.

"I'm starving." Joey said a moment later after Lance was done with his song.

"Me too." Justin agreed.

"Well let's go back in and make some dinner." Ali suggested.

They all agreed then went back to shore and dried off. They all stayed in they're swim wear as they started to fix dinner.

"What do y'all want?" Ali asked the group.

"What do you have?" Justin answered with a question of his own as he looked over her shoulder.

"Well the best thing we could probably do is make steaks. We have them in the freezer, but we wouldn't be able to take them with us tomorrow so that would be the best idea. That way we aren't raiding the actual trail food." Ali suggested.

"Sounds good to me." JC said from her side.

"Me too." Mike answered.

"All right, steaks it is." Ali nodded her head. "How does everyone like theirs done?"

"I like mine well," JC answered.

"Well," Mike agreed.

"Medium," Justin answered.

"Medium," was Chris's answer.

"Well please." Lance added.

"Okay, and I'd like mine well too." Ali agreed.

"So I'll put the well's on first so they can cook and fix some other things. You guys can go do something if you want." Ali suggested as she seasoned the steaks and put them on the stove-top grill.

"No way chica, we wanna help." JC shook his head.

"Well I really don't need 6 helpers." Ali looked back at him and the others.

"I'll do other stuff." Justin volunteered.

"I think we'll leave you two to the cooking. Since JC volunteered and all." Joey nodded.

So it was settled, JC and Ali would cook dinner and the rest of them would help clean up afterwards.

"I can definatly see why you like doing this, it's so beautiful out here." JC said while he made a salad.

"Yeah, I love it. It's so peaceful." Ali agreed.

"So do you have a boyfriend or fiance that we should all know about?" JC asked nonchalantly as he cut up carrots for the salad.

"No, he died last summer." Ali sighed not really wanting to talk about it.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to bring up unwanted memories." JC put a comforting hand on her back.

"No, it's all right. You didn't know." Ali smiled ruefully.

"What happened if you don't mind me asking?" JC questioned watching her face.

"He took some clients out and there was a really bad thunderstorm. He couldn't see and didn't know where he was going when they fell down a steep ravine. They had broken bones and they must have been there for a few days before being attacked by a cougar. That's how we found them. All torn apart." Ali sighed watching her pot.

"I'm so sorry." JC wanted to pull her in his arms and hold her but didn't know how she'd react so she thought against it and patted her shoulder akwardly.

"He never did find out about the miscarriage." Ali felt tears burning at the back of the throat when she thought about how she had lost her baby, they're baby.

JC took that moment to put his things down and pull her into his arms and held her while she cried.

Ali broke down and cried for a few minutes before realizing what she was doing. She quickly pulled away and went back to check on the steaks. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to cry on you like that."

"It's all right." JC assured her.

Ali wiped her face with the back of her hand and sniffled softly.

The kitchen was quiet after that. Dinner was ready and they all sat down to eat.

"This looks good." Joey said looking at the table of food.

"Thank you. Mr. Chasez here is a good helper." Ali nudged JC who was sitting to her right.

They all bowed they're heads as Ali said grace and then dug in ravenously. Everyone enjoyed it so much, it had been a long time since any of them had had a home cooked meal. They had a chocolate cake for dessert they had that around the fire.

It got dark really early on the mountain so by the time dinner was over it was already dark. They sat around the fire talking when Ali stood up and got her guitar out.

"You play?" JC asked seeing her guitar.

"Yeah." Ali nodded strumming a chord to see if it was in tune.

After deciding she was satisified with the way it sounded, Ali began to play a song. She closed her eyes and felt the music take over her body. She started singing and the guys just listened to her beautiful soprano voice.

"Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now I'm found was blind but now I see."

JC was lost in her voice and the expression on her face when he started singing with her.

"Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now I'm found was blind but now I see."

The two of them harmonized so well together it gave everyone in the room goosebumps. They're voices blended perfectly it was thrilling to see. It was also fun to watch the sparks between the two. All 5 of them could see that they were both attracted to each other not just on a physical level but they had a deeper connection.

They played several more songs when Ali started yawning.

"I don't know about the rest of you but I'm gonna hit the sack. We gotta get up early tomorrow so we can get to our campground." Ali said as she went to put her guitar away.

"Where are we supposed to sleep?" Joey asked looking around.

"Form a nice lovey circle on the ground and sleep on the floor." Ali said unrolling her sleeping back on the floor.

"She put on her pajamas over her swim suit so that way she wouldnt have to go elsewhere to change. She smiled when the boys were arguing over who got to sleep next to her. She was happy when JC won one spot and Justin won the other.

"Goodnight boys." she said giving each one of them a hug.

"Goodnight Ali." they said hugging her back.

JC lay awake for at least an hour thinking about everything that had happened that day and the sleeping form next to him that belong to Ali. He knew he was falling in love with her and it scared him. It scared him to think he barely knew her and yet they suited each other so well. He fell asleep with a smile on his face ready to meet tomorrow running.


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki