Motorbikes and Lives by sarahj


Number of reviews: 30
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


“Chris I-….I’m really having second thoughts…”

Chris smiled as he locked up the front door and made his way to the garage. This was going to happen whether either of them liked it or not. “Sarah, do you think you could move your car, it’s blocking the driveway.”

Sarah scowled. “Chris, are you listening? I really don’t know…”

Chris stopped where he was in front of Sarah’s car, his face no longer the image of happiness. He strode over to Sarah and wrapped his arms around her gently. “I know this is…not easy. It’s not easy for both of us. God, it’s only been what, nine months?”

Sarah nodded slowly and relaxed in his grasp. She would much rather remain in this position all day than do what he suggested. She felt so safe. Nothing compared to anything that was about to take place. She didn’t think she had ever felt so shaky in all her life.

Chris let go of her slightly and placed his hands on her shoulders, now able to look her straight in the eye. “I won’t let anything happen. Promise.” Pulling her closer, he kissed her gently on the check and made his way back to the garage. “Now pass me those keys so we can get this over and done with.”

Sarah knew how dangerous this was. She was certainly aware of the worst case scenario. But she couldn’t help feeling an extra sense of security from his promise. He would keep her safe, no fuss.

Sarah’s trail of thoughts ran short as she turned to the clattering and crashing from the garage. “Um…are you okay?”

Chirs stumbled out, his hair wildly out of place. His broad smile didn’t flaw once at the object by his side. Sarah drew a shaky breath at the item. She didn’t think she ever wanted to see one again.

Chris gripped the handlebars of the motorbike in his hands tightly. On the outside, sure he was looking happy. There was no reason to make Sarah nervous. Inside, he was trembling.

Slowly, Sarah made her way up the driveway and paused in front of him. Now she had no second chances. This would be over and done with today. It was their mutual decision.

He chucked her one of the helmets in his hand and walked over to her one last time. “We can do this. I won’t let anything happen to you now, you know that.”

Simultaneously, they placed their helmets as Chris positioned himself at the front of the motorbike. Taking her hand in his, he guided her onto the rear, until they were both sitting in a relatively comfortable position. Although his right foot was firmly on the ground, Sarah immediately found herself wrapping her arms tightly around his waist. It increased her feeling of safety by half. Chris put the key in the ignition and turned his head to meet hers.

“Are you ready?”

Sarah remained blank for several seconds and thought back over the past nine months. The first visit from Chris, the frequent visits thereafter, dealing with press, recovering. Everything was eventually leading up to this one moment and the chance had gone by to let it slip away now.

“As I’ll ever be, I guess.”

Chris turned back to the front and began revving the engine. He squeezed her hands currently grasped onto him in reassurance and moved the bike down the driveway. His insides flipped in sudden movement but something in his mind was telling them to stop. The familiar rush that flowed throughout his body every time he rode this thing surged as per usual. They were going to be fine.

Speeding up the vehicle, he flew down the neighbourhood road. Motorbikes and lives were never going to be dabbled with again. At least not in their case.







A/N: Okay, so I just oculdn't make poor old Chris die could I now?! I know it contradicts the summary, but I simply changed my mind lol! Thanks to everyone who has reviewed ;)


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki