Love & Hate by Shari


Number of reviews: 3
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Awakened by the insistent ringing of her cell, Sharisse hesitantly rolled over, grabbing it from it place on the nightstand. “Huh,” croaked Sharisse sitting up slightly to glance at the clock on the dresser which read 3:36 a.m.

“Sharisse its me Lorraine, have you seen the news?” she asks frantically.

“No, what going on?” she responses, shooting straight up in the bed. as she searches her covers and her hardwood floors for the her remote.

“ Ethan Murdock… his dead and their suspect it was a homicide.” Lorraine said filling her in to the latest as Sharisse finally found the remote underneath the pillow beside her.

If your just tuning in, I’m Regina Blanks from Channel Six news and I’m here live on scene at the home of Former Police Commissioner Ethan Murdock, who was found dead in his home just a little after two this morning.

“ The news is portraying this as a murder of passion since it was no secret that Murdock was having an affair.” added Lorraine.

“ I bet Captain Howard is having a field day down at the station as we speak.” Spoke Sharisse knowing this it was going to be a long day.

“ Yeah, I’m heading over there now, to see what I can do.” Lorraine told her, grabbing her purse and keys as they spoke.

“ I’ll be there in thirty tops,” Sharisse said before hanging up herself.


*****

Just as she predicted the station house was practically a mad house, with news crews everywhere trying to get the latest scoop. Pushing though crowd, Sharisse made it upstairs and into the briefing room, to find all the morning shift waiting on Captain Howard to fill them on last nights happens.

Spotting Lorraine, she makes her way over to her. She taking the conveniently opened seat next to her. Just as she made herself comfortable, Captain Howard an forty-something year old man, with nicely gray hair and beard and eyes blood shot, entered the room.

“ As all of you probably know Ethan Murdock was found in his home dead early this morning. And although we have no definite leads we have reason to believe that could have been a homicide. With that said we will have setup a 24 hours patrol watch around the Murdock estate and we have established 24 hour protecting for Murdock’s three grown daughters just as a precaution. As for watch duty assignments, your sifts have been posted on the bulletin board downstairs. So with the exception of Montgomery and Edmunds, I called this meeting is adjourned.” With that said everyone stood to leave, just as Jason walks in a complete mess in gray sweats and a wrinkled white tee.

“Sorry Capt. I’m late, I had a ruff night.” Explained Jason following Captain Howard into his office with Sharisse lagging behind quietly.

Closing the door behind her, Sharisse takes the only other available seat next to Jason, in front of the Captain’s desk.

“As you know this investigation has gotten off to a mess start and is going to get a lot worst before we get to the bottom of this. Especially since this may be the work of a serial killer.”

“Captain Howard how can this be?” exclaimed Sharisse, having heard nothing about this before .

Slapping two separate folders on his desk in front of both Sharisse and Jason, be begins to explain. “Last month there was the unexplainable death of Harrison Mitchell the police chief of precinct 36th. Where he was found strangled to death with a mini blind cord, just like Murdock. But since Mitchell had been pronounced clinical depressed it came to no shock to his wife or family that he would kill himself, so the investigation was closed no questions asked. Though the similarities in both death has us suspecting homicide, in both there were no signs of force entry or a struggle in either house, not adding the little fact that both men were assigned to the same precinct in California nearly five years ago.”

“ So what does that have to do with us Capt.” asks Jason a little unnerved at the mentioned of California.

“ You’re the best two best homicide dectectives I’ve got on the force and Jason with your work in psychology. You two are my best bet to crack this case before the F.B.I. come in and takes over.”

“But Cap-,” said Jason before being interrupted by the Captain.

“Before you say it, I know that you two have a lot of issues with each other, but I want you two to push it aside for the time being and solve this case. Use those files to get started,” stated Howard.

“Yes, Sir.” Said both Sharisse and Jason in unison before leaving his office.

Making just out of Captain Howard’s range, Sharisse abruptly stops walking and turns to face Jason. “ Look Jason, I might have been out of line the other night, coming over the way I did. So I’m apologizing in hopes we can be civil and professional while handling this case.” Emphasized Sharisse, who was now holding her hand out to shake hands on it.

“Whatever Montgomery, just stay out of my way.” He says regretting his words, as they left his mouth.

“ I’ll meet you in you office in ten then,” she told him emotionless as she huffed off obviously pissed.


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki