Change of Mind by Leeann


Number of reviews: 5
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


"So we'll see you on Monday then, okay great. We look forward to meeting you Ms. Valdez." the polite voice sounded.

"Thank you, I look forward to meeting you as well, Mr. Wright. I will see you Monday." Rebecca smiled before hanging up the phone.

Next she called the airport and booked a flight for the next morning at 6am. She smiled brightly and went to pack her suitcase excitedly.

"Beck are you here?" Sara called.

"Yeah, I'm in my room." Rebecca answered.

"What are you doin?" Sara asked seeing her putting clothes in a suitcase.

"Packing."

"Well thank you captain obvious, I can see that, but what are you packing for?"

"I have an interview in Florida Monday."

"You do? That's freakin awesome."

"I know, I'm meeting with Johnny Wright at 9am on Monday morning.

"Johnny Wright? Isn't he like manager of N'Sync or somethin?"

"Yeah, among other bands."

"Wow."

"I know, I'm so excited. At this point, I don't care who I'll be working with, I just need the job, we graduate in 3 weeks and this is my first interview." Rebecca smiled.

"Well, I'm proud of you."

"Thanks."

Sara's job waited for her in California, so for the first time, the girls were going off on their own. Rebecca normally was the first to iniate things and got the ball rolling and Sara usually followed her. This time would be different, this time the girls were going to opposite ends of the country, and quite frankly, Rebecca was excited to get on her own.

"I wish I would have gotten a job in Florida." Sara sighed.

Rebecca rolled her eyes to herself and told herself not to yell at Sara then replied, "Yeah, but you got a really good job in Cali."

"Yeah, I know." Sara nodded.

"We should go celebrate tonight." Sara suggested.

"I can't, my flight leaves tomorrow morning at 6. I need to be in bed early."

"Ouch, thats really early." Sara shuddered.

"Yeah, but I'd like to get there early maybe do some site seeing or whatever." Rebecca added.

"That's understandable." Sara nodded.

"Yeah, so I'm going to have to sit this one out."

"Do you want to go to a movie?" Sara asked feeling bored.

"Sure." Rebecca agreed.

"What one do you want to go to?"

"I wanted to see The Wedding Date. It sounded pretty good."

"Sounds like fun."

The girls went to the movie and it was good. There were a lot people there so they ended up going to the night show instead. As soon as Rebecca got home, she went to bed.

~*~

"Flight 345 for Orlando now boarding at Gate 6." Rebecca heard as she ran towards her gate.

"Please don't leave without me." she whispered as she ran as fast as she could.

She was running late as her car broke down at the last minute, and she had to call a cab to the airport.

"Hurry miss, they're just about to shut the gate." the flight attendant called as she saw Rebecca running towards the gate.

"Thank you so much." Rebecca smiled and handed her the ticket.

"Enjoy your flight ma'am."

"Thanks."

Rebecca found her seat and buckled up and got out her portable CD player and turned on Sugarcult's Start Static. She had a huge smile on her face as she felt the plane take off.

She ended up falling asleep and a couple hours later, she heard the stewardess announce they would be landing in a few minutes. She put away her CD player and rebuckled her seatbelt and looked out the window. She was feeling a little groggy so she stretched her muscles trying to work out the kinks.

Walking off the plane, Rebecca first went to get her luggage off the baggage check then went to get a cab to her hotel.

"This is really nice." she commented to the cab driver.

"Yes ma'am, I am rather partial to Orlando. It's a really nice place to live." the older man smiled.

"Yeah." Rebecca looked out the window and watched the buildings fly by.

"So what brings you to our fine city?" the man asked politely.

"I have an interview tomorrow, I'm graduating college in 3 weeks and hopefully I'll be getting a job here."

"Well good luck with that. Here you are, it's going to be ten dollars even." the man told her.

"Here you are sir, keep the change." Rebecca said handing him a twenty.

"Thank you miss." the man smiled at her.

Rebecca checked into her hotel room and unpacked her things for her interview tomorrow. Next she decided to go site seeing a little bit. She'd never been to Orlando before, and couldn't wait to see what there was to see. She didn't want to sit any more, so she opted to walk.

An hour later, Rebecca felt the beginnings of hunger, so she stopped at a little bakery near her hotel and went inside.

"This is a really cute place." she commented to herself.

"How may I help you miss." the lovely young woman behind the counter asked her.

"Yes, may I please have a ham and cheese sandwhich on a croissant?" Rebecca smiled.

"Sure, would you like anything to drink?"

"Yes, please, I'll take an iced caramel latte please." Rebecca nodded.

"Alright, that'll be one ham and cheese croissant with an iced caramel latte anything else?"

"No thanks."

"Alright, you're total is going to be $7.65."

Rebecca handed her the money and waited for her order.

She spotted a news paper and went to look at it when she heard the woman tell her order was up. She was paying attention to the paper and not where she was going when she ran into somebody.

"Oh, I'm sorry." she said looking up.

"No problem," a deep voice answered.

"Do we need to exchange proof of insurance?" Rebecca asked playfully.

"No thank you, it's all right, really." he smiled and reassured her.

"Okay, if you'll excuse me," Rebecca nodded at him and grabbed her plate and drink and sat down at one of the tables in front of the store.

She bit into her sandwhich and sighed blissfully. It was a taste of heaven, it truely was. They had a place similiar to this in back where she was from, but she hadn't been there in over 3 years. It was a taste of home.

"May I sit here?" the man she'd ran into asked her.

"Sure," Rebecca nodded.

"Thank you, I'm Lance by the way." he said not removing his sunglasses.

"Rebecca, nice to meet you." she smiled warmly.

"Same here. So, you don't look like you're from here." Lance commented as he took a bite of his cake.

"No, I'm originally from North Dakota, but I'm going to college in Memphis and I'm here for an interview."

"Cool, good luck, I hope you get the job." Lance smiled.

"Thank you, I do too. I graduate in three weeks and this is my only interview. Every where else I've applied has either said I have no experience, or they've found someone else." Rebecca rolled her eyes.

"Well, I hope you get the job." Lance smiled again.

"Thanks, so what do you do here in the big city?" Rebecca asked.

"I do a little bit of music."

"Awesome. I love music. That's what I'm in school for, I'm in managment." Rebecca smiled brightly.

"Wow, thats crazy. I do a little managing myself, but I mostly sing."

"I'd like to sing, but I have horrible stage fright. Once I get up on stage, I freeze." Rebecca rolled her eyes at her own weakness.

"Hey, it's not easy getting up there." Lance nodded.

"Terrifying."

"Well listen, I have to get going, it was nice talking to you and good luck with that interview." Lance said standing up.

"Thanks again, good luck with everything." Rebecca smiled.

Rebecca finished her dinner then went back to the hotel for a quick nap as she was tired from getting up at 5am to make it to the airport by 6.

After a refreshing nap, Rebecca went downtown to the music scene to see what kind of bands Orlando had. She went to a club and liked the atmosphere as soon as she walked in. The place was called Jacob's Well and there was a hardcore band playing, she learned shortly that their name was Dreams Die Too and she really liked what she heard. The lead singer, Anthony, was a screamer, and reminded her of Bert McCracken from The Used. She knew in her heart that they were going to go places, they just had to keep at it.

When the next band went up there, she sought out the band members that had just vacated the stage. She wanted to let them know that they were doing a good job.

"Hey, you're the lead singer of Dreams Die Too, right?" she asked recognizing him right away.

"Yeah, I'm Anthony."

"Nice to meet you, Anthony, I'm Rebecca, I just wanted to let you know that you guys are really good. You have a lot of potential and you're going to go places."

"Thanks, that means a lot." Anthony smiled.

"You're welcome." Rebecca nodded.

She went back to the main area where the stage was and listened to the next band. She wasn't impressed with them at all. The lead singer had no stage presence as he just stood there and looked really nervous. The guitar player on the other hand had awesome stage presence, he looked like he was made for the stage. He was so natural up there, it sent shivers down her spine.

"Can I get you anything?" a woman asked her.

"Excuse me?" Rebecca looked at her weird.

"Would you like a drink or anything?" she asked again.

"Oh, no thanks." Rebecca shook her head.

"Alright," the woman nodded then walked to the next person.

Rebecca stayed there for another few hours, before going back to the hotel at around eleven pm. She took a shower as soon as she got to her room, as she was sweaty from the show and she was out like a light soon as the room was dark.

~*~

"I'm here to see Johnny Wright." Rebecca told the receptionist at WEG the following morning.

"And who might you be?" the woman asked her.

"Rebecca Valdez, I have an interview at 9." Rebecca smiled.

"You're here a little early," she said looking at the clock that read 8:30.

"Yes, I don't believe in being late." Rebecca nodded.

"Go have a seat, and I'll let Mr. Wright know you're here."

"Thank you."

Rebecca sat down in one of the chairs and tried not to be nervous.

About ten minutes later, the receptionist got her attention, "Mr. Wright will see you now."

"Okay." Rebecca said standing up.

"Take the elevator up to the fifth floor, then turn left and go all the way down the hallway and his office is the one on the very end. You can't miss it."

"Thank you," Rebecca nodded then walked towards the elevator.

With shaky legs Rebecca found herself in the elevator then walking down the hallway to the office that read "Johnny Wright". She inhaled deeply and knocked confidently on the door.

"Come in." a pleasant voice sounded from the other side of the door.

Rebecca opened the door and walked in the office, quietly closing the door behind her.

"Hello sir, I'm Rebecca Valdez." she said holding out her hand.

"Johnny Wright, and please, call me Johnny," he smiled.

"Thank you Johnny." Rebecca nodded and shook his hand firmly.

"So tell me a little bit about yourself, Rebecca. Why do you want to work for our company." Johnny asked her getting right to the point.

"Well sir, I've been in love with music for as long as I can remember. I've always been a fan of live shows, and it's always been my dream to be a manager and to go on tour, if you gave me this opportunity it would fulfill a life long dream. But it's about more than just acheiving a dream, I would be doing something I love, something I can be happy doing, music is my life." Rebecca answered honestly and from the heart.

"You're definatly passionate about music, I don't doubt that. What is your favorite type of music?" he asked.

"I love all types of music, there are other genres I'm not fond of as others; those being rap and rnb. I like artists such as The Used, Good Charlotte, Simple Plan, Sugarcult, Hanson, Nsync, Britney Spears. I really don't have one favorite genre."

"You definatly have a variety of music there," Johnny smiled. "Basically what we're looking for is someone who devote a full six months to the job, you'd be working with Nsync on their reunion tour. We'd be training you the first 3 months, you would be booking shows, making sure everythings running smoothly, and making sure everyone is where they need to be on time. The next 3 months would be you working by yourself, you may have an assistant, but I'm not worried about that right now. Basically the first three months would be training and getting to know everything and then the next three months would actually be on the tour. As of right now, it is just a North American tour, but if everything goes good, we may take a short break, then go on a world tour. If we did that, we'd need you for at least another three months." Johnny explained.

"Okay, that sounds good." Rebecca nodded.

"How well do you work under stress and pressure? I'm not going to lie to you and say this job is easy. It's not, it's very stressful and can get really nerve wracking."

"Yessir. I work really good under pressure. I love a challenge, before I started college, I was working 2 full time jobs and one part time job. I crave it," Rebecca smiled.

"Wow, that is insane." Johnny looked at her with wide eyes.

"Yeah," Rebecca nodded.

"Well, I really must say that I really am impressed with you, but I do still have several interviews left today. Will you be around tomorrow?" Johnny asked looking at his PDA.

"Yes, I can be." Rebecca nodded.

"All right, I'll let you know by tomorrow whether or not you have the position. That way, we can get the legestics out of the way like contracts and all of that fun stuff. Are you missing classes because of this?" Johnny asked.

"Yes, but I've talked to my professors, and they've given me the work I'm missing." Rebecca nodded.

"Well good, I wouldn't want you to be missing class and your professors not know about it." Johnny smiled.

Rebecca just smiled at him and soared on the inside, she was feeling really confident about getting the job and couldn't wait for tomorrow.

"That's all we need from you, do you have any questions?" Johnny asked.

"What's the pay?" Rebecca questioned.

"You'll be getting a weekly allowance for food and expenses of $300, and at the end of each month, you'll be paid $5,000. If we decide to do the world tour, that will probably change, but we don't need to get into that right now. Did you have any other questions?"

Rebecca sat there with wide eyes, this was more that she'd ever expected to make, granted she wasn't hired yet, but if they did hire her, she'd be making a lot of money. "No sir."

"All right, we'll be in touch tomorrow." Johnny said standing up.

"Yessir, thank you." Rebecca shook his hand and walked out of his office.

Rebecca was really excited as she left the building and hailed a cab.

Soon as she stepped into her hotel room she screamed with excitement. She was sure she was going to get the job as she flung herself across her bed and started thinking about her now bright future.


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki